Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Random Social Chit-Chat v. Illuminati Confirmed

First three episodes of Andor were fucking amazing. Made Kenobi look like hot garbage. Easily the most adult Star Wars series yet.

First three episodes of Andor were fucking amazing. Made Kenobi look like hot garbage. Easily the most adult Star Wars series yet.
I finally started watching The Mandalorian. Only took 3+ years after the initial hype/memes. Figured it was good timing after revisting the original Star Wars trilogy. It's good.

Speaking of re-watching films, I struggle with revisting old favorites vs watching new ones. I was finally able to combine my watchlist from like 2-3 different lists I had going into 1. I have it copied into my clipboard so might as well Ctrl+P here for posterity. I'll probably add another 50 before the year is over.

The Great Train Robbery
Our Hospitality
Sherlock Jr.
The General
Un Chien Andalou
The Bride of Frankenstein
Double Indemnity
Out of the Past
La Strada
The Searchers
Witness for the Prosecution
Rio Bravo
The Virgin Spring
Winter Light
Point Blank
Get Carter
Cries and Whispers
Paper Moon
Chinatown
A Woman Under the Influence
Master of the Flying Guillotine
Network
Last Chants for a Slow Dance
Killer of Sheep
The Changeling
The Elephant Man
Repo Man
Once Upon a Time in America
Platoon
Baraka
Road to Perdition
The Triplets of Belleville
The Corporation
V for Vendetta
Synecdoche, New York
Senna
Samsara
It's Such a Beautiful Day
Your Name.
The Disaster Artist
Honey Boy
The New Corporation: The Unfortunately Necessary Sequel
The Father
Boiling Point
Dune
Bullet Train
Au Revoir les Enfants
Made in Hong Kong
Django
Tokyo Story
Nazarin
The Leopard
Masculin Féminin
Jules and Jim
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
That Obscure Object of Desire
Le Cercle Rouge
Throne of Blood
Shoplifters
Hapkido
Damnation
World on a Wire
Bullet in the Head
The Shop on Main Street
Touchez Pas au Grisbi
A Brighter Summer Day
Battleship Potemkin
Stray Dog
Sonatine
Fireworks
Flowers of Shanghai
Woman in the Dunes
A Better Tomorrow II
Kagemusha
Mind Game
When a Woman Ascends the Stairs
Rolling Thunder
Pretty Maids All in a Row
Being There
The Bridge on the River Kwai
The Year of Living Dangerously
Pather Panchali AKA Song of the Little Road
Warui yatsu hodo yoku nemuru AKA The Bad Sleep Well
The King of Comedy
Marnie
Badlands
Hard to Kill
Touki Bouki AKA Journey of the Hyena
Amazon Women on the Moon
The Kentucky Fried Movie
La cité des enfants perdus AKA The City of Lost Children
Lung fu fong wan AKA City on Fire
Relatos salvajes AKA Wild Tales
The Innocents
Le salaire de la peur AKA The Wages of Fear
Bottle Rocket
Der Amerikanische Freund AKA The American Friend
Thief
Blowup AKA Blow-Up
The Killing
Un condamné à mort s'est échappé ou Le vent souffle où il veut AKA A Man Escaped
Mr. Nobody
Blue Velvet
Rope
Memorîzu AKA Memories
Point Break
Atonement
Days of Heaven
Shi mian mai fu AKA House of Flying Daggers
Beginners
Stagecoach
Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters
The Mechanic
New Jack City
Miller's Crossing
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Microcosmos: Le peuple de l'herbe AKA Microcosmos
Harlan County U.S.A.
Banshun AKA Late Spring
Tsubaki Sanjûrô AKA Sanjuro
Free Solo
The Dawn Wall
The Hit
Enemy
Black Dynamite
Dalkomhan insaeng AKA A Bittersweet Life
Prisoners
Black Caesar
La Battaglia di Algeri AKA The Battle of Algiers
The Yakuza
Profondo rosso AKA Deep Red
Don't Look Now
Stroszek
Sunset Blvd. AKA Sunset Boulevard
Bad Lieutenant
The Night of the Hunter
Ace in the Hole
Bonnie and Clyde
La dolce vita AKA The Sweet Life
La règle du jeu AKA The Rules of the Game
The Red Shoes
Les vacances de Monsieur Hulot AKA Mr. Hulot's Holiday
Vanishing Point
Ran
Shin seiki Evangelion Gekijô-ban: Air/Magokoro wo, kimi ni AKA Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion
American Gangster
La Grande Illusion AKA The Grand Illusion
Sanshô dayû AKA Sansho the Bailiff
Les enfants du paradis AKA Children of Paradise
Ikiru AKA To Live
The Devil and Daniel Johnston
Enough Said
The Florida Project
Cabaret
The Hitcher
Attack the Block
M
Brazil
Mean Streets
Inherent Vice
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Straight Outta Compton
Under the Skin
Delicatessen
King of New York
Ma nuit chez Maud AKA My Night at Maud's
Johnny Guitar
City Lights
Marriage Story
Call Me by Your Name
Paris, Texas
Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
His Girl Friday
Da uomo a uomo AKA Death Rides a Horse
Shurayukihime AKA Lady Snowblood
Okja
Le charme discret de la bourgeoisie AKA The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie
Dogville
Nan Fang Che Zhan De Ju Hui AKA The Wild Goose Lake
Une femme est une femme AKA A Woman Is a Woman
Only God Forgives
The Tree of Life
Ying xiong AKA Hero
The Fall
Il conformista AKA The Conformist
Metropolis
Russkiy kovcheg AKA Russian Ark
Dao AKA The Blade
Nikita AKA La Femme Nikita
Ordinary People
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
The Apple
Man on Fire
Dog Day Afternoon
Songs My Brothers Taught Me
Lola rennt AKA Run Lola Run
Hamilton
The Lighthouse
Videodrome
O Lucky Man!
Neco z Alenky AKA Alice
What We Do in the Shadows
Welcome to the Dollhouse
Inside Out
Tengoku to jigoku AKA High and Low
Qing shao nian nuo zha AKA Rebels of the Neon God
The Rider
À bout de souffle AKA Breathless
Vivre sa vie: Film en douze tableaux AKA My Life to Live
Bande à part AKA Band of Outsiders
Putney Swope
Mouchette
Hardcore
Chelovek s kino-apparatom AKA Man with a Movie Camera
Bob le flambeur AKA Bob the Gambler
Manhattan
Lat sau san taam AKA Hard Boiled
Lawrence of Arabia
Du rififi chez les hommes AKA Rififi
All the President's Men
Shi di chu ma AKA The Young Master
Ging chat goo si 3: Chiu kup ging chat AKA Police Story 3: Super Cop
Trois couleurs: Rouge AKA Three Colors: Red

