• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

After having a bad day today, I decided to make it worse by searching for newly released papers on MDMA damage and found one:

In general it tells the same story as the others: Yeah damage occurs, recovery is possible, but it takes a looooong time.
New info this time around: our brains might actually get bigger to compensate and recovery in the neocortex of primates is possible, which I had only seen in rats so far.

Happy recovery fellow sufferers
Honestly these studies annoy the crap out of me. Look at the dose and schedule they're using to induce damage, it's completely insane

The experimental design is illustrated in Figure 1. Nine monkeys (Macaca cyclopis) were used in this study: control, MDMA (5 mg/kg, twice a day for four consecutive days)

5mg/kg! FIVE! TWICE PER DAY
That's like you or me taking 400-600 mg twice per day (all at once) and I didn't see the ROA but I bet they injected it. Please excuse my language but what the fuck

Yes I understand that this is frightening. My dosage was even above, what the monkeys got.
Still I find scientific research more constructive than wild speculations.
I am sure many of the people around here have no physical damage at all.
But some like me where it takes a couple of years to get better probably have, and it comforts me that recovery is possible even in those cases.

All the best

Hey everyone. New to this forum. After doing molly for about a year (sometimes back to back weekends and other times months apart), I started to really gradually develop social anxiety. I had awful brain fog and memory/cognitive problems from the time I stopped rolling (about 5 years ago). Those symptoms have greatly improved although I wouldn't say I returned to my baseline. The social anxiety, however, started off really slow than gradually got worse over the years which I find a bit strange. I have been seeing a therapist for awhile now and I am finally starting to see some relief for it. It meant re-arranging almost all of my social life (realizing that the friends I had before weren't really the friends I needed to have in my life- in that way, the social anxiety actually seemed quite adaptive).

Anyway, I'm just curious to hear other peoples experiences with social anxiety after molly use?

Also, I keep reading about the connection with the HPA axis but I haven't seen many suggestions on how to fix this. Is there a way?

Yes I understand that this is frightening. My dosage was even above, what the monkeys got.
Still I find scientific research more constructive than wild speculations.
I am sure many of the people around here have no physical damage at all.
But some like me where it takes a couple of years to get better probably have, and it comforts me that recovery is possible even in those cases.

All the best
You were taking 500+mg in a single dose multiple tines per day for multiple days in a row? Had you developed a dependence on MDMA?

Last edited:
You were taking 500+mg in a single dose multiple tines per day? Had you developed a dependence on MDMA?
I was absolutely insane at the time. I had run out of all my other drugs that I was indulging in at the time, but had a big crystal of MDMA around so I just took it. It was at least 10 grams over a span of 2 weeks. I knew it was bad, but said to myself "ohh well if you notice anything bad, just stop". Well I didn't notice anything bad until it was too late :frustrated: Needless to say that this was the dumbest decision of my life. I had done molly occasionally 10 times or so spread out over many years as it wasn't really my thing.

Anyway, I'm just curious to hear other peoples experiences with social anxiety after molly use?
Yeah when one is mentally retarted it is no fun for everyone involved so I kept to myself until I was capable of formulating proper sentences and remeber what was said a minute ago. Nowadays I just talk to people on purpose to train the trade.

suggestions on how to fix this. Is there a way?
In this thread you'll find a lot of useful tips. For me it is everything that boosts BDNF: workout in the sun, living healthy and stress free. Food and supplements: Magnesium, rhodiola extract, dark chocolate, lettuce,...

5-htp once was essential for me to get over the day, but I found that by now I do better without it as my body produces enough serotonin.

Hey everyone,

So I just discovered this forum a month ago. Read a lot of the threads and started taking lions mane, magnesium, vitamin b12, b6 and vitamin c, and I try to keep a clean diet and try to work out as much as I can.

My main question is does anyone have serious continuous stress and anxiety that makes you feel like my head is gonna explode accompanied with headaches.

Also, I’m having serious issues with decision making. As soon as I need to make a serious decision my brain is like: ‘no no no’ and shuts off or causes more anxiety loops and basically does not work when needed (any outside the box thinking doesn’t work at all)
Brain fog is a real b when u need to use your brain.

I’m on my 7th month of ltc and this came at a really rough time for me financially as I racked up some debt and that’s causing my anxiety to run non stop.

I guess my question is, has anybody been in a similar situation and had success and recovering and feeling better or “normal” after?

Also, to those who had success with SSRI’s, does the mental clarity return or it is just the anxiety that clears away.

