• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injecting LSD

drew345 said:
Aldoux Huxley had his wife shoot him up on his death bed.
if your saying the IV LSD killed him your wrong, fact is that lsd isnt a lethal substance, meaning you cannot overdose on it.

And as far as this thread, i wouldnt waste my time ruining good acid, and if it does work, Id call anybody a fucking nutcase that would IV lsd.

bfisher said:
fact is that lsd isnt a lethal substance, meaning you cannot overdose on it.

why are you saying this? it's wrong, so there is no way you know it, so don't fucking say it.

anthony kiedis (lead singer of red hot chilli peppers) did it

and to the people who are saying the come up is the same as eating it: I call BS

hydroazuanacaine said:
why are you saying this? it's wrong, so there is no way you know it, so don't fucking say it.
Actually, Heres a Fact for you.

You cannot OverDose on a Non-Lethal Substance... To be able to OVERDOSE on a drug it HAS to be a lethal substance, and LSD is NOT a lethal substance, just like mushrooms. show me 1 documented case where a human died from a LSD or mushroom OVERDOSE, not a case where they killed themself, but a case where they died because of a "toxic" dose, which doesnt exist.

^^I'm sure there is a lethal dose. You just, more than likely, would never, ever be in a situation where you could possibly hope to reach it. There's a lethal dose to virtually any chemical. It's just that some are exceedingly out of range for the average human being.

There is, in fact, a lethal dose of LSD-25... it just hasn't been well documented. There is a documented LD-50 though I believe. The problem is the amount is incredibly large, and of course you would experience a horrible psychosis before you even hit 1/10th of the LD50. As for mushrooms, they are not especially toxic, but a large enough dose WILL kill you. Also, with shrooms' the lethal dose is not thousands of times the active dose like with LSD, it is much lower in comparison.

Your body would reject 1/100th the lethal dose of shrooms, IF there is 1 which i still beleive to be untrue since its a non lethal substance n thats fact.

Mmmmm... technically, you're both right. LSD is considered to be a non-lethal substance, but only because you'd have to take massive amounts to actually kill yourself (approx 12,000ug)... something that is made more possible if you're going via the IV route.

The only documented cases I'm aware of (I think there's two) involve someone shooting up acid.

The documented case is linked below. It's a PDF file, so you'll have to wait a while for it to load.

http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?A=ShowDoc1&ID=6320

Actually, I'm not sure that is the link I'm looking for. I'm sure there's another somewhere...

Last edited:
^^^so 12 mg's can kill you, sounds lethal...

bfisher said:
Your body would reject 1/100th the lethal dose of shrooms, IF there is 1 which i still beleive to be untrue since its a non lethal substance n thats fact.
my body will reject less than the lethal amount of alcohol, is it "fact" that alcohol is a non-lethal substance as well?

Some guy snorted a line of crystal thinking it was amphetamine. Died of an MI. Who knows why? I'm betting he literally scared himself to death.

But yeah. Don't shoot LSD. I wrote about this in another thread, and it got slightly out of hand ... in an anecdote about this guy I know who liked a drop or two of liq in the syringe along with the twenty something bags of dope he shot on a daily basis. (Great crowd I run with :) )

So yeah it's doable but apparently you don't get much out of it. Said guy claimed to get a rush from it but other sources say no, although I'd imagine theres something quantifiably different within seconds to minutes. I've never injected LSD, never intend to. The only reason someone would want to do something like that, honestly, is probably related to their idea of the size of their dick, and that's not a good reason to do anything.

Bfisher no shit it didnt kill him he died of natural causes. dont be a dick and put words in peoples mouth please.

Actually there is a lethal Dose for LSD

Just most people wouldnt be able to obtain such amounts of LSD and if they did very few people would intentionally dose that high

There are a couple of reported cases of high doses showing some slightly nasty side effects but as far as I know no body has OD'd on acid (see if i can find some proof for that)

Doesnt mean it cant be done

(ps you could kill you self with alot of seemingly safe substances if you eat enough)

LD50 SOURCES
Clinical Management of Poisoning and Drug Overdose
by Haddad Winchester
page 459:
"No well-documented human deaths resulting directly from the toxic effects of LSD itself have occurred, though LSD has been implicated in accidental deaths, suicides, and homicides. LD50 (That's lethal dose in 50% of those who injest this much) determinations vary widely with species, begin 46 mg/kg in mice, 16.5 mg/kg in rats, 0.3 mg/kg in rabbits and 0.1 mg/kg in elephants. In monkeys, the LD100 is 5 mg/kg. Death in these animals is the result of respiratory failure, preceded in the rabbit by marked hyperthermia. Human data are manifestly lacking, and predictions of the average lethal dose for humans have ranged from 0.2 mg/kg to more than 1 mg/kg, administered orally.

