Info What happens when a thread is deleted by the thread starter?

dalpat077

Bluelighter
As per the title.

Does the thread immediately get deleted and that's the end of the story? Or does it at least sit in a cache somewhere before it's permanently deleted?

As per the title.

Does the thread immediately get deleted and that's the end of the story? Or does it at least sit in a cache somewhere before it's permanently deleted?

Just as cduggles said mate. If theres something that concerns you or makes you anxious feel free too reach out to a staff member in private to discuss it.

And you wouldn't need to stress we are a reasonable and understanding bunch despite what some may think! 😅

Not worried about privacy at all.

Just wondering what happens if a vindictive OP happens to delete an entire thread where there are other valuable contributions having being made and that are of benefit to the rest of the harm reduction community and other members here. In such a case, and if it be deemed fit by the powers that be here of course, is it retrievable again is all.

Just wondering what happens if a vindictive OP happens to delete an entire thread where there are other valuable contributions having being made and that are of benefit to the rest of the harm reduction community and other members here. In such a case, and if it be deemed fit by the powers that be here of course, is it retrievable again is all.
I know which thread you mean. Don't think OP is going to delete it. He seems to be having too much fun spamming his own thread. Wouldn't be so bad but he's doing it in the HR forums. It should be moved to TL. You did good my friend. You tried to help. Not sure he even wants any help. Not sure he even has a 100mg Xanax habit per day either.

If something like this happens just reach out to one of us and we can take care of it. We'll be able to restore the thread and leave out the OPs posts.

I think I may save some of your posts from the thread as it is invaluable. Hopefully I can collect the data before anything happens if it does. I had high hopes for the guy but yeah, all good info that really should not go to waste.

I think I may save some of your posts from the thread as it is invaluable. Hopefully I can collect the data before anything happens if it does. I had high hopes for the guy but yeah, all good info that really should not go to waste.
Agreed. He has excellent benzo advice. Anyone wishing to taper could have a real ally in dalpat's advice. He can lead you out of hell and to the other side if you listen to him. He would be my go to if I was needing help.

Agreed. He has excellent benzo advice. Anyone wishing to taper could have a real ally in dalpat's advice. He can lead you out of hell and to the other side if you listen to him. He would be my go to if I was needing help.
You've already got the partnership and the corner office! No need to carry on like this! 🤣 🤣 🤣

You've already got the partnership and the corner office! No need to carry on like this! 🤣 🤣 🤣

All kidding aside. People can glean some good knowledge from your threads but they have to be willing to READ all of it and take the good and leave the chaff behind.

Yeah I know .....it is really hard to read your threads in their entirety :ROFLMAO: <3 It took me awhile but I read them now to the bitter end.:ROFLMAO:

I am reluctant to admit it but I actually think are an OK dude. Keep on postin' dude and don't let anyone stop you. ( like you would anyway );)

Keep on postin' dude and don't let anyone stop you. ( like you would anyway )
@dalpat077 I agree fully. Just keep away from ceps and threads about your favourite leader/politician. 🤣

No matter right or wrong, left or putin down, that subforum will bring you down. It did me and my previous profile. Especially keep away when not feeling fully stable. Keep your energy for good work you are really doing in actually helping people. 🙂

Just keep away from ceps and threads about your favourite leader/politician. 🤣
He's doing a stellar job without my help it would seem. Matter of fact he doesn't have to do much i.e. NATO & Co. doing it for him. 🤣

left or putin down,
You are too clever for you own good! Good one! 🤣

Especially keep away when not feeling fully stable.
Ironically: CEPS is the only thing that destabilizes me! If I had $10 USD for every post I've started in CEPS and then changed my mind and deleted the draft or deleted it immediately after posting: I'd be a very rich man! 🤣 Based on the posts that actually do make it through: well. You can just imagine!

OK I have them in email drafts. That took me 45 minutes. (only because I am trying to work on a damn Chromebook and I really dislike it)

But I have @dalpat077 posts and should that thread get deleted I have them saved. Maybe for a blog. But as long as that informative posts exists we should be ok.

He's doing a stellar job without my help it would seem. Matter of fact he doesn't have to do much i.e. NATO & Co. doing it for him. 🤣

You are too clever for you own good! Good one! 🤣

Ironically: CEPS is the only thing that destabilizes me! If I had $10 USD for every post I've started in CEPS and then changed my mind and deleted the draft or deleted it immediately after posting: I'd be a very rich man! 🤣 Based on the posts that actually do make it through: well. You can just imagine!
I am going off-topic, but as the topic is resolved I will just reply to all of your (and mine) posts regarding politics with one of the few texts that I have written in English and think is good enough to actually hare. So this one is for you @dalpat077 (and everybody else, including me, who thinks he is right when discussing politics). Just strip it away from philosophy and apply it when thinking about posting in ceps. 🤣

It goes something like this:

Right?

One day in a little monastery a student of Zen was anxiously pondering about whether he has done the right thing in one of his actions the day before. After his thoughts became so busy that it was unbearable he went to his teacher, explained his problem, and asked:

"My beloved teacher, have I done the right thing?"

-„Right thing for who?“ ...Zen master replied...

...and continued:

-The right thing for one is inevitably the wrong thing for another. Right is always contrary to left and what you are left with then is the conclusion that it cannot be all right - what would be left then?

You are asking an irrelevant question. Rather a selfish one I would add.

You can never know what is the right thing for you let alone what is the right thing to do for another person. In fact, there is no such thing as doing the right thing! Right is done and automatically wrong is done. There is only the doing and it is being done eternally and effortlessly by itself!

Trust Universe to take care of itself and you will be free from any wrong or right ...and left at peace eternally by stopping all judgment in your mind.

The student had no further doubts anymore.

Keep on keeping on. :)

There's a pretty solid rule about bluelight you should probably know if you're worried about privacy.

Once it's posted. It's there forever. Always.

It doesn't matter if you delete it, it doesn't matter if you edit it. Once you hit post, it's gonna be somewhere for the long haul. Whether you can still see it or not.

I dunno if saying this might ruffle some feathers. I hope not. But this is a drug using community and data retention is something people have a right to know about.

OK I have them in email drafts. That took me 45 minutes. (only because I am trying to work on a damn Chromebook and I really dislike it)

But I have @dalpat077 posts and should that thread get deleted I have them saved. Maybe for a blog. But as long as that informative posts exists we should be ok.
On a very serious note: I'm humbled and don't quite know what to say.

Never realized they'd have such an impact.

Truth? And not to sound grandiose. But I've been wondering for the past year, if not for a bit longer, exactly what the fuck it is that I'm still doing on this planet. It's not like I don't have options. And the details are not important. But maybe it's stuff like this that's the reason? As things have turned out: the little bit of good that I've tried to do here from time to time, insofar as harm reduction is concerned anyway, will be the only proof that I ever existed on this planet and possibly my only (arguably worthwhile) legacy. And given the very reason I became a member here: you've no idea just how absolutely ironic that is.

All I can say is thanks. Like I said: I'm humbled.

Last edited:
There's a pretty solid rule about bluelight you should probably know if you're worried about privacy.

Once it's posted. It's there forever. Always.

It doesn't matter if you delete it, it doesn't matter if you edit it. Once you hit post, it's gonna be somewhere for the long haul. Whether you can still see it or not.

I dunno if saying this might ruffle some feathers. I hope not. But this is a drug using community and data retention is something people have a right to know about.
You been reading my gazillions of retracted CEPS posts? 🤣