• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Probabilities of randomly picking a magic mushroom in the forest?

PassMeTheVicks

Bluelighter
What are the cchances of picking a MAGIC shrrom in the forest, say atleast 25% of shrooms in the forstes will make you trip? Or are they VERY FEW ones that are hallucinogenic?
PS: are ALL shrooms that grow on cowsh!t, magic ones? cuz down here theres tons of cow pastures, and story is, that those huge white shrooms on cowsh!t are magic shrooms.
Will i be okay just eating a shroom i find growing on cowsh!t?
Taz

If you don't know how to identify a mushroom on sight, then do not go magic mushroom picking
Seriously, there is a breed of shroom that looks uncannily similar to p. cubensis that is in fact poisonous.
Read some books, go to www.erowid.org and take someone who knows what they're doing with you.
P('randomly picking a deadly mushroom by mistake') = Uncomfortably high

I think a better reccomendation for YOU in particular, BUY YOUR MUSHROOMS! Or read a whole bunch and have a lot of confidence before you even put on your shroomin boots!!
Matt

Unless your a botanist with a speciality in mushrooms, don't go picking shit in the forest. You will end up either sick to your stomach, or dead. Even the psibocylin strain (most common psychodelic mushroom) is posinous to a degree.

heh that's like goin into the forest and eating some berries off a bush you thought was a cranberry bush when it was really a deadly nightshade :p

no, i would really not suggest just going off and eating a mushroom you find growing in the woods or forest, or in some cow shit. i have looked around in some woods and places like that, and i have found mushrooms, but never anything like looks like a SHROOM mushroom. it (availability) also depends on where you are, what kind of weather is going on, what kind of growing medium you're looking in (woodchips, cow shit, grassy fields and pastures, etc.). i have only picked a few mushrooms outdoors, and each one i compared to up to date picking guides, took spore prints, etc.. as i had pretty much expected, none of them turned out to be any kind of psychoactive mushroom.
if you're going to go shroom picking, read, read, read. learn all that you can. but i suggest another method - get spores & grow your own, or find a reliable source. happy (and safe) shrooming!
peace!
smile.gif

------------------
I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

I did some research on amazon.com for field study guides for mushrooms and I found a bunch. Anyone have any suggestions for field study guides that maybe helped them in learnin the various types and succesfully identifing shrooms that are hallucinogenic.thanx
[This message has been edited by MDMARI (edited 18 March 2001).]

NO NO NO
I encourage you to go mushroom picking, just be warned, if you pick say, a Amanita Phallodies mushroom, you will die a slow painful death....
Many mushrooms are toxic, many mushrooms are not. Get a field guide, and read that. Bring it with you. See a mushroom, look it up. Take a spore print and examine the spore print before you eat the mushroom.
just be careful, as I said before, mushrooms can kill you if you eat the wrong one.
aka, I take no responsibility if you die of liver damage and your parents look on this website with ppl giving you advice to do so...
smile.gif

Go ahead! Eat every mushroom you find, removing your genes from the gene pool would be a big plus for the human race
Harry
[This message has been edited by Harry@Piekarnia (edited 18 March 2001).]

First off, if you are any where near serious, save-up some money and buy these books;
Mushrooms Demystified
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms
Psilocybe Mushrooms of the world
In the mean time I suggest you visit THE SHROOMERY to learn more on the subject.
------------------
MY HOME
"I'm Bigger
And Bolder
And Rougher
And Tougher
In Other Words Sucker There is no other
I'm The One and Only DOMINATOR
I'm The One and Only
DOMINATOR!"

[This message has been edited by Its Pat (edited 18 March 2001).]