Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Lost the Magic (2C-B + MDMA?)

Zalo

Bluelighter
Hey Bluelight,

On Saturday I did MDMA for the 5th time, but it seemed like the magic was gone. Last time I rolled was in February and the magic was still there at the time. I rolled on pure MDMA, I used a test kit and my friend tried 100mg before I did it, so I'm wondering if the novelty of it just vanished.

I gave all my friends 120mg regardless of weight and they were all rolling hard. They had that "look". While I was on 120mg, re-dosed 50mg an hour after dropping the 120 since it wasn't really doing the trick, but I had no magic. I'm 72kg, had an empty stomach at the time, so that should've been plenty. I was floored and I was rolling balls. I've never felt that high before, but the magic was gone. It turned into a social drug rather than a "get lost in the music" drug, which I absolutely loved.

Perhaps my failed plan on candy flipping that night, because I couldn't find LSD, lead to a rather disappointed mind set which altered my overall experience. I haven't candy flipped before and I was really looking forward to it.

According to Folley using 2C-B and MDMA brings the magic back, but I'm not sure about the neurotoxic effects of 2C-B, and of 2C-B with MDMA.

It's unfortunate that the magic left on only my 5th drop while a friend of mine does it way more than I do (an unhealthy amount) and he still feels it. Any tips on bringing the magic back, or is that it for me?

Thank you.

I really cant see how taking MDMA for the 5th time will have lost the magic for you.

I also cant see how taking 2CB in combo with MDMA is going to bring the magic back. A different experience for sure but the 2CB certainly isnt going to replace anything.

Sounds more like placebo to me.

I have personally taken over 500 doses of MDMA and although suffering from long term comedown and anxiety never really experienced a loss of magic.

The loss of magic I think is a much more long term thing with constant abuse, long term abuse or high dose abuse.

Perhaps try upping the dose a little to 150mG and see how you go.

Alternatively try a long break 6 months or so and you should be back to where you started.

i've rolled about 30+ times in the last 5-6 months, 100mg-200mg doses (Irresponsible, i know) and have never lost the magic once. Maybe it depends on how clean the MDMA is? Although, I admit at times it's not as intense as it used to be but still none the less fun. I thought I lost the magic a couple weeks ago after rolling so many times but I waited around a month and took a 200mg dosage and rolled so hard all I couldn't even communicate with my friends. I'm not 100% sure on how MDMA works once ingested but taking more drugs with it doesn't sound like a good idea. Just try waiting for a couple months, take some supplements like 5-htp

I also cant see how taking 2CB in combo with MDMA is going to bring the magic back. A different experience for sure but the 2CB certainly isnt going to replace anything.

Sounds more like placebo to me.

Why?

From ecstasy.org:
2CB revitalised my ecstasy experience

I have been using ecstasy for about 4 years now, and like so many others, I have never had that wonderful fresh experience for the last three years. I used to blame it on the quality of the pills, but then I talked to new people on the scene who did manage to have the most wonderful experiences, and they had taken exactly the same as I had. So I had to admit that it was something to do with me, and told myself that I had damaged myself and would never be able to feel that true ecstasy bliss again.

Then I made a chance discovery. I had only one E left which I knew it was too weak to do much on its own. But I also had some 2CB tablets, those very small white ones (sold as a treatment for male impotence!) which are 5mg each. So I decided to boost the low dose E with 10mg 2CB.

The result was incredible! It really was just like I remember from the good old days. As good as my very first E trip!

I spread the news among my friends, since 2CB is not hard to get here, and they all reported the same.

South African man

http://ecstasy.org/experiences/trip62.html

2CB with MDMA is a popular combination among home users in the USA. The 2CB is taken towards the end of an MDMA trip. As it takes over from the MDMA, the experience is subtly changed towards a more intellectual viewpoint from which some people find it easier to assimilate any insights gained. 2CB also has the reputation of providing the erotic component usually suppressed by Ecstasy. Some people also report that 5 to 10mg of 2CB with low to normal dose of MDMA will bring back the 'first time' buzz of ecstasy to long term users.

http://ecstasy.org/info/combinations.html

It seems near impossible to me that you could have "lost" the "magic", though. 5 uses is nothing in reality, and 120mg isn't a whole lot either. It seems you simply dosed too low, and I kind of doubt your MDMA was 100% pure so there's a large chance you didn't even take 120mg!

