• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Serotonin Pills

sunstroke

Ex-Bluelighter
Is the any drug that produces/ helps the body produce Serotonin better than 5HTP (which i think is crap).
Or can you even get pure Serotonin tablets like Melationin pills. I've seen alot of confusing stuff being sold by research companies like 5h-1, 5h-a7 etc..under serotinonics. r they any good
Thanx
Evil

Taking serotonin won't have any effect as it doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier.

melatonin is a hormone...serotonin is a neurotransmitter...5-HTP is a direct precursor to serotonin...it has to go thru a series of metabolic changes before it's converted into serotonin...and if we had pure serotonin pills/injections then doctors wouldn't have to prescribe antidepressants anymore...

The closet thing to serotonin that can cross the blood-brain barrier is 5-Meo-AMT. It,however, doesn't convert into 5HT(serotonin) so your stuck with 5htp, which by the way I was wondering why do you think its crap?
I mean excess serotonin is not going to get you high or anything, so if you were expecting that then of course you would think it wasn't that great. Just having an abundance of it, doesn't mean its gonna be active. If you suffer from a lack of it, then you can notice a difference.
Love,
Pure
------------------
Intelligence is not best measured by the answers you have but by the questions that you ask

Ahh but having a few tablets of 5HTP could be good after coming down off a pill or two, to replenish your supplies?

what do you mean 5-htp is crap?? 5-htp is what makes seretonin in your brain.. how could u get anything better then that???
------------------
-- "Life is just a dream of the imagination of oneself"
-- "Oh Ecstasy, you got what I need, to make feel allright, and to make me feel nice"
AIM : I See Trails 604

5-htp works. for me personally if i preload on it i roll better, and if i postload with a couple pills i get MUCH less cracked-out. also, if i take it for a few days after rolling, i can roll GOOD in a week instead of having to wait a month. it's good stuff.

If you were to inject seratonin blue lava, you would have to inject it directly into your brain..... So my advice is to stick with the 5-htp

Sorry but i just don't think 5htp is all that, far more of a placebo effect IMO. No better than eating a balanced diet.
And lets not start discussing pre/post rollin cos this post will get its arse locked.
So Can anyone give me an intelligent answer to what these are: (as sold by *igma under serotoninics)
M110 alpha-Methyl-5-hydroxytryptamine Maleate
alpha-Methylserotonin
(±)-3-(2-Aminopropyl)-indol-5-ol , 304-52-9
Off-white solid
5-HT1A Serotonin Receptor
S170 5-HT7 Serotonin Receptor
85036 Serotonin hydrochloride
BioChemika; ³ 98.0% (HPLC) , 5-HT; 3-(2-Aminoethyl)-5-hydroxyindole hydrochloride; 5-Hydroxy-3-(2-aminoethyl)indole hydrochloride; 5-Hydroxytryptamine hydrochloride , 153-98-0

Sorry but i just don't think 5htp is all that, far more of a placebo effect IMO. No better than eating a balanced diet.
And lets not start discussing pre/post rollin cos this post will get its arse locked.
So Can anyone give me an intelligent answer to what these are: (as sold by *igma under serotoninics)
M110 alpha-Methyl-5-hydroxytryptamine Maleate
alpha-Methylserotonin
(±)-3-(2-Aminopropyl)-indol-5-ol , 304-52-9
Off-white solid
5-HT1A Serotonin Receptor
S170 5-HT7 Serotonin Receptor
85036 Serotonin hydrochloride
BioChemika; ³ 98.0% (HPLC) , 5-HT; 3-(2-Aminoethyl)-5-hydroxyindole hydrochloride; 5-Hydroxy-3-(2-aminoethyl)indole hydrochloride; 5-Hydroxytryptamine hydrochloride , 153-98-0