Positive The Tapering Support Thread v 2.0

but i think that will be easy as I dont wake up and start drinking
I think that’s the secret to not destroying your liver. It gets a break every morning. I drank like that for years (more actually) and never had any problems. Blood tests were always perfect.

Detox ever morning. Start over at night.

I think that’s the secret to not destroying your liver. It gets a break every morning. I drank like that for years (more actually) and never had any problems. Blood tests were always perfect.

If ur concerned about liver health I can’t recommend glutathione injections enough. Stuff is the fountain of youth for liver/organ health.

If anyone’s interested in info I’ll be happy to create a post on the benefits, dosing, and Q&A if anyone has them.
I’m in the welllness field (hormones/peptides/ vitamins/ preventative medicine/ etc). Been doing it for almost 20 years now.

i was on Kratom Red Vein Indo Maaeng Da strain for 2 weeks to get me off lope and didnt realise that after 14 days of taking Kratom I woould need to taper off it so i ran out and just stopped and this week has been hell, not as bad as full opiates but still not good

it is getting better each day though and im only taking 12mg a day of lope to stop the squirts so shouldnt have a problem with that once i feel good, if i ever will

i was on Kratom Red Vein Indo Maaeng Da strain for 2 weeks to get me off lope and didnt realise that after 14 days of taking Kratom I woould need to taper off it so i ran out and just stopped and this week has been hell, not as bad as full opiates but still not good

it is getting better each day though and im only taking 12mg a day of lope to stop the squirts so shouldnt have a problem with that once i feel good, if i ever will
Yep…. Kratom is a lifesaver, but it creates it’s own withdrawal symptoms. It’s like jumping out of a Ferrari on the highway, into a Prius.

Done with my taper but willing to offer my opinions on anything. Once dependent on benzos and opioids at high doses. No longer. Approaching three years for the former, and nearly a year for the latter! Shit can still be hard. I just power through and know that it gets easier with time and healthy uses of my energy. Just one more adversary to conquer!

I feel you, but I will say that I've seen antipsychotics completely transform lives and make them much better. Takes a while of being on them for them to fully work. Like several months at least. Not to derail.
Good job getting of benzos and opiods; seriously I asked my doctor and he said it could take up to a year and a half if I wanted off all that I am prescribed. I don't get hugh amounts, so getting off, of large amounts, great job.

Anti depressants I have heard can take weeks to start working and need a taper to stop using also, is this true?

Also anti psychotics, while they can really help people with various mental health disorders can cause people without these disorders to be zombies( figuratively speaking)?

I

I did the opposite and got chirosis of the liver.

I had begun drinking 24/7 for only a few weeks and nearly destroyed mine. That ended a couple of months ago. I feel fine now
Try doing it for years, if it weren't for all the brain cells I killed, I would probably have more bad memories.

Damn Lyrica.

I hadn’t had any alcohol in about 2 months. Last night I drank a shit load of tequila and went to bed completely sober. Today I have a hangover without even the memory of having fun. It totally sucks.

Damn Lyrica.

I hadn’t had any alcohol in about 2 months. Last night I drank a shit load of tequila and went to bed completely sober. Today I have a hangover without even the memory of having fun. It totally sucks.
I don't drink anymore( allergic) but I always felt cheated if I blacked out. Didn't get to fully enjoy it, the good time and money, and only the bad part, hangover. Blackouts and then hangovers, trust I know about that, it sucks and it's as if you have been cheated on so many levels,🤬

@Squeaky , I hope all the mothers in your life had a wonderful day.
So I made it opiate free for 21 days, and then over did it for my mothers-day gift. Wanted all the screens and windows cleaned. so 5hrs, and my neck and shoulder where totally on fire.
we where all going to dinner , so Hot-tub and 15mgs of hydrocodone !!
I had a wonderful time:doh:

I will get back on the horse today and move forward. I know I am am addict, but my DOC is King Alcohol ( it Inconstantly destroys my Life )
Opiates not so much :no:

@Squeaky , I hope all the mothers in your life had a wonderful day.
So I made it opiate free for 21 days, and then over did it for my mothers-day gift. Wanted all the screens and windows cleaned. so 5hrs, and my neck and shoulder where totally on fire.
we where all going to dinner , so Hot-tub and 15mgs of hydrocodone !!
I had a wonderful time:doh:

I will get back on the horse today and move forward. I know I am am addict, but my DOC is King Alcohol ( it Inconstantly destroys my Life )
Opiates not so much :no:
21 days is enough time that I doubt you could really set yourself back much with one slip-up. It really sucks when it was only a week of withdrawals and then going back to the dope. It’s just wasted suffering.

21 days is enough time that I doubt you could really set yourself back much with one slip-up. It really sucks when it was only a week of withdrawals and then going back to the dope. It’s just wasted suffering.
Thanks!
It really is just 10% physical and 90% mental. The first 10% Does really get my attention!! Yet after feeling better, and the facts of Life, pain and good old ageing , that using looks like a good idea ??

