• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Liquid Morphine Questions...

Alternity

Bluelighter
I recently aquired a bottle of Roxanol brand Liquid Morphine. I've got a couple of questions I'm not totally sure on. First, can it be cooked like K into a powder to be prepared for snorting? Also, can it safely be injected even though it's made for oral consumption? What's a good dose for a non-tolerant person via oral/snorting/injecting? Finally, how long dose tolerance to Morphine last? How many days between each use should I wait if I want to experience the same effects at the same dose each time? Any other information would be appreciated...Thanks :)
[This message has been edited by Alternity (edited 05 March 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Alternity (edited 05 March 2001).]

Yes, morphine sulfate can be "cooked" back into a powder. I'm interested in the dosage also....I had asked a similar question before the other drugs forum crashed.
The medical oral dosage is generally 20mg, if that helps

Before you go cooking this in a tin can or anything is this shit like water or is it a syrup? if its syrupy then you CANNOT cook it, it will turm into crap. if you have some kind of water based morphine solution, with no crap in it to prevent injection or anything, then im sure its perfectly fine to inject it, just make sure it has, morphine, water, possibly a small amount of saline, and NOTHING ELSE. otherwise you may end up shooting all kinds of shit you will regret for a while. there should be a contents list on the bottle, post what it says and ill check it out.
Peace
------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."
My AIM: Thetripdoctor (im always on, Trust me)

dosage:
For moderate to severe pain the optimal intramuscular dosage is considered to be 10 mg per 70 kg body weight every four hours. The typical dose range is from 5 to 20 mg every four hours, depending on the severity of the pain. The oral dose range is between 8 and 20 mg; but with oral administration morphine has substantially less analgesic potency (approximately one-tenth of the effect produced by subcutaneous injection) because it is rapidly destroyed as it passes through the liver immediately after absorption. The intravenous route is employed primarily for severe post-operative pain or in an emergency; in this case the dose range is between 4 and 10 mg, and the analgesic effect ensues almost immediately.
-taken directly from www.lycaeum.org
you should need more than 5 mg injected (iv) your first time. make sure you know what you are doing though, as injecting morphine is can be very dangerous.

Look up the dosage in a patient monograph like on rxlist.com, dont listen to anyone but the monograph.

Look up the patient monograph at a site like rxlist.com and look for dosage.
------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."

Unfortunately, I don't have the bottle. All I know is that it's Roxanol brand. Is anybody familiar with that particular kind? PhreeX? Anybody?

Each mL of RoxanolTM contains:
Morphine Sulfate.......................................................... 20 mg
(WARNING: May be habit forming)
Each 5 mL of Roxanol 100TM contains:
Morphine Sulfate......................................................... 100 mg
Each 2.5 mL of RescudoseTM contains:
Morphine Sulfate........................................................ 10 mg
Each vial of RoxanolTM UD contains:
Morphine Sulfate.............................. 10 mg, 20 mg or 30 mg
(WARNING: May be habit forming).
Chemically, Morphine Sulfate is, Morphinan-3,6-diol, 7,8-didehydro-4, 5-epoxy-17-methyl-,(5, 6-)sulfate(2:1)(salt), pentahydrate.
(from rxlist.com)
I believe Rxlist.com always lists all ingriedients...including inactive ingreidients. So it seems that this is just morphine sulfate and water.
There is alot of (medical)info on oral and IM/IV doses.
***What about nasal? from experience, can anyone suggest how much morphine sulfate a person would need....someone who normally requires 30-40mg snorted oxycodone?

Hmmm... Well, before I go and shoot something i'm gonna regret... Does anybody have any first hand experience with shooting Roxanol? Or seen anybody do it without any ill effects?

Rx list says nothing about the other contents nor does the monograph, but if you look on roxane's website it says the shit tastes good to patients, therefore its probably flavored and thats not shootable because of the flavoring, its also brown i believe, making it colored by something (maybe the flavor) as well. thats 2 possible adulterants you dont wanna chance. i dont know of anyone shooting it succesfully, let alone at all, so it mght be possible, maybe not, but there ARE other things in the liquid, so be careful.
------------------

The liquid I got was clear. My friend told me it was Roxanol and it distinctly tasted of an opioid. I looked at Roxane's web site and it said INTRODUCING Tinted-Flavored Roxanol. Does this mean that kind is new or does Roxanol also come in clear? If it isn't Roxanol, are there generic or other brand name types of liquid morphine? What are they? Thanx...

