Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Random Acts of Kindness

felix

Bluelight Crew
people are weird sometimes. :|

i just nipped out for cigarettes in the car. when i was getting back in the car, i heard a couple speaking about getting a taxi somewhere but neither of them had any money. i asked them if they would like a lift somewhere, but they turned the offer down as if i was some kind of weirdo or something. :\

it makes me sad that people don't accept an offer of help when there is nothing expected in return. :(

so anyway, i'm not a saint or anything, but i do like doing things for people. it's nice to be nice.

what things have you done recently? :)

Aye, we're all scared of each other now, kindness is treated with extreme suspicion, nobody expects anyone to do anything for nothing.

Sad state o' affairs!

I can't really think of anything I've done recently for anyone mind.

*minor I-can't-type edit*

Last edited:
God I know I did something nice the other day for someone but can't remember for the life of me what it was!

Aye, we're all scared of each other now, kindness is treated with extreme suspicious, nobody expects anyone to do anything for nothing.

Sad state o' affairs!

This is true. And I fear I've turned into one of those people. Or at least I'm starting to. Living in London will do that to you if you're not careful though. It's the kinda place where if you fall on the ground during rush hour, people would rather step over you than help you to your feet. :|

Personally, I like to send people little prezzies in the post. I was one of those mix tape, pen pal kinda girls back in the day, and a part of me still enjoys little personal touches like that. All this facebook/myspace nonsense has taken away the personality behind such things I feel.

Anyway, I can't think of one thing in particular from recent times. But a friend did thank me yesterday for always giving her my honest opinion on things and not just feeding her a load of waffle. It was nice because I know she really treasures honesty. She says I always make her see sense. It's a pity I can never see such things in my own life mind.

man i like to think im a very nice person. everyone around me agrees. it really got in the way of money when i was still selling. man i used to give dope sick junkies enough to stop the sicknes. i used to give tweakers enuf to hold them over. and idk how many times ive cut a broke stoner a deal.... and i ALWAYS give moeny to homeless people. haha

Aye, we're all scared of each other now, kindness is treated with extreme suspicious, nobody expects anyone to do anything for nothing.

Sad state o' affairs!
indeed, i fucking HATE that!

one time i was driving down the road and it was absolutely LASHING down with rain unexpectedly. i drove past this young teenage girl walking up the road who was absolutely soaked and looking miserable as fuck. 5 minutes later i then drove back up the road (back to my brother's) and she was only a few hundred yards further up the road.

every bone in my body wanted to stop and offer her a lift, but i just knew she would have refused and probably would have told her parents about some weirdo offering her a lift. 8)

but could you have resisted the hunger? :D

i love being kind, just general small things, holding doors, helping people pick stuff up when they drop it, giving daysaver metro tickets to people when you've used them etc. no massive examples of late but it is a real buzz especially when you can see someone is genuinely greatful.

I've done lots....

Yesterday I found some senior citizens buss pass on the ground, it runs out in 2012.

I thought I recognised him from the pub I work in so took it to ask my boss if she agreed, she didn't. So i'm going to post it back to the depo.

I also found somebodies Oyster card for the london underground once...so posted that back to the address it says to post things back to if found.

Myself and my good friend MnM were driving somewhere once and offered a woman and her kid a lift up to the nearest town as we knew buses were only about once every hour, they accepted. Had some good banter with them on the way but I think they were glad when we got them to their destination though. :)

I once picked up/offered a lift to a young lady after i watched run like crazy for a bus that pulled away as she neared it. It was pouring down so like a gentleman i pulled up in my filthy pick up & "said would you like a lift" amazingly ( or maybe not) she said yes &happily clambered in the cab. I ended up taking her about 5 miles into the countryside ( it was the country bus she'd missed) I recall she was carrying a huge boquet of flowers, she was pretty as well - question is would I stop for some grim faced old bat as well - probably maybe?