Wonder how long it's going to take me to go through 600+hours of film if I decide I want to rewatch Buffy the Vampire Slayer instead.

I finally started watching The Mandalorian. Only took 3+ years after the initial hype/memes. Figured it was good timing after revisting the original Star Wars trilogy. It's good.
Yeah The Mandalorian was mad decent. The family friendly nature of it was the only detractor. Many people were also confused by Clone Wars characters showing up, since I guess they didn't watch the cartoon. Great fan service show.

We're 5 episodes into Andor now, and I have to say... I never thought Star Wars could be this good, this adult. It's everything the last few TV series aren't. Idk, for some reason the best movies/tv shows don't revolve around the Jedi. The Clone Wars is an exception but it's also not as adult as Rogue One/Solo/Andor.

Yeah The Mandalorian was mad decent. The family friendly nature of it was the only detractor. Many people were also confused by Clone Wars characters showing up, since I guess they didn't watch the cartoon. Great fan service show.

We're 5 episodes into Andor now, and I have to say... I never thought Star Wars could be this good, this adult. It's everything the last few TV series aren't. Idk, for some reason the best movies/tv shows don't revolve around the Jedi. The Clone Wars is an exception but it's also not as adult as Rogue One/Solo/Andor.
Interesting. When I was watching it, I didn't think, "this is family friendly". Granted, it didn't have the cursing and blood & guts of a 90s HK film but then again, which films in the canon have?

I enjoyed it because it was entertaining. It had a 'space western' vibe. It didn't feel . . . forced. It felt like a show that could exist on its own without the merits of its predecessors, which cannot be said for the newer films.

I am not a huge SW guy (it's all relative when speaking about this series, eh?). So Andor is recommended for casual filth such as myself who has not seen every animated spin-off?

So Andor is recommended for casual filth such as myself who has not seen every animated spin-off?
I would say yes. It revolves around Cassian Andor (introduced in Rogue One, the guy from Y tu mama tambien) but also just generally around some early Rebel efforts during the second or third decade of Imperial rule. Some characters are old canon characters but it's 95% divergent from any other Star Wars stuff I've seen. I guess I felt The Mandalorian was too family friendly due to the cute baby Yoda creature and just the general silliness at times but that's how most all of SW is. It has always been PG aside from episode 3.

