European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Travel Thread - Second Destination

TheSpade

Bluelighter
Btw make sure the shorts you buy are nice lightweight ones which breath well, I made the mistake of buying just anything which looked nice from River Island and they were sweaty as fuck.

First aid and burns kit is mainly for when I'm out on my bike. If I fall and cut my hand up, I need to bandage it up so I can continue to ride, and if I get off on the wrong side of my bike and burn my leg I'm going to be glad I brought the burns kit.
Mossy net not needed if I'm sleeping somewhere with aircon, but when I'm in rural Laos..
Anti-bac gel - doesn't exactly take up any room and is pretty useful at festivals when your hands are filthy and you wanna eat a burger.
Safari style shirt, lol. Well its just this nice light weight cocona and cotton shirt like this one:
http://www.kathmandu.co.uk/Mens/Shirts_&_Tops/11515/Wilden_Shirt_Long_Sleeve_v2.html

Cheers eDDe. I think all the Arab airlines are looking good at present. Have you joined the Guest frequent flyer programme with Etihad? Always worth doing.

I dunno about Spade's 3 set of clothes thing. You spend far too much time washing if you follow that rule, especially as you can easily get through 3 tops in one day!

Fuckin hell that's awful eDDe! =D

I dunno about Spade's 3 set of clothes thing. You spend far too much time washing if you follow that rule, especially as you can easily get through 3 tops in one day!

3 a day? What are you doing with them like?

He's backpacking mate not on a 5 star luxury trip he's not going to have room for much more. Washing doesn't take long, turn tap on, put tshirt under it, wring out, wash done. ;)

Btw make sure the shorts you buy are nice lightweight ones which breath well, I made the mistake of buying just anything which looked nice from River Island and they were sweaty as fuck.

Quiksilver bermuda shorts are the best, the ones with the lower pockets. I actually prefer the ones without the swimming "nets".

3 a day? What are you doing with them like?

You spend a morning sightseeing in 30 degree heat = 1 top
Afternoon mooching around = 1 top
Evening getting pissed up = 1 top

And somtimes you'll need one for CWE ;)

Obv some days will only need 1 top if you are on the beach and doing fuck all. I reckon i had about 7 t-shirts, 1 pair of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts and 1 jumper when i started travelling.

I got a short sleeved version.

Kid, I saw that when booking my tickets. Was going to ask if you had a guest code, but wanted to book asap because last time I dithered they went away lol.
Just joined.

You spend a morning sightseeing in 30 degree heat = 1 top
Afternoon mooching around = 1 top
Evening getting pissed up = 1 top

And somtimes you'll need one for CWE ;)

Obv some days will only need 1 top if you are on the beach and doing fuck all. I reckon i had about 7 t-shirts, 1 pair of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts and 1 jumper when i started travelling.

Or just be a manky bastard and wear the same one all day. It's almost expected of you. ;) :D

There's no way I'd change my top from afternoon to morning though pointless. Would defo but a non sweaty on one for going out at night.

Or just be a manky bastard and wear the same one all day. It's almost expected of you. ;) :D

There's no way I'd change my top from afternoon to morning though pointless. Would defo but a non sweaty on one for going out at night.

Hahaha, I don't like wearing sweaty tops. Plus I like to have a little bit of variety!

I got a short sleeved version.

Kid, I saw that when booking my tickets. Was going to ask if you had a guest code, but wanted to book asap because last time I dithered they went away lol.
Just joined.

Always worth being a member I reckon. Makes an upgrade slightly more likely.

Some programmes are better than others. I remember the old Pan Am one gave members different meals. On a flight to Detroit years ago, we were tucking into steak whilst everyone else had shite. The bloke next to me almost started an argument with the stewardesses, as he was demanding steak as well.

Aye but if you've limited space you've nae choice.

I've got a rather large rucksack...i think it's either 65 or 75l. Bought it in 1997, travelled for a 2 and a bit years with it and have used it occasionally since.

And it was fucking heavy when filled with all my gear, which also included ski stuff for a bit!

Far to big for me to eant to carry about, mines is 25/30litre fully packed on my Euro trip 4-6kg. Can't argue with that.

12 in total Spade.

7 to Abu Dhabi, 1.5 hour wait in the airport, 5 hours to Bangkok.

Direct was £600+ to Bangkok.

I was going to go direct to Singapore for £510 before prices shot up past £800.

Far to big for me to eant to carry about, mines is 25/30litre fully packed on my Euro trip 4-6kg. Can't argue with that.

Not too bad for small trips I guess, but dunno for longer missions.

12 in total Spade.

7 to Abu Dhabi, 1.5 hour wait in the airport, 5 hours to Bangkok.

Nice times I reckon. There is a small bar in Abu Dhabi where you can smoke.