• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

the market: stocks, bonds, options, whatever

so, just wondering, does anyone actually ever... you know... use their gold/silver?

or is it just in case society collapses?

but how much use will it really be then?

it's not like everyday folk will be out there in the wasteland with a triple beam in their trenchcoat pocket ready to verify the payment every time they need to hock a sprocket.

i'm banking on there being more demand for liquor in a SHTF scenario. especially those single-use bottles.

we're already familiar with trading for shots of liquor, but not many people can tell the value of some coinage at a glance.

so, just wondering, does anyone actually ever... you know... use their gold/silver?

or is it just in case society collapses?

but how much use will it really be then?

it's not like everyday folk will be out there in the wasteland with a triple beam in their trenchcoat pocket ready to verify the payment every time they need to hock a sprocket.

i'm banking on there being more demand for liquor in a SHTF scenario. especially those single-use bottles.

we're already familiar with trading for shots of liquor, but not many people can tell the value of some coinage at a glance.
Most of the silver I have (that isn't collectible coins) is antique (92.5% pure) sterling silver plates, bowls, silverware, serving platters, candle holders that I bought on eBay over the years

So I can actually use it unlike silver and gold bars. Paid like $360 each for some 13.5" serving platters which was about as much below the spot price as the shipping costs, so pretty much spot price after shipping. They have almost 1,000 grams in actual silver weight and they're worth over $1,000 each now but I can actually use them without caring about damage because they're scrap metal at the end of the day

candle holders, eh?

Scrooge_thought_Jiminy_would_be_taller.jpg

fuck yea - can finally unload these $GME bags.... Part of me wants to see what happens now that they can't *shouldn't be able to* take away the buy button - but greed is what got me last time and had kept me in the read for the better part of 2/3 years. What a feeling to finally be outproducing what a HYSA would've done for my play money account in the same time lol.

I loaded up in my IRA when I rolled over my 401(k) funds so my cost basis in there is fucking nice so I'll probably sell enough to cover my cost and see if this fucking rocket makes it to a moon landing or beyond...

Some of the nicest prices to sell options since the original rally, but I was too busy on Tuesday and then by Wednesday call prices had cratered. :(