• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Ink drawing of an Arab stallion.

I can't see anything. Maybe Bluelight is having trouble with pictures along with styles.

let's see if pics are working... this should be a rabbit with a pancake on its head...

pancakerabbit.jpg

alasdair

ok. it's working fine.

post the url to the image you're using and we can try to work out what's going on.

alasdair

ok. it's working fine.

post the url to the image you're using and we can try to work out what's going on.

alasdair
Oh bugger. I tried to copy & paste. The picture is not on any website. And I dunno how to show it because I tried one of them picture hosting sites but I couldn't choose WHICH pictures I wanted on it, it just uploaded EVERYTHING from my phone including EXTREMELY private material, and also apparently it's all open to unrestricted public view. No thanks. I deleted and got off there immediately.

PS are there any sites where you can curate what you wanna share and where it's not automatically public?? I'd really like to show some of my drawings & photographs but not if I have to display literally every picture I have to the entire fucking internet for that purpose.

you can't just paste in an image. you have to host it somewhere else on the web and then add your pic on bl using the url of the image.

snafu already gave you some help in your sth thread. you can upload a single image to imgbb.com but there are many others.

i am pretty sure major image hosting sites e.g. google photos - allow you to keep your uploads private unless you choose to make them public.

alasdair

you can't just paste in an image. you have to host it somewhere else on the web and then add your pic on bl using the url of the image.

snafu already gave you some help in your sth thread. you can upload a single image to imgbb.com but there are many others.

i am pretty sure major image hosting sites e.g. google photos - allow you to keep your uploads private unless you choose to make them public.

alasdair
OK thanks I will try to work out how to do that. (general computering is a book of seven seals to me despite having been born at the cusp of the internet age, so this might take me awhile Xd)

sure. any questions, fire away - i'm sure we can help you get this all straight...

alasdair

Just open a twitter account and make it private/locked, then post your pics there and copy the image and then paste the link in the image box here. It also won't have any annoying borders around the image like imgur and imgbb do

if you're looking for a place to upload images specifically art you made, i use http://flickr.com and it's pretty good.. once you have the photos uploaded you can view them and there is a icon to click where they just give you a link to post on message boards that will make the image show up... it's pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it and there aren't as many adds as some of the other image hosting sites.... i've actually been thinking about getting some of those other social media accounts like twitter or tik tok to get some art or music out there too.

it doesn't look like the OP got their picture posted to the thread that i see.

There must be a non-social network out there where one can host something...!? Because all this Instagram flicks whatever sites tend to delete my accounts after a while because of "no use" and it's getting harder to open a new one. Like impossible in the case.of Facebook unless you tell them your great-grandmothers's shoe size, video of her holding today's newspaper included.