• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Legal Consequences for Transporting Pharmaceutical Drugs Across Mexican Border

E-Head?

Bluelighter
A friend of mine is taking a trip to Mexico and will be stocking up on pharmaceutical drugs for himself. He is going to be buying a lot of benzos and some pain killers. What is the likely hood of him getting caught and what are the consequences (ie do they turn you over to Mexican authorities, do you go to jail...etc). I only ask because I don't think he knows, and he seems to think everything will be fine and dandy with no problems whatsoever. Is it fairly easy to make it across without any problems?
Thanks...
------------------
"Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction..."
-Tyler Durden, Fight Club

my uncle is the agent in charge of customs at a mex/US boarder, i will talk to him and ask but as far as i know........as long as the drug isnt "blacklisted" (roofies and qualudes) in the US you can bring back 3 months worth if you have a mex script (when you go to the pharm.) the doctor writes you out one.
There are a few such as steroids that you haev to have a US dr's script even crossing back over.
There is no formula for stopping people, although the computer will tell them to make a random search, its done by "feeling" of the agent there.
the problem is that IF you dont claim any of the drugs and they do search you *even* if its legal for you to have them they take them.
usually with pharms your safe (unless ts a boatload) because their busy with the hollowed out cars with thousands of pounds of meth, weed and black tar heroin.
but look back here and ill call him later today.
PS if your caught by the US customs and are a citizen they keep you, If your caught by the mexicans version of customs, your kept by them unitl you are sent back (but if its pharms legal in mexico he has no fear.)
[This message has been edited by special k (edited 20 March 2001).]

Thanks for the reply. So I guess worst case scenario is they would take them. If they ask if he has anythying he should say "yes" and show them the Mexican Pharmacy script? What if it's like a couple hundred Valum? In other words, more than a 3 months supply?
Thanks again...

Its not that hard to sneak various items back across the border but watch out for those random searches and walk across the border vs driving. Your less likely to be fucked with. Its better to hide them in a private area rather than try to claim them...best days tend to be monday and wedesday. At least thats what a trusted source says from an rx there. Also, try to bring back ciggarretttes and have a drink or two so It makes sense why your crossing the border otherwise why would you be coming to tj? Just be ready for an excuse and play it cool. Best of luck.

Don't worry - you're not moving enough shit to be of intrest to them .. I have made the trip several times (back when you could actually get Rohypnol) .. don't declare anything - the "90 days supply" rule is not what you think ... just put the shit in your pants and drive back - if you're a clean cut white kid, you shouldn't have any problem... take a surf board and say you were just down for a day of surfing ...
------------------
"can you do anything without insulting someone? your a bastard cry baby bitch.."
(posted by dust1n)

Another thing...he drives a very expensive and extremely nice Green BMW and last night on MSNBC they were naming certain cars that they tend to search. The only manufacturer I can remember them saying was Mercedez...is this going to be a problem?
[This message has been edited by E-Head? (edited 21 March 2001).]

1) You can get hydrocodne but it's going to cost a lot - oxycodone is really out of the question ... strong narcotics are not easy to score in Mexico, as they ARE regulated .. benzos are really un-watched substances...
2) Dress nicely, have a neat car, and keep the shit on you - have a good story about why you went to Mexico .. two friends wrote "JUST MARRIED" on the back of their car, had a suitcase of clothes, and their story was that they were returning from a honeymoon - they were both clean cut white kids, they had their ID's in hand and ready for the patrol - the car was neat and clean ..
It's a gamble - sometimes they will just search you... luckily drug dogs can't detect benzos ...
------------------
"can you do anything without insulting someone? your a bastard cry baby bitch.."
(posted by dust1n)

There 2 ways of doin it...
1)tape em into ur briefs/boxers, and walk across, do not drive across...dont act stupid or nervous, and dont wear your
"E-TARD" shirt either
2)ask some old mexican pedestrian to cross with ur stuff and pay him off a lil cash on the other side...tell him its no big deal, tell him its some medicine and stuff.