Hey everyone. New to this forum. After doing molly for about a year (sometimes back to back weekends and other times months apart), I started to really gradually develop social anxiety. I had awful brain fog and memory/cognitive problems from the time I stopped rolling (about 5 years ago). Those symptoms have greatly improved although I wouldn't say I returned to my baseline. The social anxiety, however, started off really slow than gradually got worse over the years which I find a bit strange. I have been seeing a therapist for awhile now and I am finally starting to see some relief for it. It meant re-arranging almost all of my social life (realizing that the friends I had before weren't really the friends I needed to have in my life- in that way, the social anxiety actually seemed quite adaptive).

Also, I keep reading about the connection with the HPA axis but I haven't seen many suggestions on how to fix this. Is there a way?

For the HPA axis, first you can test pregnenolone, cortisol, DHEA-S, and Testosterone+Estradiol levels. Oral Pregnenolone can also help brain fog if levels are low.

Its possible that your social anxiety is created by low Testosterone, it's a common symptom. Even low-normal levels like 400 ng/dL can create some social anxiety. In this case, TRT (+- HCG) would be a potential solution. Its pretty expensive though and your standard doctor endo probably won't be helpful but there are special hormone clinics out there. And MDMA use can definitely lower T levels by HPA dysfunction.

There are also supplements for the HPA axis like rhodiola, saffron (I would not use Ashwagandha as it can induce anhedonia which is more brutal than most LTCs)

If the new med Zuranolone gets approved (we find out next week), I think it also has potential to cure the LTC. Its a novel neurosteroid therapy and neurosteroids are probably affected in LTC too.

Hi All - has anyone tried prednisone to treat LTC?

I tried Hydrocortisone back in my LTC years ago. It was very random. Sometimes essentially I'd temporarily recover for the day, other times my mood would get lower for the day.

Prednisone is quite a bit stronger, and riskier. Either way exogenous corticosteroids aren't a long term solutiyon because they themselves can cause depression/anxiety.

What symptoms do you have by the way? Any anhedonia/lack of emotion or are you primarily just having anxiety and low mood issues and maybe DP?

Have you tried just pregnenolone yet or measured the levels? Or measured HPA axis function at all?

TRT/HCG is another thing to look into if your T levels are low/low-normal.

I was cleaning out my Google password manager and saw my old login for bluelight. It has been over 11 years since my fun little run in with a LTC.

For those in the middle of it and feeling hopeless - it gets better. Keep your heads up and try to stay off the internet obsessing.

I was delaying this post because I wanted to wait a couple more months to be 100% sure, but no, it’s finally time to put this to bed.

**I recovered completely in the space of 4 weeks using paroxetine 10mg (USA brand name Paxil)**

Last year February if I recall correctly a user on here called @district9 advised me to try paxil. I kept putting it off and bad advice on this forum was partly to blame. “SSRIs are bad, nonono don’t use those, just exercise and take vitamins!”.

Nothing worked. To this day I have a cupboard full of vitamin pills, nootropics, magnesium in almost all forms, collected over 1.5 years and other silly shit that never worked.

The Process

Anyway, let me just give a quick log of what happened. I called my GP explaining my persisting symptoms over the course of the last 1.5 years, and he recommends therapy, CBT in particular. I tell him I’ve got that in the pipeline but I’d like to finally give psychotropic medication a try.

I ask specifically for Paroxetine. 2 reasons: District9’s recommendation & this one in particular is very effective for anxiety conditions. He gave me a prescription of 20 mg pills for a week and told me to report back to him for a longer prescription.
I broke the 20mg pills in half and took 10mg daily for 2 weeks.

By day 3 my anxiety had completely (& I mean completely) subsided. No this was not a placebo effect if any stupid fucker even tries to remotely suggest that.
By end of week 1 I was feeling more energetic, light on my feet, happy.

End of week 2 - catch up with doctor: I report the positive results and puts me on a 2 week prescription of 20mg. I once again break them in half to 10mg and carry on for another 4 weeks.

I tried 20mg but I preferred 10mg personally. I explain this and more at the bottom of the post.

It’s been over 6 weeks now and I’ve never felt better. The medication has truly given me my life back. I would express more emotion here if I could but I can only vaguely remember how bad I was suffering before.

Make your best judgement and at least give it a try. If it doesn’t work try a different SSRI. I think the right one could resolve this issue.

My humble opinion on what I think the LTC is

I say humble because I’m not here to push a viewpoint on something that I think works and completely disregard and insult the opinions of those that it hasn’t worked for, like some idiots on this forum do. Im just speculating, as we all are.

