• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

When and where do you feel the most peaceful?

I'm the most peaceful with a guitar in hand.
Awww yeah. Music is the language of the soul.

well said Cosmic Mist
Thanks for the love irrefutably me :)
Sgt:
I have found that peace with people and society comes from first tolerance, then understanding, then acceptance.
Just have to realize that all people are a product of other people. We feed each others personalities and tastes.
Don't look at the surface of things...search for the root of what people are in their present state...and then apply my 'tolerance/understanding/acceptance' theory (above) to that...the 'root' of our being.
Childhood is everyone's root...and it is in this time that we are involuntarily highly absorbent sponges to the environment we live in....thus a major factor in the creation of the person you will become (and possibly revolt against later in life....then the inner struggle begins)
The chain reaction continues on and on through the time of the human race...but we are steadily making progress and change for the better...and some for the worse.
But with people like me and you (and others of peaceful mind and way of life attainment) here...we will always be making progress.
Think about how easy it is to relate with animals and small children....this is because they haven't the capacity to understand our problems or worries. They only know love and how to recieve it and give it. And really that is all WE ever needed to learn either...but it is our material world that has faded our hearts from the source....thus creating an 'unpeaceful' world.
So now that our minds are filled with many other things aside from love....best thing is to try hard and remember love at all times...and learn to respond with love at all times. Much easier said than done though...
The world will always try and rip you down and out of the way you 'want to be'....have to have a strong heart and foundation that is untouchable by anything in the physical world....IE Love of self (and your god).
[ 25 July 2002: Message edited by: DJSethNichols ]
[ 25 July 2002: Message edited by: DJSethNichols ]

Standing waist deep in a slowly moving river while the only distraction around is the soud of those of the rushing water against the rocks and fishing for some trout.

probably when i'm both physically and mentally detached from the world in general. in that sense, it'd be great to look for enlightenment buddah-style if it wasn't for the realistic side of me tugging and grabbing myself.

I feel and see peace once I lay my one year old daughter down to sleep for the night. The innosence thats on her face, the calm, the sweet and pure. She brings me peace.
TasKman

I feel at peace when I watch things grow in my garden...
Its watching life develop and nuturing it to the best of my abilities.
Also when I hear the heartbeat of my soul next to me. I fall into a dreamless sleep when I am on his chest.
~ReD

That moment when you've just come of the plateau of a psychadelic trip (mushrooms, acid etc.).
You've had so much fun (sometimes) and been through so much psychic drama in the past few hours, you just have this feeling of relief like
"I have emerged from the wilderness."

I find peace in most everything, nature, a loving husband, two beautiful loving children, me reflecting my love towards others, trying to help myself grow threw listening to others, and listening to awesome music,in which so many dj's create, trance transends me into quit peacefulness, and also uplifts to dancing, and creating. The love of God inside me brings me closer to all with love.
Much Peace and Love To ALL

When do *I* feel the most peaceful?
When do I not?
Its about being the most peaceful you can be at all given moments within the One!
Love & Light
Peace, Balance & Harmony
P.S. all beautiful answers here, for those who said while driving - one of the first places I realized I could and would, experience it at will - good stuff people!

ah, thats easy...
dreamworld. im never happier then when im sleeping. is that a cheap answer? cuz its tru! i would sleep 13 hours a day if life permitted but alas we all work or do school or whatever.
when you sleep is the only times dreams come tru... at least your mind believes so at the time.

Wow, I thought I was the only wierd person to find piece in all the things all of you mentioned.
ok, I love the beach, especially in Miami, the beaches are awesome and the sunrise in Miami is beautiful. I find the beach so peaceful, and the perfect place to forget about your daily stress. I also love the drive while I'm stoned, it's one of the most fascinating experiences EVER, especially driving by downtown Miami.
I LOVE Enya, while I'm falling asleep and playing on a cd player while sitting at the beach at night, everyone should try that, it's the most relaxing experience. Although these are my most relaxing places to be, I believe that most importantly you should learn how to find peace in your mind at any time, anywhere. I think that we find peace in certain places because we found peace there one time, so we remember that certain event and time and we like to go back to experience that again, so it's in our mind. So try to find that peace whenever and wherever.

sitting on my couch stoned, playing with my little holland lop bunny. he is the fucking coolest. everyone needs a holland lop, i swear.

I'm generally peaceful on the outside, more tumultuous on the inside. I'm at peace in the bathtub when I can submerge my face and body and just hold my breath.
Playing back a set just recorded. DJing exhausts me and I feel a tremendous feeling of achievement listening for mistakes & brainstorming for ideas, smoking a ciggie or two.
But my all-time favourite is sitting out past the breakers on my board, though I never get to do that anymore :(

Think about how easy it is to relate with animals and small children....this is because they haven't the capacity to understand our problems or worries. They only know love and how to recieve it and give it. And really that is all WE ever needed to learn either...but it is our material world that has faded our hearts from the source....thus creating an 'unpeaceful' world. -DJSethNichols
I can't express how much I would love to be a child forever or an animal.(a bird specifically) I understand we humans are blessed to have the ability to reason, yet many times have I cursed my brain's complexity and yearned to be as simple-minded as an animal. Animals are able to enjoy the simple joys of life without being distracted by the material aspects of this world.
I'm sure many of us have seen the movie 'I Am Sam.' Sam is mentally retarded with the mental capacity of an average seven year old, yet is able to understand the importance of love within the realms of parental necessity. While he may not properly function within society, he is able to love and be loved just as much as, if not more than that of an average individual. This is because within the simple, abstract mind of Sam, love is emphasized to an extent that it is the one and only priority that keeps him alive. Interestingly, and even to my own surprise, as the movie progressed I became almost envious of Sam. He may be a grown man physically, but he is a child inside. He is easily amused as a child would be, and understands and enjoys the most simple, yet important and most fundamental joys in life. I cried like I have never cried before when watching that movie.
I think that movie opened me up to a lot of things that I needed to be aware of. But like Seth said, its much easier said than done.
Love and Light.
[ 05 August 2002: Message edited by: no justice ]

Originally posted by nads:

Playing back a set just recorded. DJing exhausts me and I feel a tremendous feeling of achievement listening for mistakes & brainstorming for ideas.

hehe...feel ya on that :)
Sometimes I will want to burn my mix to CD even if it is way past the time I should be in bed or something...and then I'll want to listen to it that night....it's great. Definatley fulfilling....and then I just want to spread it to everyone for their feelings and reflections on it.
It's how I like to connect with others...through my music.... We should all share art with each other...it's true expression in substance, pass all the BS talk and get down to what really makes your life light.
Well atleast it does for me...hehe.
Music is easily the most peaceful world for me to float in. It is an alternate reality of emotional influence....it can take you places and moods. I feel connected to the artist behind the depiction...it's a very cool thing.

surfing...just me,my board and the ocean.
hearing some trippy acid jazz or reagge and a bowl of weed