So its clear eh? and it tastes like shit? thats a good sign,if it tastes like morphine. Take a ml or 3 and pour on a small glass place, put on the back of your monitor for a while and see if it crystalizes or if it turns into gunk. If it crystalizes white or slightly off its probably fine, bump some first to make sure. There are probably at LEAST 20 pharmaceutical firms that produce it in this country alone. If you dont have the packaging or cant talk to who you got it from theres no way to tell. Peace
------------------

*bump* Can anybody be so kind as to answer my question about tolerance? Thanx... :)

i was on roxanol for 6 months and if its the same stuff i had its immediate release and if you take about two droppers full (the one that comes with the bottle), it will fuck you up.
no need to cook or bang
i eventually asked to be switched to a pill because i would take a dose and it would hit me so fast id be sitting there with the bottle open and couldnt rememebr if i had just sat down or had already taken it.
two doses (two droppers)had me all kinds of stupid and thats after 3 years of daily pain medicine abuse and then months on morphine. (bad chronic pain problem)
you wont build up a tolerance to morphine that quickly, id say you could most likely do the entire bottle and get the same high over and over until you ran out or close to it.
(you can however quickly become addicted and will feel like shit when you come off)

YOU-CAN-NOT-INJECT-THIS-DRUG .. well, I'm sure you can, but thats fucking stupid!
And no, you can't cook it down - just slam a cap, it tastes good!
For a dose - opioid virgins should stay under 10mg to start with.. opioid tolerence seems to build quicker given the instant-absorbtion of the syrup.. but hey, you couldn't afford to get addicited to this shit!
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

I don't know exactly what brand name it is, but I got my hands on some morphine sulfate, a clear liquid solution, and have been IVing it. 20 mg/mL. I usually take one mL at a time, up to three at once. Yes, tolerance does build. A few days ago, I injected 60 mg and had a good buzz. Today, I did the same and felt like I would have to do 20 more mg or so extra to get the same feeling.
Orally, I recommend 40 mg for a good buzz, but as someone else said, you're wasting good drugs by taking it that way.
Anyways, the stuff makes you itch like hell, it makes you really warm too, I was sweating walking around in a t-shirt and pants in 50 degree weather, and the other day I ended up puking anything I ate the entire day, eventually ended up puking up blood. Scared the shit out of me, but I was on a few other drugs at the same time.
YOU-CAN-NOT-INJECT-THIS-DRUG
?? why not? It's the best way to take it, in my opinion. An oral 40 mg dose is pleasant, but IVing lasts a long time. on 60mg IV, I was still woozy 12 hours later. In fact, I took 60 mg today about 16 hours ago, and I still feel pretty good.
Also, watch out for withdrawal. My friend got withdrawal, a huge headache and body aches, from only taking 40 mg orally once. Personally, I've been doing shitloads of the stuff, and when I didn't do any yesterday, I didn't experience any negative effects, so I guess it just depends on your individual chemistry.
Watch your dosage. If you IV, start with 10 mg. If you take it orally, try 20-40.

Phreex wasnt refering to the molecule, you CAN inject morphine, he was refering to the specific formulation in question, which has more than just morphine and saline in it, possibly flavors and all kinds of non injectables. So that still stands you CANNOT inject certain morphine solutions, a good recomendation would be not to inject it if its for oral use. If its for injection or you KNOW its morphine and saline alone, it may be fine, but make SURE.
Peace
------------------

Phreex, I'm not sure, but I think you misinterpereted this. The "Tinted-Flavored Roxanol" was something Alternity saw on a website, not what he has accquired. I believe that Roxanol makes an oral morphine solution that is neither tinted nor flavored.
I myself have had an oral liquid morphine solution that was JUST morphine Hcl and water, but i forget the brand.
While you cannot be sure without the packaging, the fact that it is not a syrup, it is not tinted, and lacks a flavoring seems to me to indicate that you have a regular solution of morphine. And I believe that such a solution can be injected, but I'm not 100% sure....phreex?