My best guess, based on the 20+ visits to a psych I’ve done and the countless research and symptom analysis over the course of 1.5 years, is that something about the serotonin transport system is malfunctioning. It is most certainly not a mere psychological problem in which eating your greens and thinking positively will solve.

I do not want to plaster this post with articles and reasoning that may induce anxiety in readers so I’ll keep it was short as that. The why isn’t important to us, only recovery is (because we are not medical professionals who can ascertain a solution by knowing precisely what’s wrong anyway).

I can make a separate post later if I even bother coming back here again.

Tips for using Paroxetine

Dosing: find the right dose for you. I’d say start on 10mg and titrate to higher doses if you and your doctor feel you need to.

Side effects: of all the SSRIs, this one is by far the most sedating. Take it at night, not in the morning. You don’t want to start dozing off at work.

Stopping the med: there’s a chance if you suddenly stop using it you’ll get some unpleasant symptoms, so taper it off slowly if you want to quit, don’t go cold turkey.

Final comments

Try it, don’t try it, tell me my advice is good, bad, I couldn’t give less of a shit. It’s worked for me and I’ve done my due diligence by making a post informing you all.

God speed.
I'm really glad my advise worked for you. This makes my day! Hell it makes my month. I am so happy I was able to help someone out. Yay!!!! :)

I don't mean to agitate anyone, but I NEVER have any problems from MDMA whatsoever. I don't take it too often...go low and slow (maybe 150-170 mg total.....I weigh 215) and use some Benzos at the end to sleep. You guys do know, you can't take MDMA very often....right? I am also on Buspar, so that may help.

Also, I eat a perfect diet, work out 5-6 days a week and sleep 8 hours almost every night. I also take a multi vitamin supplement every day and take extra magnesium if taking MDMA (also eat some cashews).

I don't mean to agitate anyone, but I NEVER have any problems from MDMA whatsoever. I don't take it too often...go low and slow (maybe 150-170 mg total.....I weigh 215) and use some Benzos at the end to sleep. You guys do know, you can't take MDMA very often....right? I am also on Buspar, so that may help.

Also, I eat a perfect diet, work out 5-6 days a week and sleep 8 hours almost every night. I also take a multi vitamin supplement every day and take extra magnesium if taking MDMA (also eat some cashews).
You're commenting in a thread for MDMA recovery to say.... that you dose responsibly and never have problems? and eat cashews? :cheer:

You're commenting in a thread for MDMA recovery to say.... that you dose responsibly and never have problems? and eat cashews? :cheer:
Yes, LOL. Cashews are high in magnesium. My point is that the drug can be used very safely. I do not wish to minimize any suffering but hopefully lay out a way for people to not get in trouble. Some will say that MDMA should only be taken every 3 months.

I truly am sorry if anyone is suffering long term problems, I don't mean to be callous.

OK...I read some of the posts and wow....some people are really going through a hard time. However I really do think that the things I do can help. Obviously the first is to go low and slow while dosing and doing it infrequently. Second, living a fanatical fitness lifestyle (diet, training, etc.) goes a long way. MDMA depletes Magnesium so supplement and yes eat magnesium rich foods like cashews
Also....Buspar is a WONDER drug. I was on anti depressant and they did NOTHING for me except cause seizures. Buspar has comletely changed my life and is an AMAZING anti anxiety. I also take Tegretol and Seroquel, they may or may not help but I never have any problems. At the end of an MDMA roll (I am always conservative with my amount) I will use valium....a good 25 milligrams grams that knocks me out and I sleep great and the next day have absolutely no depression or anything.

Again I am not trying to minimize anyone's suffering, holy snit it is bad from what I have read. I truly hope I can be helpful and apologize if I hav offended anyone, as this is a really nice forum full of good people. Namaste.

I cannot express my relief, compassion and renewed spirit since finding this forum. I’ve been struggling with LTC for about 18 months now (only just finding out what this condition is).

I knew that MDMA had caused the onset of all these issues I had been experiencing but I was never able to find out the correlation between my lived experience and the drug, until now. Here is my story, I hope it helps others feel less alone and sparks conversation.

I thought for the last year and a half that I was totally alone, slowly going mad and convinced that I might one day totally lose my mind or my life suddenly. I’ve personally struggled HARD with the derealisation and depersonalisation aspect of this. Most days I would have periods of time, sometimes lasting hours, where I felt like nothing I looked at was real, or that even I was real.