Psychedelics Encyclopedia
Peter Stafford
p.70
"For those concerned about immediate medical hazards in ingesting LSD...Abram Hoffer has estimated, on the basis of animal studies, that the half-lethal human dose--meaning half would die--would be about 14,000 [ug]. But one person who took 40,000 ug survived. In the only case of death reportedly caused by overdose (Journal of the Kentucky Medical Association), the quantity of LSD in the blood indicated that 320,000 ug had been injected intravenously."

Misc References*
by K Trout
Based on the real world murder of lab animals the following results HAVE been published for LD50 studies of LSD-25:
(Please bear in mind that an oral LD50 is commonly 2 or 3X an intravenous LD50)

Mouse (intravenous)

46 mg/ kg (citing Rothlin & Cerletti (1957) Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 66: 668)
65 mg/ kg (citing information provided by Sandoz Pharmaceuticals)

Rat (intravenous)

16.5 mg/ kg (citing Rothlin & Cerletti (1957) above)

I omitted the rabbit figures as rabbits are extremely overly sensitive to all the major hallucinogens except for mescaline and similar. Source for the above was Usdin & Efron (1979) Psychotropic Drugs and Related Compounds (2nd Edition).

Please also note the values above are given as mg/kg of body weight not as simple mg doses. They suggest a human dose, regardless of the route of administration, would be radically greater than 14 mg.

If averaging the low and high values above, the value obtained is ~41 mg/ kg of body weight. Since this is an IV value (& assuming people respond like rodents)an oral LD50 would likely be in excess of 80 mg/kg (Meaning it would take just over 5 grams for someone of my body weight).

Even taking the lowest figure (16 mg/kg) we still wind up with an LD50 of more than a gram of acid for a 65 kg human; even if using the IV figure as an oral one!

If anyone knows where Hoffer derived his figures, we'd love to know.

Related references (taken from p 70 of Stafford's Psychedelic's Encyclopedia):

For the 320 mg of LSD injected intravenously under the mistaken idea it was speed (this killed the user and appears to be the only instance of death by LSD overdose), the reference is: Journal of the Kentucky Medical Association 75: 172-173.

For the dinner party where a bindle of pure crystalline LSD was confused with another one of cocaine and this case of mistaken identity resulted in two fat lines being chopped out and snorted by the 8 people attending: Klock et al. (1975) Clinical Toxicology Volume #8 Issue #2

Well look at that apparently someone HAS overdosed on 320 mg of LSD injected intravenously

Last edited:
Acid works fine without shooting

Its really only over complicating and adding risk to something the should be simple and safe

Ive spoken with people who have claimed they have done this

Was told could feel the come up with in a few minutes but was otherwise just like a normal trip

and when you on a 12 hour trip what does 40 minutes while it comes on matter

Yup i think ill save my viens for other things

bfisher is just talking out his ass.

you could barely see the amount of lsd it'd take to kill you. they've killed an elephant with it for propaganda reasons.

if it is 12mg (~200 hits ) then it'd be the size of a matchhead worth of powder, maybe less.

everything has a nonlethal dose. and everything has a lethal dose.

therefore your "nonlethal chemical" statement is very relative, unscientific and false.

Last edited:
id 100% be in for that experiment if anyone wants to try.

I could only image how id feel bootin 5k hits, Id be in heaven

Just to clear this up... the predicted LD50 dose of LSD ranges from 0.2mg/kg to 1.0mg/kg, via an oral route.

In plain terms, if you weigh 80kg, you're looking at anything from 16mg to 80mg for an LD50 dose.

Given that many people will weigh less than 80kg, the predicted dose for a 60kg person will be as low as 12mg and as high as 60mg.

For the purposes of harm minimisation, the lowest estimates are quoted to err on the side of caution: so we take the lower substance/weight ratio (0.2mg/kg) and assume a lower body mass (60kg), giving us the 12,000ug (12mg) mark.

Of course, there will always be people who can solidly testify to using outside these norms, but this is due to a lack of tangible data on the human LD50 level... and is also the reason for giving preference to quoting the lower thresholds.

And that's the problem... not a lot of data available. We do know that the LD100 for monkeys is 5mg/kg (via heart failure), but nobody ever volunteered for the human study though. :D Oh, by the way, the journal I was looking for turned up here. The guy who is discussed in the article died of intravenous LSD. The toxicology report estimated a dose of 320,000ug.

Hope that clears it up.

never heard of injecting acid put try puttin few acid tabs on your eyes for a couple minutes. you be tripping your tits off