Thanks!
It really is just 10% physical and 90% mental. The first 10% Does really get my attention!! Yet after feeling better, and the facts of Life, pain and good old ageing , that using looks like a good idea ??
For me it’s the constant memory of happiness that drove me back to the drugs. My body not hurting. Not being tired. Etc. I usually didn’t even want to get ‘high’. But it was 24/7 for months, that longing for today to not suck.

Knowing that it was just a few feet away, and that nobody would ever know I had taken my pills made it harder too. It was incredibly difficult to resist. When life sucks that much, and it’s that easy to fix it, the conversation with myself just ran non-stop inside my head.

For me it’s the constant memory of happiness that drove me back to the drugs. My body not hurting. Not being tired. Etc. I usually didn’t even want to get ‘high’. But it was 24/7 for months, that longing for today to not suck.

Knowing that it was just a few feet away, and that nobody would ever know I had taken my pills made it harder too. It was incredibly difficult to resist. When life sucks that much, and it’s that easy to fix it, the conversation with myself just ran non-stop inside my head.
Thank you!
So are you completely off all opiates.
Hows your pain level?

Thank you!
So are you completely off all opiates.
Hows your pain level?
Only Kratom now. I’ve been off daily opiates for about 2-3 years. I did have some Norco’s that I killed in 4 days about 8 months ago. But yes, no opiates now.

Pain level:
It’s interesting. When I was on oxy every day, everything hurt. I had surgery in my lower back, so having pain in my legs seemed legitimate. But in between pills, my shoulders and arms hurt too. Turns out the pills were stopping the pains that they were creating themselves. It took months for those pains to go away.

Today I have pain. I have nerve damage in my spine that causes severe pain occasionally in my leg. I take Lyrica for that and it helps a lot. But my pain is very specific to the place that hurts. The pills would make me feel fine for an hour or two, and then my whole body felt like I had been in a gnarly car accident. And when I ran out of pills it was like that all day.

My Dr says I need another surgery. I’m actually considering doing it without any pain meds after I leave the hospital. Most of the pain from surgery might last a week but the fight to get away from those pills was years.

So I made it through the taper and got this far. I still feel the same but . . .

I am not living out of a bottle of pills all day long and at times I was counting the hours on the clock too.

It was a horrible battle that beat me down. I feel strength now and I know that I have to keep going

everyday. I really have and had no choice. Maybe someday sometime in the future opioid with be a thing

again. I really hope so. But it sure isn't going to affect me as far as having to take another one continuously.

~~~~~~

I just want to get better. Wanted to very badly and I guess I made an effort.

But I am so tapered from any kind of substance that I actually got high as could be from an energy drink today.

Yes, extremely. And I am actually getting even higher from drinking a coke now even though it is only 12 ounces. Actually,

I only did eight ouncz and that's it. Oh yeah . . . . Can you imagine getting high from (reg) a coke a cola. Well it was boosting

the energy drink and I actually had to use mm vapes and or a smoke to stay stable. WoW.

Now I don't have to be a dependent on anything pills or anything that is Norco or Benzo. And I so appreciated all of the phenomenal help too.

What a gift of encouragement and knowledge. Good support and friendship too. wow

When I finally DO ?! taper from these caffeine and energy drinks I will finally be able to just drink only water and I will be

able to enjoy doing so again. I have to. I want to. And hopefully I will. Or I should say it just has to be done. . . . right.!#

However what I am worried about now is if the withdrawing and tapering from my fav d.o.c. and other comfort meds

too are a cause of my headache problems. Even though it is probably a 0%, I really strongly feel right now

that it is a good possibility that it was a trigger. My system seemed to be beat down too bad though to overcome or even compensate for it at this point.

I hope it goes away. My doctor said it only gets worse and not better. But it did get better. A compromise of the immune system.

Like having diabetes because that is debilitating too. But it better not get worse because Norco will help and I am just not taking any.

Maybe it was inflammation from the asprin in it all of those years. I am glad I learned to CWE. There was so much aspirin mixed in \\ it amazed me. So

Norco was

Too good to be true .. so it probably is. I think the aspirin did some damage though. Fckssss !!!!!!!!!!

It's not even sad anymore but . . . just a bit kind of terrifying. And the worst part of it all is the lack of energy, lethargy.

And that I have very very little motivation to accomplish much. I still want to try however. Maybe. But I am convincing myself to.

I just don't know sometimes. And most of the time I just don't want to. If that makes sense. But it's for real. Sigh.

Today I had another pretty good day today. Maybe I am being overconfident. But I hope that it stays this way. Omg.

Maybe I'm just dumb. Probably.

But wow I am working a lot better than I have been in a long while. Getting up and moving around.

I can still keep up a real good pace when I am walking. I walk better than I ever have before in my life.

Probably from walking and riding a lot in the past so I am able to for maybe that reason.

But I even had to quit trying to figure out how to learn to

use a camera and reading Spanish because it actually hurts my brain too much. Now I am really slow and I hurt.

Why is it even worth it anymore . . . . . but I am actually finding ways. I find things outdoors to do. Local. Spending the day

at the Lake ect ect and the Rivers is great fun too. It's bad out there though and I almost died from the sun a few times.

Life is always great . . . until you get burnt. Well and here I am still alive. I don't want to get too confident. But it has hurt

pretty bad. It was my malfunction immunity breaking me down bad. And then quitting Norco all at once. I had to quit three or four times. And had plenty of Norco for back up. Had.

Oh I better go. It is easy to write a lot when you need to vent about having to be forced to taper. ha ha. Bye.

It sure ain't easy. No, Not At All. thnx It's real and I would never have believed it until I really had to quit.

And the necessity of the taper is Real and is there. It hurts .. . . that's why I am venting so. bye agian.

the drugs are so dangerous now . . . i would rather die slow than to get burnt again.

So I made it through the taper and got this far. I still feel the same but . . .

I am not living out of a bottle of pills all day long and at times I was counting the hours on the clock too.

It was a horrible battle that beat me down. I feel strength now and I know that I have to keep going

everyday. I really have and had no choice. Maybe someday sometime in the future opioid with be a thing

again. I really hope so. But it sure isn't going to affect me as far as having to take another one continuously.