The panic attacks and constant anxiety have also been tough, combined they have ensured that I live almost exclusively in my head, trying to always calm myself down and reassure myself that this too shall pass, that I am not going to die and that everything around me is real as can be.

I cannot express just how grateful I am to find this community. To know that I am not alone and that I am not going insane.

I have had good and bad days but after finding this I know I can overcome it now. I was slowly recovering but then recently relapsed after a night of heavy drinking (a mistake I won’t make again). But I know that this is recoverable.

I wish all of you the best of luck and all the support in the world.

Hello all, so I have read many post here and then I come to seek some information.

I took some ecstasy 3 weeks ago, and since then I experience what people call hypnic jerk/spasmes when I get to sleep. It is shortening my night and gets me anxious, it is the first thing I think of when I open my eyes in the morning, and prevent me of having full night of recover. If I'm tired I currently mannaged to sleep but in the morning, when I have the night behind me, I can't go back to sleep.
I read that some people had these symptoms but I can't know if they healed, my question is how they are feeling today ? Will these muscle jerk will eventually pass ? How much time I would exept if so ? Beside this and a headache, I'm in a relatively good health, I'm doing sport 6/7 days, eat healthy, in a good shape.
Thx for all
Hoping I’m not too late to reply, hopefully your hypnic jerks have disappeared or recovered by now. I used to experience these jerks EVERY single night right before falling asleep and they were terrifying.

I don’t have an exact solution to getting over them (I still get them every now and then but not nearly as often as before). I notice that they seem to clear up at the same time as all the other symptoms, so taking care of your physical and mental health, supplementing with vitamins and minerals (magnesium has been spoken about a lot on this forum but it’s an incredible mineral for sleep health), exercising regularly, eating a healthy diet, staying away from environmental or social stressors, etc.

Hello. 15trees here, and just wanted to post my personal story with LTC to hopefully help others looking for someone currently going through it.

I rolled in June 24th 2023. I took one pressed pill and two Mollys. MASSIVE dose. Idk what I was thinking, was totally in the moment and was drinking heavy that night too having drug fueled sex. I blacked out.

The next night I got 3 hours of sleep and got ready for the “crappy feeling” that comes with partying. I noticed that when I tried napping I would get this intense surge of adrenaline and a brain zap when I was trying to sleep. It was really bad. The brain zaps continued for almost a week and I had really bad vertigo days following my drug use.

For weeks, I had nonstop anxiety 24/7. From the moment I woke up till I went to bad. Sometimes preventing me from getting sleep as I’m trying to wind down I have a sense of “losing control” and have a panic attack feeling.

About late August I started having really bad tinnitus but that has settled down now. Very interesting how it started months after.

Either way living with this anxiety has been hell and for a period of time there I had become suicidal.

So, where am I today? The 24/7 anxiety is no longer there. It still lingers but it’s not how it was. The only real thing I’m still dealing with is panic attacks when I’m trying to fall asleep as when I get relaxed I feel my heart drop and my heart starts racing making it hard to sleep. I get by by taking Hydroxizine to sleep but it’s important to note that this “panicky” feeling right before bed just started up again. I was dealing with it, then it stopped. For a few. Weeks where I was just knocking out, then came back again.

All in all, I am improving since this whole mess started but still not normal. It’s been around 3 months but I’m considering going to the doctor to ask about SSRIS to see if that can help with my anxiety right before sleep. I’ve been sober since this whole ordeal and noticed that if I even drink a little bit my symptoms come back full force.

As I’m typing this I feel normal, no anxiety and I wasn’t able to say that just a few months ago so there’s that.. stay strong y’all and stay sober to let the brain recover and remember to learn the lessons his experience has taught you.

Hello, I'm writing here today for the reason that many of you have anecdotal experiences regarding trials of many or all of the available antidepressants in respect to type and effect.
For many years now (since 2015) I have had cognitive deficits (memory, executive function, general cognition, work memory, issues)as a result of MDMA Abuse(one time, high dose), and/or Depression.Basically, I feel like atleast 25-30 % of my brain has been hijacked ever since.

My question is:
Which antidepressant / other drugs / combination of drugs is/are most likely to improve the functioning of my brain?
I have no intention of becoming a zombified blob that eats/sleeps and cares to do little else. I do not care about feeling less depressed if this comes at the expense of general cognitive function, I have no issues with anxiety, sleep, paranoia or any other problems ASIDE from what I have described above.
After researching a bit on my own, I have read that there are antidepressants that can help with cognition although having no measurable effect on percieved depression.
I'm forever grateful to those of you bearing through reading my post, giving advice.

Thank you,
lotusxmw