• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 416: Morning (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED)

tattoo-graf.jpg

I took this one morning in Florida. I hope it is not too big I forget how to alter the size using HTML.

XOO2y7Qh.jpg

(true story)

I was looking at some Andy Warhol pieces that are up for auction and I take back what I said earlier. Your photo isn't some Andy Warhol looking shit...it's better! Take a gander at the above piece priced at $3,800. It's not a photo, but a lot of his work is nothing more than manipulated photo's. Put your photo on a nice piece of canvas in a nice frame and the only difference is the Warhol name

No, we need a Warhol !! I know this lady and her dad hung out with Warhol.

They were all so sweet too. Back when we needed less boring . . and more exciting.

Some of his stuff is just silly. Like him. But a true artiest !!

Yeh, Warhol was REALLY overrated!
Very cool!

I agree he's overrated and he's to blame...he got greedy. Starting out his work was exciting. People anticipated his next piece. A year later it was like he had an epiphany. He realized he could put anything on canvas and some blue blood would pay A LOT of money for it. That's greed. Money should never be considered when producing true art. That comes later if your lucky and will be determined on honest principles whether it's a five dollar piece or a million dollar piece. One more thing then I promise I'll shut up. The photo piece I attached to the thread with the flowers. He produced that piece with 1 flower and 3 ducks or chickens (always groups of 4) 2 flowers and 2 ducks, you get the point. Why in the hell would someone pay nearly four thousand dollars for something that's been duplicated God knows how many time. That's definitely not art. Hell, that's not even talent!

OK... I'm done now. Damn, I feel 10lbs lighter! Thanks for listening...
My submission...

No, we need a Warhol !! I know this lady and her dad hung out with Warhol.

They were all so sweet too. Back when we needed less boring . . and more exciting.

Some of his stuff is just silly. Like him. But a true artiest !!
We definitely needed a Warhol,. If he had never appeared on the scene Pop Art probably wouldn't exist. He was a commercial painter first working for some of the biggest marketing firms in NY. Warhol never suffered for his art. He was successful from the start because he thought outside the box, and because he had talent. He would never be a Picasso or Govan, and I'm fairly certain he never intended to start an art movement. He was a visual artist. He didn't want to stir emotion with his art, he wanted people look at it and enjoy the color and shapes. A totally different concept for an artist. It hadn't been done before, or at least no one had been successful at until he came around.

I guess that was the Pro's, now here comes the Con's in my opinion. He became so famous, so fast he was into EVERYTHING! Andy Warhol affected nearly every asoect of visual art and film. He produced (or his assistants did) produced art at a level no one had done before. He leaned how mass produce art while working in the commercial art industry. A lot of advertisements done by truly talented artist is highly collectable, but for the most part, it's a way to make a living and that ain't art. Today tons of Warhol art is sitting in wearhouses, the owners hoping for a price increase, and some of it is probably still attached to his estate. The man produced so much that he ran out of ideas so he would change a little something on an old piece and sell it as original.

No doubt he was a talented,, man, but I think greed got the best of him

This lady I know from 'here' has a picture of herself when she was a little kid with her Dad and Warhol. Right on the wall in her hallway.

He was just a very close friend with them and her Dad used to . . . yeah and hang out with Warhol. Nothing bad to say.

He was very nice. They were all just eccentric. Very. :cool: I just giggled a lot. :rolleyes:

This lady I know from 'here' has a picture of herself when she was a little kid with her Dad and Warhol. Right on the wall in her hallway.

He was just a very close friend with them and her Dad used to . . . yeah and hang out with Warhol. Nothing bad to say.

He was very nice. They were all just eccentric. Very. :cool: I just giggled a lot. :rolleyes:
VERY COOL! I can see why you view him so fondly. Were you able to hang onto to anything that belonged to him? A napkin sketch by an artist that popular would probably be worth a lot!