Legal Drug Use and Risk Taking Behaviour

uni_researcher

Greenlighter
Hi all

I am recruiting for participants to complete a survey for my Masters project. I will be collecting responses until the end of August, as I have a submission deadline of 7th October. All responses are anonymous and confidential. If you click on the link you will be directed to an information page before the survey begins, but if you have any further questions please contact me.

Thank you for your time

http://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/549621/c98cd118a7a3

Last edited by a moderator:
Done, I found the ranking reasons part frustrating because for "legal highs" some of the reasons are pretty much equal for me and I thought that sort of ranking didn't reflect the differences between my choices. For instance I ranked Gov't as 8th and Media as 7th (for w/e question that is) but that doesn't adequately convey how far behind 1-6 those are in influencing me.

Thanks shishigami, I will be sure to include your point in the discussion section of the write up

thanks to all who have already filled out the survey, it will be open for another month (depending on how many responses I get, perhaps longer) and I will be posting up a summary of findings once I have completed the project

done... I'd revise your questions on risky behaviour... it neglects that many people may be reasonably skilled at the activities you mention and thus they are of relatively low risk for that person.

I think most of the drugs legal now should be illegal and the illegal drugs now be legal compared to vice-versa. However i beleive that if a mature person wants to snort some coke or heroin or smoke some marijuana and trip on acid why should i care? I am intriuged by your servey but i am rather weary of taking it.

I did not like the ranking part at all. I thought it should have let you list things that were equal in importance or unimportance. Also, the assessment of other types of risk taking behavior (such as betting, not returning a wallet) had really nothing to do with drug activities at all and I'm stumped as to what this person hopes to accomplish with this questionnaire.

Completed.

It occured to me that during the final part, there was a question about skydiving? It could be assumed from my answer that I would be quite likely to take a skydiving lesson i.e. engage in a "risky" behaviour. I would, but only because I know you can take skydiving lessons indoors, you don't have to get in a plane to experience freefall. Google "airkix" if you don't know what I mean :)

Thank you for completing the survey and your comments, I am noting them and will include them in the discussion. For those who are asking about the significance of the risk taking qeustionnaire, I will be posting a summary of findings when I have submitted the project.

Thanks for being so responsive, uni_researcher. We appreciate researchers getting involved in the discussion and especially appreciate them returning with their results!

@uni_researcher

Sorry it's taken me longer than usual to get to this - but now I have, and it looks as though you have closed the survey.
Could you provide me with a copy of your participant information sheet, email to [email protected] ? We keep the full names and contacts from all studies so we can track any publications that arise.

Thanks

Thanks - I've amended the link on the original post for you. And can I confirm your full name as the researcher (weirdly, you don't mention that on the participant information!). It's just so we can connect future publications under your name with this project and post them back here, if you don't do it yourself :)

thanks again for completing the survey, I will be closing it on 31st August so I can analyse all the data so would appreciate any member who has not yet done it please don't miss the opportunity! I will post up a summary of results here when I have submitted my project, but the results are already quite interesting at first glance!