• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opioids Otc codeine

Does anyone find that the pharmacies are asking more questions about codeine lately?
In Switzerland they always ask the hell out of you, even when just buying DXM, and many deny it. Since a year or so the codeine only (yeah, we had like 300 or 400mg/bottle, drops not nasty syrup) and DHC are Rx only now. These drops are a bittersweet memory, my first real opioid experience and my last in this intensity.

But @Krokodil I always wanted to try desomorphine, just in purified form without the toxic garbage responsible for the toxicity seen with clandestine users.

Yea this was the case with dxm in Germany around 00, too. You ask for cough suppressant with dxm and all they reach you is some bloody lozenges (strange word, had to look it up).

Yea this was the case with dxm in Germany around 00, too. You ask for cough suppressant with dxm and all they reach you is some bloody lozenges (strange word, had to look it up).
Oh, some of these lozenges actually have the same dosage like pills (23mg DXM or something like that). At least with Bexin in CH it's like that. The pharmacies were good training against social anxiety, lol.
Don't know about Germany. Silomat? But you still have eh-bay, in other times I'd order 9 packages, then 6 now they mostly limit to 2 or 3 but I don't tolerate DXM anymore anyways.

Btw, nice pic but alcohol is both a solution and a solvent, isn't it?

Ot: It’s something like 6-8mg per lozenge. Pills normally contain 30-60mg over here. But nowadays the only usable brand contains 300mg per pack. Back in the day it was always 600mg.

Well good question, don’t know if you can call it a solvent. EtOH is hygroscopic so I guess it solvates water?

Last edited:
Does anyone find that the pharmacies are asking more questions about codeine lately?

A while ago I was refused, after I had told my doctor to stop giving me tramadol, I was addicted and wanted off but didn't tell her that, so I went to buy co codamol from chemist here called Boots and got told no, so I'm like "I've littrally just told my doctor to stop prescribing tramadol why would I do that then buy this weak shit, I have a really bad back, I should of stayed on the tramadol if this is how you treat customers" turns out my back pain got worse and spread and its actually fibromyalgia, need to get up off my fibro anxious ass and go chemist actually as just took last two when I woke up, always worry they'll say no one day

It’s the lean craze that’s making pharmacies question it. lots of kids in asking for codeine cough syrups. Some even make home brew lean and manage to sell it on. Lil Wayne and the mumble rappers have a lot to answer for.

A while ago I was refused, after I had told my doctor to stop giving me tramadol, I was addicted and wanted off but didn't tell her that, so I went to buy co codamol from chemist here called Boots and got told no, so I'm like "I've littrally just told my doctor to stop prescribing tramadol why would I do that then buy this weak shit, I have a really bad back, I should of stayed on the tramadol if this is how you treat customers" turns out my back pain got worse and spread and its actually fibromyalgia, need to get up off my fibro anxious ass and go chemist actually as just took last two when I woke up, always worry they'll say no one day

Yeh, Boots are probably the worst in my experience. As I said, the supermarket pharmacies seem to be the most lenient. Some of them don't even ask any questions at all...

This hahahaha 🤣😂

I got my ass kicked by one young female pharmacist - I walked in and asked for some cocodamol and she gave me a snooty look and said "You had one of these yesterday - I will give you this one but no more...you jakey fucker". I walked out blushing.

You need a memory like an octopus to know which fucking pharmacy you went in on which day! 😁

I got my ass kicked by one young female pharmacist - I walked in and asked for some cocodamol and she gave me a snooty look and said "You had one of these yesterday - I will give you this one but no more...you jakey fucker". I walked out blushing.

You need a memory like an octopus to know which fucking pharmacy you went in on which day! 😁
She was obviously flirting

Is it just me, or is Codeine very hit and miss for trying to catch a buzz?

I tried CWEs on about half a dozen occasions last year, each time I became flushed, (red and blotchy in the face so it was definitely kicking in physically) but only once did it develop into a nice high. Even that only lasted about 60-90 minutes.

Plus it seemed to de-stabilise my mood much worse than is normal for me, in that I had one hell of a mood crash the day after, for no other apparent reason.

I have no opiate tolerance right now, so I know from previous zero tolerance days that I can feel 60mg of pure codeine (when I could get it in that form). So I tried anything from 8-16-24 x 8mg tablets using CWEs which is plenty a big enough dose for me.

Not much cop really I would say, from my recent experience anyway.

I always had a good time with codeine, out of the 7 or so times I had codeine every occasion was great. It’s one of the great opioids along with hydromorphone or morphine. I don’t know why people over here at bluelight look down upon codeine. Read it here several times.

Is it just me, or is Codeine very hit and miss for trying to catch a buzz?

I tried CWEs on about half a dozen occasions last year, each time I became flushed, (red and blotchy in the face so it was definitely kicking in physically) but only once did it develop into a nice high. Even that only lasted about 60-90 minutes.

Plus it seemed to de-stabilise my mood much worse than is normal for me, in that I had one hell of a mood crash the day after, for no other apparent reason.

I have no opiate tolerance right now, so I know from previous zero tolerance days that I can feel 60mg of pure codeine (when I could get it in that form). So I tried anything from 8-16-24 x 8mg tablets using CWEs which is plenty a big enough dose for me.

Not much cop really I would say, from my recent experience anyway.

It's not so much the codeine that's hit or miss, it's more the quality of the CWE- which in my experience can be extremely hit or miss.

These days when I buy co-codamol, I don't even bother with CWE. I just neck four tablets and then a couple of hours later have two more. There is a synergy between codeine and paracetamol and I often find that a low dose of the pills is superior to a high dose from a CWE. The trick is not to overdo it and subsequently die from liver failure...

It's not so much the codeine that's hit or miss, it's more the quality of the CWE- which in my experience can be extremely hit or miss.

These days when I buy co-codamol, I don't even bother with CWE. I just neck four tablets and then a couple of hours later have two more. There is a synergy between codeine and paracetamol and I often find that a low dose of the pills is superior to a high dose from a CWE. The trick is not to overdo it and subsequently die from liver failure...
I’ve noticed this too. I never do cwe’s anymore I stick to 30/500 cocodomols and the wee 30mg codeine phosphates pills. I get a similar buzz off 4x30/500’s that I do on the 6 to 8 of the straight 30’s.

I wonder if citalopram weakens the effects of codeine? I used to get a good buzz from it, before I started taking citalopram. These days taking 200 mg won't quite do the trick (which used to get me high as a kite).

Yeah that's a good point about the CWEs.

Unless anyone can get a scientific report of how much codeine and paracetomol is in the clear water of a CWE no one can be sure exactly what is in it.

Getting 30mg cocodamol pills or pure codeine is obviously a better option for any one who can get it or afford it in that form.

I’d say that codeine is more fluffy than morphine but for someone who doesn’t do needles it’s as good as morphine in every regard.