• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Levodopa (L-Dopa)

W

Wrap&Roll

I got a bottle of Levodopa-Carbidopa from my dealer and he said some people use it to get high. I've done some research and its basically L-Dopa which is a direct precusor to Dopamine. It is used to increase Dopamine levels in people with Parkinsons desease. I was wondering if it can be taken recreationally and if any one has done this and would know the does. Chemmically it should feel something like good coke, but I'm not completely sure. Any advice would be appriciated.

I was coming on to ask the exact same question! these pills are cool, they look like rolls with a little jesus fish on one side! nifty

L-5-HTP is the precursor to serotonin...i haven't heard of anyone taking large doses of 5-HTP to get a roll out of it...L-Dopa may increase the amount of dopamine in your body but that is only to replenish a deficiency of dopamine...your body needs some sort of stimulus to make large amounts of dopamine bind to it's receptors to get the desired effect...

Also, L-Dopa has BAD side effects-ranging from scizophrenic-like hallucinations to irreversible head writhing movements-at least at the level that Parkinson's patients take it, don't know about recreationally but just a warning...
------------------
"If we're all gonna die anyways, shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like, right now, as some minor, insignificant preamble to something else." Dazed and Confused

SOunded like a new useful, and, fun drug that I haven't heard of before!
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by goodkarma (edited 17 March 2001).]

Coke Turns into L-Dopa before it is Dopamine, so I assume that taking L-dopa would be similar to doing coke. The side effects mentioned only apply to long term daily intake. If you do enough coke everyday eventually you will have hallucinations as well. I would like to know if anyone has ever tried it?

Cocaine doesn't "turn into" dopamine. It plays with the dopamine receptors...
------------------
Intelligence is not best measured by the answers you have but by the questions that you ask

Okay kids.... Levodopa-Carbidopa is an **Antidyskinetic**. In other words it ceases dyskentic (oncontrolled) bodily movements.
Levodopa is used alone or in combination with carbidopa to treat Parkinson's disease. By improving muscle control, this medicine allows more normal movements of the body.
It can cause a lot of really uncomfortable side affects even for those who NEED to take it. For those who don't - it can be the cause of such things as tardive dyskenisia, the very thing that it is supposed to prevent.
Why in the hell would you want to attempt this recreationally??
------------------
if we are what we eat, then what is to be said of what we choose to listen to...?