• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mental problems from Ketamine

BeaverBam

Bluelighter
So years ago I was given Ketamine and put it in my drink, I was told that it’s not normal ketamine and your not even really supposed to touch it because, It causes stinging of the skin so it’s definitely not just normal ketamine. I put a little bit in my drink and it fucked me up in the head for about 5-6 months horribly, it wasn’t enjoyable at all. I thought I was dying and was having horrible panic attacks. I still have problems years later. The sellers of this also confirmed that it lasts a very long time and is some terrible stuff, so I know I wasn’t the only ones with these side effects. What could cause that to happen, or was it even ketamine? What could it possibly have been mixed with because i’ve ever heard any other stories like that. When I drank it, it made me incredibly thirsty, I drank gallon after gallon of water. I couldn’t control what I thought about, my brain and heart was racing, it was fucking terrible. And like I said, it lasted for months and months. Idk if anyone can help me figure out what that was or what it was mixed with but, i figured it was worth a shot to see if anyone on here knows anything about that.

Last edited:
That doesn't sound like ketamine at all. I've never known it to cause thirst, much less long-term symptoms from a single use. Can you explain a bit more about how it made you feel? Info like how/if your sight was distorted at all, what sorts of things you might've seen whenever you closed your eyes, etc. would also help.

I've read that some people can (rarely) have long term effects from a single psychedelic trip. I've also definitely felt thirst and panic on psychedelics before. Maybe it was something along those lines? The stinging skin on contact thing is really baffling to me though, never heard of something like that before.

none of what you describe are effects of ketamine. please don't get drugs from such sketchy people. there is no world where ketamine, or really any reasonable recreational drug creates such effects.

Sounds alot more like PCP
kinda, but even pcp is not a "caustic stinging" liquid, nor does it cause mass dehydration, nor do the effects last six months, tbh, it sounds like someone maliciously packaged up some genuinely poisonous liquid and sold it as ket

Does not sound like ketamine, but it could've been anything honestly. There will never be a way to tell. And generally speaking, a single dose of a psychoactive drug will not effect you for months and months after. The only thing I could think of is that this incident was somehow traumatic for you, or triggered some other type of mental health symptoms over the long term, possibly an underlying condition, or even simply due to the power of suggestion and placebo.

It'd definitely be a good idea to speak with a professional about it, maybe they'd be able to help you sort your feelings out regarding this.

That doesn't sound like ketamine at all. I've never known it to cause thirst, much less long-term symptoms from a single use. Can you explain a bit more about how it made you feel? Info like how/if your sight was distorted at all, what sorts of things you might've seen whenever you closed your eyes, etc. would also help.

I've read that some people can (rarely) have long term effects from a single psychedelic trip. I've also definitely felt thirst and panic on psychedelics before. Maybe it was something along those lines? The stinging skin on contact thing is really baffling to me though, never heard of something like that before.
I was zoning out very bad and losing control of my mind, It definitely felt like a dissociative of some kind, it’s hard to explain. Like the lights are on and nobody is home kind of feeling. My brain was thinking of things I couldn’t control, it was terrible. I was having a massive panic attack and was dripping sweat. I couldn’t understand why it was lasting for so long, I was right on the verge of calling 911 or committing suicide because it was so terrible. Like a pure PCP mixed with LSD or something. Idk but it’s incredibly strong.

kinda, but even pcp is not a "caustic stinging" liquid, nor does it cause mass dehydration, nor do the effects last six months, tbh, it sounds like someone maliciously packaged up some genuinely poisonous liquid and sold it as ket
It wasn’t a liquid it was a powder or little shards that look like glitter. I put that in my drink.

Yeah the “ketamine” was made maliciously. It wasn’t a liquid it was a powder kind of or little pieces of glitter it looked odd. I put that in my drink. I think it was PCP and LSD mixed. Idk but I know other people that have tried it and had the same effects. It’s terrible. My life is still not the same.

Does not sound like ketamine, but it could've been anything honestly. There will never be a way to tell. And generally speaking, a single dose of a psychoactive drug will not effect you for months and months after. The only thing I could think of is that this incident was somehow traumatic for you, or triggered some other type of mental health symptoms over the long term, possibly an underlying condition, or even simply due to the power of suggestion and placebo.

It'd definitely be a good idea to speak with a professional about it, maybe they'd be able to help you sort your feelings out regarding this.
Yeah I still go to therapy because of that. I just don’t understand how something could be so strong.

