• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Policy How Portugal eased its opioid epidemic, while U.S. drug deaths skyrocketed

Burnt Offerings

Moderator: Drug Culture & CEP
Staff member
Been an opioid user for 16+ years now & never once overdosed. I came close the first time I tried fentanyl, but thankfully by that point, I knew what to look out for and try it slowly. Fentanyl sucks & I can see how it would lead to overdose if some one was drunk or benzo-ed out & took it. Or even some one who accidentally took it, thinking it was another opioid.

Heroin is much safer & causes less physical damage in the long term than even alcohol.

The solution to America's opioid problem is simple, by legalization, regulation, education & rehabilitation (for those who decide they want to stop).
But instead our puritanical system would rather keep arresting people & letting people die instead.

And at the same time, they keep pumping out anti-opioid propaganda left & right in the US. They want the masses to think opioids are THE MOST dangerous drugs in the world & that they have no use whatsoever. I'm convinced they want to remove opioids altogether here.

It's really sad. Diacetylmorphine & friends are wonderful substances. They have risks just like any other drug, even less in some instances & depending on the drug being compared. But you can't have "freedom" without having a little risk.

I get called "junkie", "garbage human", etc.. by lots of people all over the internet whenever I try to bring this issue up. They have Americans completely radicalized to hate & judge anyone who uses an opioid.

We need change.... and fast. But I don't even know what the average person can do to change anything anymore. We're basically screaming into a void.