• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Policy Oregon rolling back decriminalization of some drugs. Let’s go back to an utterly failed attempt?

I personally know a guy who became addicted to opioids via Oxy for back pain. He had a slipped disc. His story is identical to what the research shows. Back hurt, he was afraid to take opioids because of all the horror stories, doc told him that oxy was less of a problem, then he got addicted, then his doc cut him off, then the WDs freaked him out and he turned to street opioids. It's been like 20 years and he's still hooked.
sounds identical to my story except I was well aware of what I was getting into when I blew out a disc and started opioids. How could I not be drug addicts everywhere we’re loving the stuff and it was plain as day for me to see that before starting. But the choice was either 1. Kill myself; 2. Become homeless because I could not work (and probably be in jail or dead); or 3. Medicate with opioids. I chose 3. Eventually a surgery was able to fix it but I still had even worse pain for 8 months after the surgery.

Until you know the feeling if a knife connected to an electrical socket stabbed into your spine and shooting pain into your legs; that lasts 24 7 365; it really doesn’t matter what you take be it heroin oxy or street fent….our medical system is so fucked with the treatment (lack thereof) of chronic pain that I don’t qualify medicating pain and being honest with yourself about it as addiction; legal or not.

Now if you start taking doses that are higher than what you actually need to function or take doses when your pain is absent; you’re being an addict.

is this guys back still fucked up and hurting him constantly and preventing him from working or having quality of life? If so he should be on oxy or whatever script but sadly we decided we are just going to let chronic pain patients fend for themselves and do fentanyl and kill themselves.

When you are a true drug addict but also have chronic pain it really looks like a gray area. Only the person living with that permanent pain can truly judge in their heart if what they are doing is abuse or medicating pain. And I will admit that said gray area is even confusing sometimes to the person experiencing the pain. They have to be honest with themselves and others on the outside looking in can’t make that judgment for them.

Last edited:
what america needs to do is invade china and mexico and level them to the ground and every fent maker. Raze the countries completely. China is waging a war on america killing hundreds of thousands of americans per year. Its about time biden grew a fucking pair and fucking acutally started a acutal war over drugs and bring the war to the countries making the fent. Flatten them with all of the US millitary power

Yeah, about that. The US has no way to crush China. They don't have a baby military, first of all, and we're far too dependent on them for extremely vital materials. The moment they stop shipping those to us, we're legitimately fucked. Not like it's the Chinese government intentionally plotting to stick fentanyl into all the drug supply anyway. It's asshole criminals doing it on their own who just don't give a fuck as long as they get their cash.

fuckign bullshit like the media was lying saying whole bunch of bums were all getting high well i live in phoenix and its way worse here than even portland with the homeless problem and drug problem and mfs just smoke fent anywhere broad daylight here in AZ so it wasnt the decriminalizion that did that..

LIKE OMFG THIS ACTUALLY PISSES ME OFFF DUDE WE HAD ONE STATE TAKE A SMALL STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION ONE STEP FORWARD 150 STEPS BACK FUCK THIS COUNTRY BRO lol im actually pissed deadass they locking us up for drugs but they cant even run the country under biden prices literally increased 150-300% on damn near every item u can imagine.

but they have time to fuck with me for getting high and wanting to get other ppl high but our whole nation deadass colapsign

experiment that failed?

they didn’t go all the way with it that they were supposed to. They just said you can use the cartels drugs and we won’t arrest you. That’s where it ended.

Yes if that was the experiment, we didn’t even need to conduct it because of course it was going to fail.

This isn’t about drugs. This is about the fact that it has become too hard for people to help themselves and attain a better life. That bar used to be lower where ppl in distress could look at that bar and say "that is doable, if i take these steps and work hard I can have a better life.”

It doesn’t work like that anymore. There are millions of people that don’t do drugs, don’t do crime, are good hard working people and their lives are still miserable shit. They did their part; society didn’t keep up its end of the bargain to reward these honest people as once was.

So now, people look at that and say “fuck it, this mountain is unclimbable and those trying their best to climb it are all falling off the cliff anyways.” What’s the point of even trying to climb the mountain? Sure one lone climber that is the most elite and has a bit of luck will reach the summit. But one person reaching the highest of summits is not the game that we should be playing.

The correct game is many people, climbing and reaching a lower summit that might now be as high as the highest summit but it’s better than falling into the crevasse and rotting.

We’ve sacrificed everyone that tried to climb and discouraged those climbers that would attempt a climb all so that the most elite climber can reach the highest summit. Good for him. But the crevasse is filled with so many dead bodies it’s about to overflow.

What do we want as a community? The only way it’s ever going to get better is for those at the highest summit to climb down half way and toss a rope down to those in the crevasse.

not everyone is as strong of a climber and it doesn’t matter how hard they climb. We’re climbing the wrong mountain and they will perish.
Very well said