Low doses of 2C-B should do little to increase neurotoxicity, though.

I really look forward to this specific combo. 2cb is a bit hard to come by atm but I should be getting my hands on some soon..

Mmmmm. 2C-B produces some lovely euporia on it's own, I think that's what's going on with this combo...never tried it, but I certainly would give it a bash!

Why?

From ecstasy.org:

The loss of magic would infur some type of down regulation. Taking 2CB isnt going to fix that.

The quotes you have added are just user reports of people feeling the effects of 2CB it demonstrates nothing about bringing back the magic from mdma. Sure if you take 2CB with mdma its gonna make you more fucked up as reported but im not convinced about improving the down regulation from mdma.

Besides the op has only taken 5 tabs or doses I dont think down regulation / loss of magic is the issue here its either crappy mdma / too low a dose or placebo.

5 doses isnt going to cause loss of magic even if you took it all at once.

im not convinced about improving the down regulation from mdma.

Neither am I :) It doesn't need to to make up for the theoretical "magic" anyway!

I think it's pretty well known that you gain tolerance to the empathogenic/psychedelic side of MDMA faster than the stimulant side. That's why when you redose, it's a mainly speedy feeling. Taking 2C-B can help bring back the lost effects in people who are only feeling the peripheral effects from MDMA, although of course the most important thing is always going to be making sure you have good product and are taking long enough breaks.

The MDMA was clean. Marquis, Mandelin, Mecke, and Simon's tested.

The come-up was the strangest one I've ever experienced, however. After about half an hour after dropping I felt high, but it was more of an emotional high where I felt more confident, friendly, and just more empathetic. After an hour it 'actually' kicked in. It's like it went from 0% high, to 50%, then 100% when it usually feels like 0% to about 10%, then a straight shot to 100%. I'm not sure if these numbers mean anything, but it's the only way I can explain it without a graph.

Now that I think about it perhaps it was cut with something just to add weight. I, 72kg, took 120mg and it didn't give me the 'magic', and my friend, 100kg, also took 120mg and felt the same effects I did, or at least it seemed like it. A girl friend of mine, 48kg, took 80mg (this was her first time) and she didn't get high, she only had a slight buzz which she referred to as a 'weed high'.

Sounds like it could be weak product.

Particularly if you all experienced the same dissapointing results.

Yes, I'm beginning to come to that conclusion. Strangely though I did say that I've never rolled that hard before, which was true minus the magic. I WAS floored. Perhaps it was cut with an MDxx substance such as MDEA?

As folley said MDEA is quite unusual these days unlikely to be that.

Perhaps a cut that the reagents didnt detect? maybe a piperazine.

Did you look at the reactions carefully did it go to an instant purple? any fizz?

Very difficult to tell we can only speculate. Try a different batch and work from there.

It went straight to deep purple. I watch the colour change very carefully. All the tests were positive with MDxx, and xxMA, with seemingly no adulterants.

This is the also the first time where I'm experiencing a more pronounced blues, and had no afterglow the following day after use. I've used 5 times in a time span of 8 months, mostly evenly spaced apart, but perhaps it's starting to catch up. I can't seem to enjoy anything, I'm slightly depressed, and am more prone to anxiety. It seems to be minor, however; I give it a week at most. The fact that I experienced no 'magic', and am now experiencing the blues makes it seem like MDMA isn't worth it. I think I'm going to space my rolls to every 3-4 months and turn my attention more towards LSD.

Not every E roll is the same, they're not all gonna give you an amazing feeling every time. Sometimes I just feel contemplative and chilled.

