Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Pridinol - 10mg - Antiparkinsonian Deliriant Experiment

aag

Bluelighter
Pridinol is an anticholinergic drug used to treat Parkinson's symptoms and relax muscles. It may also be used to treat dyskinesia resulting from the use of antipsychotics. I was unable to find any trip reports in English; I only found about four low-quality trip reports from 2002-2004 in Polish.

I may be the first one ever to create a trip report from a Pridinol experience in English.

The dosage for Pridinol's deliriant properties is uncertain to me. Based on some Polish trip reports, the dosage is between 5 and 10 pills, with 10 pills causing full-blown delirium with hallucinations. There are 3 mg and 5 mg pills available in Poland, and they didn't specify the exact mg dose in their reports, but I suspect they meant 5 mg pills. My intuition tells me that the dosage of Pridinol is approximately 1.5 times that of Trihexyphenidyl, which is a similar drug. Trihexyphenidyl is available in 2 mg and 5 mg doses, while Pridinol is available in 3 mg and 5 mg doses. By the way, here's a comparison of their chemical structures:
jgeuRtK.jpeg

For a while now, I've dreamed of experiencing the effects of an anticholinergic antiparkinsonian drug. I wanted to try Trihexyphenidyl the most, but I was unable to find it. It's not available in my country, but there are other drugs with a similar mechanism of action. I decided to go with Pridinol and I managed to get the prescription. I was hesitating between it and Biperiden (Akineton).

I took 10 mg (2 tablets).

I was snacking on chips, and after 26 minutes from taking the tablets, I started feeling the first effects. It was a sensation of heaviness throughout my body. With each passing minute, it became increasingly difficult to move. It wasn't very pleasant and quite intense, as I even lost the strength to reach for the chips. Reaching for my phone and typing on it was also schallenging.

After 40 minutes, there were first visual effects. With my eyes closed, I experienced visuals very similar to those I had once during my adventure with DPH. Specifically, they were:

• Transparent spiders and other bugs crawling around the room
  • Black dots flying all over the room
  • Glitching of the image (e.g., half of the table momentarily teleporting a few centimeters away, then returning to its place in 0.1s)
  • Walls breathing like on psychedelics

At this stage, I felt a bit frightened. But it was fear of the unknown. I was afraid that I would soon experience powerful hallucinations, for example a demon would enter my room and assault me. I didn't want that to happen and that's why I was scared.

The most interesting things happened when I stared at something for a long time. Here are the details of one of the moments that stuck in my memory:

I was looking at a pot on the window sill, and after about 10 seconds of staring at it, I began to stop seeing my room. It started disappearing first at the periphery of my vision and gradually faded until reaching the pot. At one point, I only saw the pot itself, and beyond it, literally grayness! Nothingness. Emptiness. After a few more seconds, the pot also disappeared, and I couldn't see anything at all. It was quite terrifying because I felt like my eyes were open, yet I couldn't see anything.

I started seeing again immediately when I shifted my gaze to another point. This effect repeated every time I stared at one place for too long without moving my eyes.

What was interesting was that when I stared at this "nothingness" for long enough, or when I closed my eyes, I started having visions. And the longer I observed these visions, the more convinced I was that they weren't visions but reality. I forgot that I was under the influence. It was as if I were dreaming without being aware that I was dreaming.

One specific moment from the experience that stuck in my memory:

I closed my eyes and started seeing some weird, quickly changing visions, like watching a video generated by AI. I watched them with interest, but these nonsensical visions began to turn into something sensible, namely, I saw my computer where I sit every day. I saw that I had Discord open, and I was chatting with someone on it. On the second monitor, I had a YouTube player, and some video was playing. I could freely move the mouse, look at YouTube, then at Discord. I started to believe that I was really sitting at the computer and nothing extraordinary was happening, until suddenly, a teleport back to the bed! And I remembered that I was under the influence.

I was sleepy throughout the entire experience and I fell asleep at some point. Woke up the next morning, feeling kinda tired, but nothing too serious.

An interesting experience, but I'm not eager to repeat it anytime soon. I wonder how Pridinol compares to Biperiden and Trihexyphenidyl.

We used to smoke a friend's Cogentin (benztropine). Weird that he and his crew had discovered that route gave better effect than oral.