• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official NCAA Football 2005 thread

I stand corrected. My line of thinking was connected to the rankings prior to LSU and VT falling, which then the selection would be made by the bowls. It just so happens the game the BCS was heavily rumored to pick for the Fiesta fell right into their lap. Good job VT!

i know its the wrong end of the season to ask this, but how do the rest of you guys follow the season? I'm tired of the free stuff at cbs and espn, and im sure as hell not paying good money for a few extra editorials a week.

Atlas, I've always found FoxSports to have good college football coverage.

They have previews, matchups to watch, and every Friday they have their "Fearless Predictions".

LSU mother fuckers!!!

Wow....I must say that the layoff really made a big diff w/ this team....after playing 11 straight games...

Not to mention, Id have to say im a big time Matt Flynn fan.....Although Miami didnt play that well....This was still Miami that has dominated, at least on defense, all year.....I think Matt Flynn brought some consistency that LSU has been lacking all year....He wasnt exceptional but didnt make many mistakes and capitialized when needed....Thats all LSU needs w/ all of the amazing talent on offense....another Matt Mauck

Wish it would have been a better game.....but nice to see LSU finally play up to its potential:)

Hypnotik1 said:
Worst i think will be

1) Oregon vs. OK

Oregon got fucked....

haha wow.....i was wayyy off.....

and the Pac 10's #2 teamed again failed to make any statement for its conference....

Next year the Pac 10 has no ground for being passed up for an 'At large' bid...

Hypnotik1 said:
Next year the Pac 10 has no ground for being passed up for an 'At large' bid...

How about waiting until next season before saying that? ;) Sure, it's now been a back-to-back years where the No.2 team has fallen on their face in the holiday bowl, but I think it's more an issue of the discredit to the Big 12 prior to the bowl season more than the Pac-10's failure. Oklahoma peaked at the right time, and really should be a 3-loss team since they were robbed at Texas Tech...and certainly I would say Oregon is clearly not the same team without Kellen Clemens, similar to how Cal wasn't the same team last year with both starting wideouts out of the holiday bowl. Even so, a tough loss for the conference still.

a little major conference bowl recap before the big ones coming up in the next few days...

Right now the Big 12's sitting pretty with some strong bowl wins and a 4-2 overall record so far considering they've been dogged all year long.

The ACC isn't off the mark too poorly either sharing the same bowl record as the Big 12, but that LSU loss Miami suffered coupled with the Utah beatdown to Georgia Tech were probably bigger noteworthy losses than say the Oregon/Oklahoma game, which was at least a good competitive game. BC breaking Boise State's home-winning streak was a solid win.

The Pac-10's holding up pretty well even with the Oregon loss at 3-1 overall. I wouldn't say they've faced top flight competition, but you can only play who's put in front of you and in each of the wins, the Pac-10 has played their style of football whereas in the one loss, the Ducks allowed Oklahoma to dictate the pace.

The SEC...nothing much so far with just a 1-1 record. Lots will be told about where they stand tomorrow, but my own feeling about it is they will finish the day right where they started...with a .500 bowl record.

Ahhh the Big 10...all the talk during league play about being the deepest, strongest conference. Once again non-conference is showing the weakness like it did earlier this year...0-3 so far, but with 4 games coming up they have a huge chance to make a rebound statement.

The Big LEast...well they have a chance to make a statement that they belong tomorrow, but so far it's been rough with a 0-2 record.

WV will make a statement regarding the big east tomorrow, but its not going to be a favorable one ;)

Hopefully Reggie Bush is worth a shit in the NFL so the Texans can win more than 2 fucking games next season... Sorry about the random post, but the Texans pissed me off this year. What they need is a whole new offensive line and defense...

(End of drunken message... Proceed with the thread as if i didn't even post cause i will most likely forget i posted)

Bwahahahahaha TAKE THAT Notre Dame fans - Troy Smith was UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

Ohio State Buckeyes celebrate their third straight fiesta bowl victory, the Irish go home as a "contender."

t1_smith_si.jpg

^C'mon BA...you could've at least used a photo from today's game. ;)

The Buckeyes really peaked well this year...the last half of the season has certainly featured the most explosive offense we've seen from them in a few years. There will be a number of holes to fill in the O-line and front 7, but OSU certainly has the playmakers to be something special next season. The Fiesta has quickly become a second home to them these days.

Man...WVA/Georgia was just an unbelievable game to watch. What excitement! The converted fake punt was certainly a tough way to go out for the Georgia fans... but at least it was a great game atlas. The 'Dawgs just found out a little too late how they could hurt the Mountaineers. The last two losses by SEC teams was a brutal way to fall into that .500 bowl record.

The ACC has a bit of a redemption shot with FSU/PSU, though it would seem the Nittany Lions are just too ferocious on the defensive side for the Seminoles to pull the upset. If they do win somehow though, it would be a major boost to a young team filled with potential...something FSU's always had but not realized since the Weinke era.

1...more...day...

at least we won the last three quarters. The first was like watching the florida/georgia game.

You'll never catch me claiming that a team like UGA belongs in the rose bowl. Not in their current state. Now with unpredictability like that bullshit.

I just found out that the Sugar Bowl had a PAC-10 officiating crew.

:p fuck you, LD, and the conference you represent.

Go Penn State!

Hah...they did a pretty good job overall...kept it clean. :D

i just want to say that them texas boys won that game for pimp c (among others)