~~~~~~

I just want to get better. Wanted to very badly and I guess I made an effort.

But I am so tapered from any kind of substance that I actually got high as could be from an energy drink today.

Yes, extremely. And I am actually getting even higher from drinking a coke now even though it is only 12 ounces. Actually,

I only did eight ouncz and that's it. Oh yeah . . . . Can you imagine getting high from (reg) a coke a cola. Well it was boosting

the energy drink and I actually had to use mm vapes and or a smoke to stay stable. WoW.

Now I don't have to be a dependent on anything pills or anything that is Norco or Benzo. And I so appreciated all of the phenomenal help too.

What a gift of encouragement and knowledge. Good support and friendship too. wow

When I finally DO ?! taper from these caffeine and energy drinks I will finally be able to just drink only water and I will be

able to enjoy doing so again. I have to. I want to. And hopefully I will. Or I should say it just has to be done. . . . right.!#

However what I am worried about now is if the withdrawing and tapering from my fav d.o.c. and other comfort meds

too are a cause of my headache problems. Even though it is probably a 0%, I really strongly feel right now

that it is a good possibility that it was a trigger. My system seemed to be beat down too bad though to overcome or even compensate for it at this point.

I hope it goes away. My doctor said it only gets worse and not better. But it did get better. A compromise of the immune system.

Like having diabetes because that is debilitating too. But it better not get worse because Norco will help and I am just not taking any.

Maybe it was inflammation from the asprin in it all of those years. I am glad I learned to CWE. There was so much aspirin mixed in \\ it amazed me. So

Norco was

Too good to be true .. so it probably is. I think the aspirin did some damage though. Fckssss !!!!!!!!!!

It's not even sad anymore but . . . just a bit kind of terrifying. And the worst part of it all is the lack of energy, lethargy.

And that I have very very little motivation to accomplish much. I still want to try however. Maybe. But I am convincing myself to.

I just don't know sometimes. And most of the time I just don't want to. If that makes sense. But it's for real. Sigh.

Today I had another pretty good day today. Maybe I am being overconfident. But I hope that it stays this way. Omg.

Maybe I'm just dumb. Probably.

But wow I am working a lot better than I have been in a long while. Getting up and moving around.

I can still keep up a real good pace when I am walking. I walk better than I ever have before in my life.

Probably from walking and riding a lot in the past so I am able to for maybe that reason.

But I even had to quit trying to figure out how to learn to

use a camera and reading Spanish because it actually hurts my brain too much. Now I am really slow and I hurt.

Why is it even worth it anymore . . . . . but I am actually finding ways. I find things outdoors to do. Local. Spending the day

at the Lake ect ect and the Rivers is great fun too. It's bad out there though and I almost died from the sun a few times.

Life is always great . . . until you get burnt. Well and here I am still alive. I don't want to get too confident. But it has hurt

pretty bad. It was my malfunction immunity breaking me down bad. And then quitting Norco all at once. I had to quit three or four times. And had plenty of Norco for back up. Had.

Oh I better go. It is easy to write a lot when you need to vent about having to be forced to taper. ha ha. Bye.

It sure ain't easy. No, Not At All. thnx It's real and I would never have believed it until I really had to quit.

And the necessity of the taper is Real and is there. It hurts .. . . that's why I am venting so. bye agian.

the drugs are so dangerous now . . . i would rather die slow than to get burnt again.
Congratulations Kiely!!! You made it out to the other side!

Just don’t lose that fear. It’s surprising how easily the pills can creep back into your life. Do you still have pills ‘saved’ anywhere?