• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opioids Otc codeine

Yeah - codeine is likely responsible for more H addicts than any other cause.

How else do people find out what opiates feel like? How do THEY choose to increase the dose? Not from prescribed codeine, that's for sure. But if you can by a bottle containing 400mg of codeine, it's so easy to keep upping the dose to get the buzz.

Codeine is only supposed to be 1/10th M in potency, but it's dependence liability is about 1/4 morphine.

That is why health services are stopping the use of codeine.

Actually, dihydrocodeine is a MUCH better option. It's longer acting, more potent but it's dependence liability is no more than codeine....

Dhc is much stronger than codeine.In between codeine&morphine.I preffered it too.Withdrawls are much more strong too.I have been on codeine for years-homemade from pills containing and couple others shit.Acid/base extraction.In fact all the junkies cooked that before H arrives here.And we all i.v.codeine without any problems.Not even one death.It has a ceilling effect-some say 400mg...for me about a gram.Can't up the dose.'cause it wouldn't bring more high.Withdrawls were childish job

Interestingly, codeine and DHC are considered to be of equal potency as analgesics. The above link is just 1 example but I have seen dozens.

DHC is active in it's own right and maybe (I haven't checked) it doesn't cause the body to produce enzymes to remove it (as codeine does) but I find it much less euphoric. In fact, nations like Japan ONLY use dihydrocodeine. They also use dihydromorphine instead of morphine. Maybe it's because some Asians lack the enzyme to convert codeine to morphine? But that wouldn't explain why they use DHM.

I SUGGEST it's because they are less dependence-forming for a given analgesic dose.

Books said that DHC is 1.5 times stronger,than codeine.(you got around 5 percent active metabolite-dihydromorphine,which is stronger than morphine for sure)Personally for me is at least two times stronger....but it depends on certain enzymes right....just like books said that oxycontine is 1.5 to 2 times more powerful than morphine orally....for me it's an equal like analgesics(orally)....but that's again me.Drugs that involved cyt.450 often acts different upon different people and ethnic groups,more prone to interactions with other meds&foods.Never tried dihydromorphine here is not available

Last edited:
Very, very few people's first experience of opioids is heroin. If your are simply being pedantic then 'opiate addicts'.

But the high that someone with no tolerance will get off a bottle of codeine linctus is very similar to the high someone with tolerance will get off £10 of heroin.

Having been in both positions and having discussed it with others - it seems to be the same for many.

Personally for me is at least two times stronger....but

Ok, everyone is different but in my book I found it almost to be equipotent to normal codeine. Couldn’t make out any difference at all.

I would privatized some codeino too.It's weak ye,but i like it.Me gustas porque mono e facil.Esto e una droga para nuevos chicos in dependenza.Yo querro un buen dia para a ti hermano(,e meno calor tambien:) ...Amen!

I would give anything to be able to speak Bulgarian or Serb- croatian or Russian half as well as you speak Spanish.

It allways amazed me how you Slavics can learn foreing languages.

You can see it with football players. Yugoslavian ones will attend media in any european language in months, where you have people like Beckham or Bale living in Madrid for years and they can't make a proper single sentence in Spanish.
Or De Gea, David Silva, Juan Mata... who have been playing for ages in the UK and they seem fucking Sitting Bull trying to speak the most basic English, for God sake...

Ok, everyone is different but in my book I found it almost to be equipotent to normal codeine. Couldn’t make out any difference at all.

Codeine purum is indeed stronger than hemi- hydrated phosphate.
In fact, if we talk of a proper hemi- hydratation, (not the case of most - if not all-pharma brands), it would be, as "hemi" means, half of the strengh of purum.

But I get you, if you have a opi tolerance you won't notice that much of a difference between both if you take a high dosage. If you were to dose under say 100 mgs I think you will.
And if you are a opi naive person, you sure would feel them not being the same thing.

Very, very few people's first experience of opioids is heroin. If your are simply being pedantic then 'opiate addicts'.

But the high that someone with no tolerance will get off a bottle of codeine linctus is very similar to the high someone with tolerance will get off £10 of heroin.

Having been in both positions and having discussed it with others - it seems to be the same for many.

I think you can be right nowadays with kids and brat rappers and lean... or doc House's vicodin and all that shit.

Also, in many asiatic and northen african countries people start with opium/ poppies before they become heroin users.

But what Nas and Blondin are telling you is true: during 80s and 90s, in Europe at least, if someone wanted to try an opi for the very first time, it was heroin well over 90% of the cases.

Codeine purum is indeed stronger than hemi- hydrated phosphate.
In fact, if we talk of a proper hemi- hydratation, (not the case of most - if not all-pharma brands), it would be, as "hemi" means, half of the strengh of purum.

But I get you, if you have a opi tolerance you won't notice that much of a difference between both if you take a high dosage. If you were to dose under say 100 mgs I think you will.
And if you are a opi naive person, you sure would feel them not being the same thing.
Oh, fuck you were talking about codeine and dhc!!
I thought it was about purum codeine versus hemi phosphate. That was another thread.
My bad, I'm sorry.

I would give anything to be able to speak Bulgarian or Serb- croatian or Russian half as well as you speak Spanish.

It allways amazed me how you Slavics can learn foreing languages.

You can see it with football players. Yugoslavian ones will attend media in any european language in months, where you have people like Beckham or Bale living in Madrid for years and they can't make a proper single sentence in Spanish.
Or De Gea, David Silva, Juan Mata... who have been playing for ages in the UK and they seem fucking Sitting Bull trying to speak the most basic English, for God sake...
Thanks for the compliment brother:)Got basic skills on Spanish,but able to understand quite a bit..but you Spaniards talk muy rapido....so not so easy sometimes....This is a second world language after all....and sounds good:)

Oh, fuck you were talking about codeine and dhc!!
I thought it was about purum codeine versus hemi phosphate. That was another thread.
My bad, I'm sorry.
Yep,bit right purum is about twice stronger than phosphato hemyhydrato(codeine)indeed.As for Dhc....yah..i felt it much more stronger than codeine

The main difference is that codeine is purely a prodrug, dihydrocodeine is active in it's own right.

Why hydrocodone has never been used in the UK, I really have no idea. I PRESUME people have tried to get a licence for it, but nobody ever has.

Hydro never tried also.It is for.American market only.I think it's purely prodrug like codeine.Dhc is strong enough but oral bioavailability is about 20percent.....less than morphine.And yes metabolite(active) of Dhc is not dilaudid(hydromorphone),but dihydro morphine,which is almost equi potent to morphine.When we talk about"weak "opioid i personally put in this category only three-codeine,tramadol&kratom(low doses)

Last edited: