• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Internet Someone tried to hack me today, need some advice

Or you simply click some out of site link and they either figure it out it’s you simply by knowing general location or if it's highly skillful attacker (or in ignorant user) your pc gets infected and pings back attacker. Just one of many ways to find out who’s where.

Or you simply click some out of site link and they either figure it out it’s you simply by knowing general location or if it's highly skillful attacker (or in ignorant user) your pc gets infected and pings back attacker. Just one of many ways to find out who’s where.
My IP address is not tied to my real address. If it was that easy, you would not need to input your address for 911 when using wi-fi calling.

I wouldn't go all hogwild on your router, as its pretty much pointless, not that the security features don't work, its just that you have a router on your own internal network, where most of the questionable traffic would be getting hit at your modem if at all.

Its more a concern of what exactly these social media companies are doing with all of our data, like Tik Tok. Or Facebook.

Anyone with any knowledge of exploits for consumer routers probably doesn't lurk on Reddit :cool:

Last edited:
I wouldn't go all hogwild on your router, as its pretty much pointless, not that the security features don't work, its just that you have a router on your own internal network, where most of the questionable traffic would be getting hit at your modem if at all.

Its more a concern of what exactly these social media companies are doing with all of our data, like Tik Tok. Or Facebook.

Anyone with any knowledge of exploits for consumer routers probably doesn't lurk on Reddit :cool:
Yeah. I deleted my Facebook and my Quora account. I only use Reddit but everything is fake on that account. I mean it’s a dummie email I used for it and name. Everything.

I only use Reddit and bluelight.

TikTok is definitely concerning. I don’t know how true it is but I read that the Chinese government (not people) were using it to spy. I never have used TikTok, but yeah even things like Facebook probably selling our information. Google is notorious for this but they have the best browser protections so kinda hard to stop using chrome.

Write That Down Dougie Payne GIF by Travis

inatead of asking bout hubba bubba in chamomile form you should like I said to you, document yourself. Is for you after all not someone else. Pleasure is in patience, viceversa.

They can't track you by IP, why? IPv4 same as IPv6 is same, only ethic is that v6 encrypts data without sacrifing speed, and in that specific data isn't your blueprint of life but merely a fraction of what user might be, so is random. exactly. In a document published by Microsoft you'll find there's no such thing as universal IP but polished address, USA uses 13 as IP number, most Europe has 140 above, Germany uses 120 too. So IPv4 isnt personal, the one you use there's other 300 people using right now when I type, same with me. IPv6, you'll find your DNS, what it means? DNS are what host internet and even if you use another, in those 40 characters iirc in TeamViewer if happens it can cause a DNS leak and see your actual internet subscription. Encrypted IP's will never exist, what people lie themself with is VPNs and at very least works for 20% of what is, not what isn't.

take an e.g ( example) The ship ( so called, cereal bowl aka hacker) sends a flare ( see in how many bolts your wardrobe is wrapped in) to check a pressumption of lifeboat signs to see who might be resident and since 85% of ethernet does same thing during their time spent here isn't random, they can do it without spending weeks because you do same thing as above floor, more or less.

This being said, nothing on internet is anonymous. Hardware though, something no one said nowadays since 2012.. come with implemented virus protection same as "Spread Spectrum" from AMD which is 3G protection basically for CPU, why I say 3G? if ur old enough you'll know that it make a ruckus, but 4G 5.. doesnt. So is a frequency shielding to prevent computer lag. Same as internet SFTP cables, so on.

Ram still doesnt but nowadays CPU/GPU do.

also remember to use GPU acceleration for FF derivates, Chrome by itself don't enable, but there in about::chrome is a wallpaper of interface, a lot of settings.

I highly advice everyone to still use Gecko and by that "LibreWolf", because you need to stop the chrome propaganda, you cannot have 1 "enigma" GUI, in the world of browsers here the segment is called "Enigma", not "engine". nor graphical engine, and second is that Gecko will forever be disciplined unlike "Blink" powered Google. anyhow.. below

> gfx.webrender.all needs to be converted to "TRUE" and children -- gfx.webrender.software to "FALSE", that way you know that device, desktop in our case use GPU for render instead of CPU, also for security reason.

Please install K-Media Codec from their official website, be careful at copypastas. These are video codecs designed to replace Windows recession to your activity spent on computer, they enhance security too, just download "Mega" pack.

GPU scalling allows up to 120Hz, for those who say it doesn't work, it means you play a undeveloped platform.

Scaling isn't if your monitor/TV is old, GPU process 10x faster data than display scaling. 10

Thank you for asking and thank you for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it’s more or less bs saying my I.P. is not connected to my real location.

It isn’t if you beam data via light on a other side of town inside private lan home made network modified to use mac only after modem but who does that :D

VPN’s are bs more or less too if they aren't home-mad- private but they also wont save you from skilled attacker or inexperienced users

Tor might be good or bad idea, depending on who you are, where and what you do...

whatever, and that's where our port convention ends.

destroyed by Google. I'd recommand LibreWolf which is FF derivate.

LibreWolf is an absolute godsend. x

Enter you're email address in there and see how mainly leaks you're in. I'm in about 12 database leaks with all sorts of information included. That's how people can find you.