The moral is don't give up just offer people lifts assitance if you feel like it & if they're paranoid don't feel bad, it's their problem. To buy into the paranoid mindset decrees it shall last a thousand years - or something like that

Yes I've done random kind things, buut I can't say what on the grounds that I may incriminate myself ;)=D

My motive for such things is karma, which isn't a bad thing I think

Yes I've done random kind things, buut I can't say what on the grounds that I may incriminate myself ;)=D
haha, me too. i mean sending people random mix CDs etc., and sometimes receiving some back. it's all good innit? :)

There was this fellow at the store who was obviously stranded and I could tell really genuinely didn't want to be asking people for money. When he approached me nervously to ask me for and explain his situation, he mentioned that he really didn't want to be asking as a stranger. So I told him strangers are just friends you haven't met yet and gave him the money he needed to get home. It was a total random act of kindness on my part & I gave him more then he needed to get home.

Sometimes the act goes horribly wrong. Years ago, on the way to work, this blpoke approached me asking for some money for a cuppa. I thought, I can do better and said, "come with me" and proceeded to a cafe. I was about to buy him a cuppa and a bacon sandwich when he got stroppy and said."can you just give me the money". At that point my goodwill evaporated (much like the alcohol was doing from his clothes) and I let loose with a rather nasty,"Look, I was going to get you a sandwich and a cuppa, but I'm fucked if you're going to get money for beer out of me, I have my own vices which I can hardly afford". At that he said something (I can't remember as I was starting to simmer), but we parted with me telling him to fuck off.

Some people you just can't do anything good for...

Today I was returning some books, $200 worth and I knew it would take a while and there was only one person doing returns and check out so I told the lady to just take care of the waiting customers first and I waited until they were done even tho I got there first. Nothing big but I guess it counts.

A few years back I bought a bunch of expensive make-up from Macy's (Marshal Fields then), then walking to the train I saw a lady w/ a kid sitting and begging for money. I returned the make-up and gave her the money cuz I felt bed.

During my undergrad I found someones school ID. If u lose one u pay $20. I tracked her down, e-mailed her and gave her the card back. She was very happy. $20 when u're a student is a lot of money.

Last edited:
I was one of those mix tape, pen pal kinda girls back in the day, and a part of me still enjoys little personal touches like that.

Interwebz Age Equivalent :)

My motive for such things is karma, which isn't a bad thing I think

Similar to Mr Bulbous. I like to do what I can because I like to do it. May not be much in my case, but I've always found that the intent makes all the difference :)

PS: Intent makes a big difference in some cases :|

Never said it was good value, Feel-the-licks. Nostalgia don't come cheap these days :|

Also, not sure if that's the right site, but I believe they come as an actual tape with a hidden USB stick somewhere therein - worth an extra quid or two :)

Perhaps...

I like to think I am a kind person. I'm probably a beast in reality.

I do lots of shit that could be called kind. It's not really - as I only do in order to bask in my kindnesses reflected glory.

Makes me feel likle a right smug little prick from time to time.

That last line isn't true. Don't have such a pessimistic attitude about people and society at large, where's your liberal politics? :p

I like to think I am a kind person. I'm probably a beast in reality.

I said some and at that point, with that bloke, I'd reached the point of,'you're taking the piss'. It wouldn't stop me from trying it again with somebody else, but you have to have a point where you think,"right, if you don't want it, I'll try and help someone else instead". It's not pessimism, it's just a case of,"I'm wasting my time with this person when I could be doing something for somebody who actually wants help". I'm not infinitely wealthy or have infinite patience (and the bit about having my own vices to support weas being totally honest).

Anyway, the fucker lied to me - he said,"can you spare some change for a cup of tea?" to which I was happy to oblige. If he'd asked for the money so he could buy alcohol, I'd have told him "no" from the very start. He was asking for tea but meant beer (anyway I probably was a bit fucked from overdoing it myself. I'm a man with human failings & leave infinite compassion to Jesus! =D)