• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

USA TODAY What is liquid heroin? 1.4 metric tons seized in 'astronomical' Oregon bust

Landrew

Bluelighter
Emilee Coblentz, USA TODAY
Mon, February 5, 2024 at 7:03 PM PST·3 min read

Heroin is pictured.

Heroin is pictured.
When authorities announced the seizure of 1.4 metric tons of liquid heroin in Oregon last week, it made national headlines and left many wondering: What is liquid heroin?

Heroin in its natural form is found in the seed pod of opium poppy plants in parts of Asia, Mexico and Colombia, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. The drug is most commonly used in the U.S. by ingesting it as a powder, which can be white, brown or black.

The highly addictive opioid hasn't been widely distributed in its liquid form until recently, according to a rehabilitation center in Los Angeles.

Here's what to know about liquid heroin and the case that is shining a light on the dangerous drug.

What is liquid heroin?​

Liquid heroin is powdered heroin dissolved in water that is then heated and injected, according to the Tampa, Florida-based Clean Recovery Centers, which works helps rehabilitate people who've used the drug. Powder or even pills also can be turned into a serum and easily injected.

The liquid version of the drug crosses the blood-brain barrier faster than other forms, "leading to its intense effects and high potential for heroin addiction," according to Compassion Behavioral Health of Los Angeles.

The heroin metabolizes as morphine that then 'binds to opioid receptors in the brain, spinal cord, and other organs, resulting in a powerful analgesic and euphoric effect."

read more! o_O

Diamorphine isn't stable in solution which is why it comes as dry-amps.

I presume whoever dissolved the H in water didn't know this. I SUSPECT 6-MAC might be more stable.

Odd thing, that's for sure.

Diamorphine isn't stable in solution which is why it comes as dry-amps.

I presume whoever dissolved the H in water didn't know this. I SUSPECT 6-MAC might be more stable.

Odd thing, that's for sure.

The article about liquid heroin seems written by people that don't know what they are talking about.

The news report just says that the heroin was liquid , no mention of water.
I doubt that whoever was moving that much Heroin would use water.

I always find the shit that these "Recovery centers" and rehabs write to try to get traffic and peoples ignorant moms and families to send their kids or loved ones there, so funny. Its always seemingly written by someone thats never touched a drug who just read a dare pamphlet and rewrote it. Ive seen ones on jenkem before... Serious alarmist propaganda on jenkem... Reminds me of the poor kid i was in my first rehab with, parents caught him smoking pot and made him go to a 90 day rehab that was more than happy to take their money. Sending the kid there did more damage to him then anything else. Him talking about his life was super typical teenage stuff. B average type kid who smokes weed every once in a while and plays video games with his boys. Someone talked them into thinking he was horribly fucked

Have you seen that pic? Did you notice how dark that "white heroin" cooked up?

Media bullshiters, you gotta love them

I don't know, but that picture looks more like sodium bicarbonate to me.

Also, who the fuck is that messy with their drugs? :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, who the hell would think it's a good idea to bulk up their drugs with 'liquid' for importation?