Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Parents of crash victim sue store over 'whippets'

fruitfly

Bluelight Crew
Parents of crash victim sue store over 'whippets'
Wednesday, Dec. 10
By Josh Mitchell,
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

BOCA RATON - The parents of a suburban Boca Raton woman critically injured in a car collision this summer are suing a video store for allegedly selling their daughter and her friend nitrous oxide cartridges that they used to get high moments before the crash.

The lawsuit, filed Tuesday in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, alleges that Gold Coast Video on Route 441 has sold "whippets" to teenagers and adults knowing the products would be used illegally to get high.

Michael and Gina Cook say their 19-year-old daughter, Jamie Cook, bought whippets at the store, just north of Oriole Country Road west of Boca Raton, the night of June 2 and got high with her 17-year-old friend who was driving the car.

Moments later their car collided with another car on Clint Moore Road.

Jamie Cook spent 80 days in a rehabilition center and suffers from permanent brain damage, the parents said. Her friend suffered minor injuries, they said.

Wednesday, a Gold Coast manager who identified himself only as Don said that the whippets were being sold for people who wanted to make home-made whip cream for sexual fantasies. He said the products were recently pulled from shelves in the store's adult video section and at the front desk after complaints that the whippets were being used to get high.

Sheriff's deputies have been investigating the case since the night of the accident and are weighing criminal charges against the video store, a sheriff's spokesman said.

Link

So, some fucking MORON takes a whippet while driving and OF COURSE crashes the car - and they are suing the fucking video store??? Sue the absolute moron that thought she could drive in Nang space and ruined her friend's life!!!

Oh, I forgot, they can't get a million bucks out of her :(

--- G.

^^Ya know, I was thinking that...I just didn't want to be the first to say it.

How seriously idiotic can you be? Reminds me of one of my fave quotes, "Stupid should hurt." I guess this is one of those times it did.

My thoughts go out to the poor girl though, it's terribly sad. :(

to all of the above... a quote, and possibly an answer.... "there's no use being dumb unless it shows" ... theres my 2 cents

Whippets on the Go :X

I hate fuckers like this. I could have been driving blazed up on that road then she comes out of no where all sorts of fucked up on a whippet and crashes into me. I'm glad she won't be on the road anytime soon. I'm sorry she put herself in the position she did but she got what was comming. and dont "poor girl" her because she is 17 and being a fucking dumb ass, you know if it was a guy everyone here would be ripping on him for being a tard (no "awwww poor boy"). it is a bad thing but she doesn't deserve a break for reckless endangerment of others on the road.

I used to know a guy that would get a few hundred whippits and drive around neighborhoods while he did them. You could see where he'd been by following the trail of whippits left in the gutters of the roads.

I can't even stand up when I'm nanged out, let alone drive.

stupid and yet sad, too. why don't they sue the american government for not supplying adequate drug awareness education for the fucktards who don't know well enough to come to a site like this.

edit, agreed fragbait. i end up in the classic game Pong whenever I partake. all i see is myself being tossed back n forth from one paddle to another, how the hell does anyone see the road in front of em??!!

fruitfly said:
Jamie Cook ... suffers from permanent brain damage,
.... Later investigation reveals this brain damage occured prior to this incident, and is believed to have led to the reckless use of nitrous oxide.

I wish we had the death penelty. That fucking mole nailed an entire fucking family. The slut even tried to threaten and bribe the occupant to lie about what had happened. To make matters worse this fact was brought out the day after the hoe went on television looking for sympathy.... FRY THE SLUT

Sheriff's deputies have been investigating the case since the night of the accident and are weighing criminal charges against the video store, a sheriff's spokesman said.

1 - if the kids are younger than 18, which they are not since their names are listed, then the store is liable for sale of an inhalant to a minor. If the 17 year old kid bought them then yes they face criminal charges. If the 19 year old bought them, then no. NITRIOUS OXIDE IS SOLD LEGALLY BECAUSE IT "ASSUMED" THE PURCHASER IS NOT GOING TO USE IT TO GET HIGH. THAT IS WHAT THE FUCKIGN WARNING LABEL ON BOXES OF WHIP-ITs IS FOR. Perhaps the seller knows the cultural context of kids buying nitrous, but the product is legally sold for baking, as well as other, purposes. NO ONE should be held responsable for someone getting high on a product, unless they say "USE THIS TO GET HIGH" when they sell it.

2 - The parents should be sued for raising moronic kids that combine nitrous with driving a car. HELLO DARWIN AWARD, WE FOUND THE HONORABLE MENTION FOR 2004.

