• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console Old school games consoles!

Green Bean

Bluelighter
Does anyone else remember the Sega mega drive? What was your fave game on it? Mine was road rash for sure haha :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a super nintendo and kept playing it till the playstation came out, once the play station came out I owned every system after that

im waiting now to get a one or a ps4, i dont know which to get first, im thinking ps4

I want the ps4 really, but all my friends got an xbox so thats my issue
im hoping my finances turn up quickly so i can get both fairly soon

I've never been on an xbox. Let me know what you think of the ps4 when you get it :)

I bought a Raspberry Pi last year and converted it into a "RetroPi." It plays ROMs from like 16 old school consoles including mega drive. If you love old school gaming definitely check Raspberry Pi out. The entire setup only cost me like $130 bucks.

That raspberry pi idea is great. I have an NES, an SNES, a N64, a GameCube. I got them when they came out as hand me downs from my bro.. My fave games were super Mario Bros 3, super contra, dig dug, tetris, the kings knight, super Mario 64, super Mario sunshine, home alone, hunter the reckoning, etc.. I hated super Mario 2, that game was trash imo.

It's really easy to set up too. You instantly have access to thousands of games from all these old consoles:

Amiga (UAE4ALL)
Apple II (LinApple)
Atari 800 (Atari800)
Atari 2600 (RetroArch/Stella)
Atari ST/STE/TT/Falcon (Hatari)
Apple Macintosh (Basilisk II)
C64 (VICE)
Amstrad CPC (#CPC4Rpi)
Final Burn Alpha (RetroArch/PiFBA, RetroArch/FBA)
Game Boy (RetroArch/Gambatte)
Game Boy Advance (GpSP)
Game Boy Color (RetroArch/Gambatte)
Sega Game Gear (Osmose)
Intellivision (jzIntv)
MAME (RetroArch/mame4all-pi, RetroArch/mame4all)
MSX (openMSX)
PC – x86 (rpix86)
NeoGeo (PiFBA, GnGeo)
Nintendo Entertainment System (RetroArch/FCEUmm)
Nintendo 64 (Mupen64Plus-RPi)
TurboGrafx 16 – PC Engine (RetroArch/Mednafen/pce_fast)
Ports
– CaveStory (RetroArch/NXEngine)
– Doom (RetroArch/PrBoom)
– Duke Nukem 3D (eDuke)
ScummVM
Sega Master System / Mark III (RetroArch/Picodrive, Osmose, DGen)
Sega Mega Drive / Genesis (RetroArch/Picodrive, DGen)
Sega Mega-CD / CD (RetroArch/Picodrive, DGen)
Sega 32X (RetroArch/Picodrive, DGen)
Playstation 1 (RetroArch/PCSX ReARMed)
Super Nintendo Entertainment System (RetroArch/Pocket SNES, snes9x-rpi)
Sinclair ZX Spectrum (Fuse, FBZX)

I've found myself playing a lot of the older RPG classics like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger. Fun stuff.

has anybody experience with retroarch on an old 1ghz 1gb netbook? it runs on xubuntu atm. planing to play some old nes, megadrive and perhaps snes titles.

Megadrive... that's the equivalent of a Genesis, right?

My favorite was Streets of Rage 2 (Bare Knuckle 2)

The music was great, the fighting was excellent and the character lineup was pretty cool

yes, it is. but i meant the master system, i dont think that a genesis emulator will run on my old machine after the first tests.

Oh. I never had a Master System. Nintendo was my first system. Got it at a garage sale with a handful of games for about 20 dollars or so. Man, that was a great collection of games too! I lucked out. And to think, they were $50 brand new on the shelf when they first came out!

I don't happen to know any good games for the Master System. Some emu's like a Raspberry Pie (or whatever it's called) let you scroll through the games while it presents a short running clip of how each game performs. Like 1 15-20 second trailer. Pretty handy if you don't want to take the time to have to open each one manually in order to get an idea.