Yeah... Doesn't sound like ketamine. The after effects of Ketamine usaully have an Antidepressant effect. Which last a week or two. The effects of ketamine only last a few hours. So, I have no idea what you where given.

Could have been mdma for all you know, you can't descibe what it looked like if it was dry/wet/granule size/colour/taste or was it a liquid etc....

Something badly acetone washed also at a guess which can cause stinging maybe a RC.

Edit: If you laugh that it wasn't mdma, I do remember people posting here about badly synthesized mdma years ago when the mdma drought was about 2012-2014 iirc

Edit2: or it could be a drug which is mimicking mdma which has been acetone washed like pma, pmma
read that thread, the posts before and after that one, about the pma containg pills, which could have been crushed up and acetone washed, known to make you sweat like a pig.
The pma, pmaa pills were about 2010 already. Pma is apparently water soluble at a certain temperature...

When was years ago?

If it was a liquid, then pcp maybe but it wouldn't explain the sweating afaik maybe badly synthesized lsd analogue.
Lsd makes that your body can't regulate its temperature.

Last edited:
Could have been mdma for all you know, you can't descibe what it looked like if it was dry/wet/granule size/colour/taste or was it a liquid etc....

Something badly acetone washed also at a guess which can cause stinging maybe a RC.

Edit: If you laugh that it wasn't mdma, I do remember people posting here about badly synthesized mdma years ago when the mdma drought was about 2012-2014 iirc

Edit2: or it could be a drug which is mimicking mdma which has been acetone washed like pma, pmma
read that thread, the posts before and after that one, about the pma containg pills, which could have been crushed up and acetone washed, known to make you sweat like a pig.
The pma, pmaa pills were about 2010 already. Pma is apparently water soluble at a certain temperature...

When was years ago?

If it was a liquid, then pcp maybe but it wouldn't explain the sweating afaik maybe badly synthesized lsd analogue.
Lsd makes that your body can't regulate its temperature.
It’s not a liquid, I’m saying I put it in my drink. It’s a little shards/powder that looks like glitter a little bit.

It’s not a liquid, I’m saying I put it in my drink. It’s a little shards/powder that looks like glitter a little bit.
shit ok, now you got me thinking - what if you were given LSD crystal. i mean, THAT would produce effects that last an incredibly long time, and would be traumatizing and fuck you up for months. trouble w that is - lsd crystal is expensive, and not typically what someone would use as a prank or pruposeful malicious burn.

You could have put a liquid in a drink as well,to take away the stinging effect...

This almost doesn't sound like a drug at all, but I want to point out that it's impossible to know how bad the damage this thing might have done to your brain and nervous system.

Hyperpyrexia (very high temperatures) or hyponatremia (overhydration) could cause permanent damage to your body even after the substance has left your system. It could also have been something corrosive or caustic.

Can you explain what other long term effects you've felt? How long did the effects of the drug itself last? Did it get weaker over time? How much and how fast, etc?

This almost doesn't sound like a drug at all, but I want to point out that it's impossible to know how bad the damage this thing might have done to your brain and nervous system.

Hyperpyrexia (very high temperatures) or hyponatremia (overhydration) could cause permanent damage to your body even after the substance has left your system. It could also have been something corrosive or caustic.

Can you explain what other long term effects you've felt? How long did the effects of the drug itself last? Did it get weaker over time? How much and how fast, etc?
yeah you’re right it’s very possible, Yeah i definitely 100% think I have over hydrated causing damage to my brain. I literally drank 10-20 gallons of water. It was unreal. The effects lasted around 5-7 months. The first 3-4 months was unbearable. It was a constant feeling like i was dying and massive panic attacks. I started to think it wasn’t ever going to end. Yeah over time I slowly got a little bit better thank god. It took about a year before I was able to function again. This happened about 4 years ago and I still have some issues. I put about half a gram in my drink. It started to kick in about 30 minutes and really kicked in after 2-3 weeks.

shit ok, now you got me thinking - what if you were given LSD crystal. i mean, THAT would produce effects that last an incredibly long time, and would be traumatizing and fuck you up for months. trouble w that is - lsd crystal is expensive, and not typically what someone would use as a prank or pruposeful malicious burn.
Idk you could be right, idk of any drug though that causes a stinging feeling from touching it.

Badly synthesized acid is one potential hypothesis with very small remnants of hydrochloric acid in it

Lesson to be learned never ever take anything which stings the skin. Could be acetone, hydrochloric acid, something else which causes it.

How is your mental cognition? Memory, speech, sleep, feeling tired all the time?

What drugs did you take since then.