YES PARENTS ITS YOUR FAULT!!! HOLY SHIT GRASP THE GRIM REALITY THAT IT ISNT THE STORE OWNERS FAULT, IT ISNT THE MANUFACTURERS FAULT, OH MY FUCKING LORD ITS NOT EVEN THE EVIL EVIL DRUG'S FAULT! IT IS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT!!!!. Fuck fanatical parents who cant accept blame for raising kids who do things like this, and then go and blame the drugs/people who sold the drugs. Ok yes it really is the kid's fault for using nitrous and operating a motorized vehilce. They can be glad they diddnt crash into me, because if I would have seen the box if whippets in their car as I politely would go and see if they were ok, I would have given them all more brain damage than the freaking "accident" caused.

This is a case of hysterical redneck parents who are scared to death of the idea of being "high," whom are unable to accept blame that their kids did something this dumb, and blame it on someone else. Its easy as hell to blame anything on anyone in this society so long as its related to drugs. Naturally, the hysterical redneck sherrifs comply easily and investigate the store at the tiniest inkling of the mentioning of the feared D-word.

I cant say it enough. Next kid that ODs, crashes his car, cuts of his penis, or stabs himself in the neck with a hunting knife (yes im referring to past articles in this forum) and has parents who sue the providers of their procreations chemical indulgence, Im going to personally write a letter to the parents and make them cry. Oi...

This makes no sence whatsover, and I am going to assume your just trolling:
I wish we had the death penelty. That fucking mole nailed an entire fucking family. The slut even tried to threaten and bribe the occupant to lie about what had happened. To make matters worse this fact was brought out the day after the hoe went on television looking for sympathy.... FRY THE SLUT

Wednesday, a Gold Coast manager who identified himself only as Don said that the whippets were being sold for people who wanted to make home-made whip cream for sexual fantasies.

Hey takign a nang during oral sex, or sex itself, is fantastic. Screw the whipped cream.

Michael and Gina Cook say their 19-year-old daughter, Jamie Cook, bought whippets at the store, just north of Oriole Country Road west of Boca Raton, the night of June 2 and got high with her 17-year-old friend who was driving the car.

Morrison's Lament[/i] [b]So said:

I hate fuckers like this. I could have been driving blazed up on that road then she comes out of no where all sorts of fucked up on a whippet and crashes into me. I'm glad she won't be on the road anytime soon. I'm sorry she put herself in the position she did but she got what was comming. and dont "poor girl" her because she is 17 and being a fucking dumb ass, you know if it was a guy everyone here would be ripping on him for being a tard (no "awwww poor boy"). it is a bad thing but she doesn't deserve a break for reckless endangerment of others on the road.

uuuh, guys, have you even read the thing carefully, it was a he that was driving, not a she..

so again mr funkenstein; poor girl, i feel sorry for her..

edit: haha, could've been a she, but that's nowhere on the link, she/he is only referred to as "the friend".. kinda sinister, "the friend".. =D

Blowmonkey said:
uuuh, guys, have you even read the thing carefully, it was a he that was driving, not a she.

where does it even mention the sex of the second kid?

and, wood, the girl was not a minor and her name is listed.

^ no kidding, i was pointing out the only ways the store owner could face charges

\/

if the kids are younger than 18, which they are not since their names are listed, then the store is liable for sale of an inhalant to a minor

the 17 year old's sex is not listed. I was assumign that that individual was taking whippets as well, but still - blaming the store for selling her kids nitrous is just retarded. I want her parents phone number so i can call them and make them cry.

michael said:
where does it even mention the sex of the second kid?

and, wood, the girl was not a minor and her name is listed.

geez michael, i thought i put in an edit saying both was possible, i was only finding it a bit strange that people kept ranting about "a girl" while "it" is only mentioned as, "the friend"..

Last edited:
Re: Re: Parents of crash victim sue store over 'whippets'

frizzantik said:
.... Later investigation reveals this brain damage occured prior to this incident, and is believed to have led to the reckless use of nitrous oxide.

i was thinking the exact same thing myself8)

it is a bitch though

DarthMom said:
why don't they sue the american government for not supplying adequate drug awareness education for the fucktards who don't know well enough to come to a site like this.

I don't want my tax dollars being spent so the government can "teach you to get high." That's crazy. This is just a case of someone being stupid. Don't blame the government. People should educate themselves if they choose to use drugs, not depend on Big Brother to do everything. The information is out there. READ! I'd rather keep my tax dollars.

Since when was drug awareness and harm reduction about "teaching people to get high" ? Is that all we are doing here? ;)

--- G.

morninggloryseed said:
I don't want my tax dollars being spent so the government can "teach you to get high." That's crazy. This is just a case of someone being stupid. Don't blame the government. People should educate themselves if they choose to use drugs, not depend on Big Brother to do everything. The information is out there. READ! I'd rather keep my tax dollars.

I don't want my tax dollars so that stupid kids are "taught to drink" in anti drinking and driving classes in school.