So yeah it feels like a really good standalone series, the effects, sets, costumes are all amazing. Acting is better than any other Star Wars stuff I've seen. In order to understand the plot one only needs to have seen the original six films. Hell you could just watch episode 3 and 4 and still know what's going on in Andor.

Kenobi was rather disappointing because they forced this silly side-plot with Princess Leia as a child upon us. Kenobi could have been really good but they opted for mediocrity. So I'm really jazzed to have a good SW show to watch weekly for the first time since the late 2000s.

I would say yes. It revolves around Cassian Andor (introduced in Rogue One, the guy from Y tu mama tambien) but also just generally around some early Rebel efforts during the second or third decade of Imperial rule. Some characters are old canon characters but it's 95% divergent from any other Star Wars stuff I've seen. I guess I felt The Mandalorian was too family friendly due to the cute baby Yoda creature and just the general silliness at times but that's how most all of SW is. It has always been PG aside from episode 3.

So yeah it feels like a really good standalone series, the effects, sets, costumes are all amazing. Acting is better than any other Star Wars stuff I've seen. In order to understand the plot one only needs to have seen the original six films. Hell you could just watch episode 3 and 4 and still know what's going on in Andor.
Cool, I'll have to give it a shot. Probably going to watch the second season of Mandalorian first.

Speaking of Mando, I was randomly spurred to re-watch the Lone Wolf and Cub films and holy, talk about inspiration. Possibly total rip off? lol. Believe me, I understand 'great artists steal' and what not, guess I'm just surprised at the connection, is all. "The Man With No Name" meets "Baby Cart".

Either way, I dig it.

Random Thought: been on a grind house kick lately. How awesome are those trailers?!

Recently picked up a 2003 dvd copy of Black and White in Color (1976). Great transfer and fantastic subtitling. Can't believe there hasn't been a bluray release.

@Mysterier i noticed the Letterboxd link in your signature. I can't believe I've gone this long without something like this. It's going to take me a while to get my profile built up but I'm having fun doing it. I also love having one place to keep a watchlist that will also tell me where to stream it. Do you pay for the premium version? Didn't know if it was worth it or not.

does anyone else have one? I'm having an existential crisis trying to pick my four favorite films.

Last edited:
I've been rating and saving films on IMDb for as long as I can remember, but I rue the over-Amazonification of it in recent years. I imported everything to Letterboxd and might eventually make that the new permanent spot for my purposes.

It was easy for me to pick four favourite films, but they're not my top four of all time. I couldn't possibly make an unchanging and practical determination in that way.

I've been rating and saving films on IMDb for as long as I can remember, but I rue the over-Amazonification of it in recent years. I imported everything to Letterboxd and might eventually make that the new permanent spot for my purposes.

It was easy for me to pick four favourite films, but they're not my top four of all time. I couldn't possibly make an unchanging and practical determination in that way.

that might be a better approach

is there any way to bookmark some of these lists on there? I'm finding tons of stuff I want to go back to but I can't figure out how to save them

It appears you'd need the Pro version to clone the lists. I recommend creating your own list and adding ones in which you're interested directly to them.

Another option is saving the lists to a Bookmark folder in your browser.

Few on this, haven't seen & would like to. Sweetly, done vid on theme ( despite, personal disagreement with much of analysis & agreement on much, also.)

Last edited:
Avatar the way of water is a river without sea.

Fuck Cameron and who made him, why have I remember of him? mk.ultra

So there is the 2nd Dune movie coming out sometime, followed by a TV series that will be aired on HBO Max called The Sisterhood of Dune.

I've been reading Dune: Messiah (movie #2), and excited to see how it will unfold on the big screen.

So there is the 2nd Dune movie coming out sometime, followed by a TV series that will be aired on HBO Max called The Sisterhood of Dune.

I've been reading Dune: Messiah (movie #2), and excited to see how it will unfold on the big screen.
Hey @D's Merry Christmas I hope you're doing well.

There's been at least two Dune movies on the big screen the first one was by David Lynch and had a great cast but is pretty universally regarded as horrible.

Dove Goddess

4 months ago
I'm a former professional Dominatrix and I can confirm that many foot fetish customers look like this. I don't know why, it's like they all share a gene pool

e.g. quentin tarantino lmao.

Last edited:
300x450

french sf / 2016

kinda hops on with one leg hoping for other to stop hurting