• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Benzos How much Xanax (alparazolam) are you able to take without blcking out?

LivingOnValium

Bluelighter
Ok lads and lasses I¨ll start!

1) zero tolerance oralmost none --> 2mg

2) current situation --> 4mg

3) what's it been like at worst --> +10mg mg for me . This was not my proudest moment and i had to do painful taper for about 6 months

I've set myself a limit that is when i need more than 5mg to get the lights out it's time start whening the dose dose down no matter what.

What's your take on this? Am i being too 'lax or too worriesome? I have had a severe benzo addiction in the past and i'm already feeling like playing with fire.

I don't push benzos to the point of blacking out any more, although I did do that in the past.

Etiz is meant to be roughly equivalent to xanax in strength (and similar in chemistry and effects profile too) so 1 mg of each is 1 standard therapeutic dose. For quite some time I was on way more than 10mg of etiz a day, which was lunacy. Some days more than 40mg. What a loon I was at that time. I abused the fuck out of any benzo that I could get my hands on.

Now it is very different. Following those stupid doses, something had to change. So I tapered down swiftly at first, luckily I was clearly taking far more than I actually needed or had become dependant upon, so it was easy to reduce quickly at first.. I then tapered very gradually as the doses got smaller and things started becoming more difficult.

I was completely abstinent for about 6 months at the end of the taper. I tried to make a go of it benzo free. But it was sheer hell.

I re-started and found that tiny doses of benzos would give me relief. A standard cube (for a 1 mg dose of Alprozam) off a xanax bar weighs around 80mg, I would crush a load of them, and found that just 15mg of the cube powder would do me! It was great to have such low tolerance again. I did the same with etiz; crushing them if crushable (Atizolms are crushable as they have no coating, but the superior and wonderfully effective Etilaams have a coating which means its not very practical to crush and weigh them out) and weighing out small doses.

Over the last 2-3 years tolerance has inevitably crept up again. So now I need 1.75 etiz pills to feel good. And 60mg of crushed Xanax bar powder. (Those Xanax bars were an awesome buy, I got 2 batches of them a few years ago, very cheaply, and the end of my supply is now sadly in sight) so will need to resupply soon.

I havent yet thought what my plan will be if / when my tolerance keeps rising. But by alternating etiz and xanax it has helped keep my doses of both quite low, especially the xanax. I dont want to let my tolerance get too high before I have to do another reset. There's no other way. I've been trying to take 1 or 2 days off every week, which has helped keep tolerance low, but I really need more off days than that.

Another Covid lockdown and 4 months of furlough might be quite handy some time soon! It would be an easy chance to reset my tolerance again. The good thing at the moment is that I dont NEED to take benzos every day. I'm not physically addicted. I just have a lot of trouble sleeping on the off days, due to the rebound insomnia.

Last edited:
I think it's just the title of the thread that is a bit misleading. The actual text in the OP isn't about getting fucked, it's about when to ween down.
Admit my bad wording but you hit the nail in the head in what i was going for it
this thread

330 mg.

To be completely fair, it didn't really do much by that point.

Taking too much Xanax might lead to paradoxical effect: instead of blacking out, you become manic and excited. In that state you run into a high risk of doing something stupid.

I've set myself a limit that is when i need more than 5mg to get the lights out it's time start whening the dose dose down no matter what.

They just mean the amount it takes to put them to sleep.

I've been on (and off) benzos for 30 years and 5mg Xanax is a lot. I was prescribed 0.25-0.5mg a long time ago but then put on diazepam because they were worried about how addictive Xanax was. Then it was rescheduled:

Does it have to make you fall asleep? I mean I'm glad if something just takes the edge off my anxiety sometimes.

They just mean the amount it takes to put them to sleep.

I've been on (and off) benzos for 30 years and 5mg Xanax is a lot. I was prescribed 0.25-0.5mg a long time ago but then put on diazepam because they were worried about how addictive Xanax was. Then it was rescheduled:

Does it have to make you fall asleep? I mean I'm glad if something just takes the edge off my anxiety sometimes.
Benzos for sleep do not do much for me. I use mirtazapin daily and It does the Job for me most of the times. Benzos are great for anxiolysis and recreation.

Reading these posts has made me seriously reconsider to use them more sparingly and lower my tolerance.

At one point of my Life i was prescribed 40mg Valium per Day, for 8 years straight.

Benzos for sleep do not do much for me. I use mirtazapin daily and It does the Job for me most of the times. Benzos are great for anxiolysis and recreation.

Reading these posts has made me seriously reconsider to use them more sparingly and lower my tolerance.

At one point of my Life i was prescribed 40mg Valium per Day, for 8 years straight.

Yeah.. Mirtazapine does nothing much for me. I've just learnt to put up with insomnia basically. I even induce it now with meth. It is different of course if you're not wanting to be awake, especially if there's something important you gotta do the next day.. But it's not the worst thing in the world.

40mg Valium? Who are these doctors?? That's 8 x 5mg!! I can take that amount & still function, but I've seen psychiatrists and they wouldn't prescribe that much, let alone GPs.

I think trying to cut down to less than 5mg/day Xanax is a good idea. I don't know exactly what that amount does long-term but it can't be good. Memory would be one thing affected, I'm sure.

Yeah.. Mirtazapine does nothing much for me. I've just learnt to put up with insomnia basically. I even induce it now with meth. It is different of course if you're not wanting to be awake, especially if there's something important you gotta do the next day.. But it's not the worst thing in the world.

40mg Valium? Who are these doctors?? That's 8 x 5mg!! I can take that amount & still function, but I've seen psychiatrists and they wouldn't prescribe that much, let alone GPs.

I think trying to cut down to less than 5mg/day Xanax is a good idea. I don't know exactly what that amount does long-term but it can't be good. Memory would be one thing affected, I'm sure.
Lol get this! For those same 8 years The psychiatrist in question prescribed me 72mg concerta + 20mg (IR) Ritalin per day. That's total of 92mg methylphenidate daily on top of the daily 40mg of diazepam.

Taking too much Xanax might lead to paradoxical effect: instead of blacking out, you become manic and excited. In that state you run into a high risk of doing something stupid.

I have always had the atypical effect. I've never been able to sleep on them.

Thing is, I don't black out much, I am amped and productive, and I never doing anything stupid.

I know what you mean, but yeah, I've always been able to take unlimited amounts pretty much, and have the same effect; most people would now know I wasn't sober. They cure my ADHD almost entirely, if not for the cognitive defect.

I am fairly certain that my adhd is because my GABA is wired up oddly, or at least its linked.

Me too man. By blacking out i mean i got no recollection whatsoever have i said or what's happened to me when i abuse benzos heavily. I actually almost never dose off. It's so embarresing to be told by My mates what have i said and/or done wirhout any recollecting of it at alla. If i just did pass out like Every other person it wouldn't Be such an issue..

Thing is, I don't black out much, I am amped and productive, and I never doing anything stupid.
Doesn't that depend on the dose you take and also the time of day you take them?

It does for me. I love that about benzos in that they are so versatile; killing anxiety during the day and aiding sleep when taken before bed.

It seems that they don't work so well for everyone.

My benzo tolerance is at Uber levels imo,
For me 3-4x at once, real blister 1mg Alpraz does the job to get me to the point where you
have to fight to keep your eyes open aha ;)

However I find each day is different when you reach this certain level of tolerance

Some times I may only take a half a 1mg or 1x and nod out, other times i may take 3 at once (1mg) and still feel
not hazey eyed tired.