I don't think you should have lost your magic yet, for me it took a good two week binge with like 5+ grams of m to lose it, and then after doing it maybe once or twice in a year or so alot of the magic came back.
It definitely wasn't like the first time, but I am much more experienced with drugs in general since that point.
At some point though, once you're used to the high, it won't quite be the same as when you first began using, I'm finding much the same with psychedelics.
However it could also just be bad product, when I do shitty MDMA I get more stimulation than euphoria, but very strong pure stuff brings most of the euphoria back.

In regards to 2c-b I don't know it to be neurotoxic, and even though 2c-b and MDMA both act mostly on serotonin, I don't think it should be an issue, definitely not if you try to binge on the combo.

my failed plan on candy flipping that night, because I couldn't find LSD, lead to a rather disappointed mind set which altered my overall experience. I haven't candy flipped before and I was really looking forward to it.
^This.

MDMA is a mindset drug... If you don't want to enjoy the experience, you won't. If you want to, you will. Deep down you were obviously bummed no LSD therefore you didn't want to have a good time subconsciously.
The fact that I experienced no 'magic', and am now experiencing the blues makes it seem like MDMA isn't worth it.
Maybe you're just bummed you had a shitty time on a chemical that your used to having an AWESOME time...

Watch out for that LSD too bro. Nowadays people are putting DOB, DOI, 25-NOMBe or whatever the fuck it's called, read reports kids are dropping like flies from the stuff alone, imagine the nasty effects if it was mixed with some MDMA...

Last edited:
^This.

MDMA is a mindset drug... If you don't want to enjoy the experience, you won't. If you want to, you will. Deep down you were obviously bummed no LSD therefore you didn't want to have a good time subconsciously.
Maybe you're just bummed you had a shitty time on a chemical that your used to having an AWESOME time...

Watch out for that LSD too bro. Nowadays people are putting DOB, DOI, 25-NOMBe or whatever the fuck it's called, read reports kids are dropping like flies from the stuff alone, imagine the nasty effects if it was mixed with some MDMA...

I feel like this is some what true. Although you should not have lost the magic that fast. I think your dose was too low. You have rolled a few times in the past few months already, so your tolerance is getting higher now. That 120mg that worked for you when you first started is just not enough anymore i think. I would suggest bumping your dose up to 150mg or maybe 175mg for good measure. I still think 1 month just isn't not long enough for your brain to recover. 1 month might work for a while, but eventually that will catch up with you if your rollin every month. I would suggest you try waiting 2 or 3 months if you can. Then dose the 150mg or 175mg if your feelin' heroic. That should do the trick man.

2c-b is not neurotoxic by the way. It does not work in the same manner as mdma. It's still a hell of a great substance though. More erotic but less "lovey" than mdma for me.

I would be skeptical of drawing conclusions based on a single dissapointing experience. Qualitatively there is a lot of variability of the experience with these drugs. Set, setting, and chance may have just as much impact as dose. I would start to be worried if you took it several more times and still couldn't get a satisfactory reaction.

I really cant see how taking MDMA for the 5th time will have lost the magic for you.

The loss of magic I think is a much more long term thing with constant abuse, long term abuse or high dose abuse.

Perhaps try upping the dose a little to 150mG and see how you go.

Alternatively try a long break 6 months or so and you should be back to where you started.

no way. some people are affected by loss of magic without any abuse. doing mdma 10 times spaced with at very least 2 months breaks in 4-5 years did it for me. i never abused it and it's not tolerance. mdma still gets me high, but the euphoria isn't half of what it used to be for the first 10 times and the special sparkle/feeling is missing completely. mdma is almost like a completely different drug now (and it's also not quality of the product, it's all lab tested). for some people the magic just doesn't last very long.

i've did breaks of over two years and also tried taking a higher dose and took it while in different mindsets, but no magic to be seen.

I'll be getting a new batch and will be downing it in August, so I'll let you guys know if the magic is gone for me, or if it was the batch that I had.