• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

why arent research chemicals more available on the street?

nativenick

Bluelighter
not that im complaining mind you i know sources where to get it legally and i really only do it myself and with a selct few people that i know can handle these things. but youd think something like these would gain the attention lsd and mdma have recieved when they came on the scene. tryptamine drugs can be intensely psychedelic drugs and i can see people being frightned by them and not inclined to do it again. but phenethylamines are different imo they to me seem to be very versatile drugs. take 2ct2 for example it can range from a chill feel good euphoric drug with mild eye candy visuals to a full on analytical introspective and generally deep psychedelic. im gonna go out on a limb and assume its ignorance of these kind of drugs to the general population dealers especially (i swear majority of the time i know more about the drugs delers are selling then themselves) and why bother selling these when you have classics like lsd,mushrooms and other drugs like ketamine to sell plus people in general dont sell psychs cuz there isnt much profit in them. or the fact that theres hundreds of them. is it the difficulty of synthesis? possibly the dose sensitivity" i have come across them in pills 2cb, and 2ce are examples but most of the time they say "yo its like tripstacy it fucks you up mayne".

im not expecting all of them to make it on the scene but do you think one of the many phens and tryptamines could become the new mdma, or lsd.

personally i think its for the best the last thing we need is 13 year olds oding on this shit and causing unwanted attention. im just basically surprised the media hasnt gotten a whiff of these and made a big stink me thinks its only a matter of time lets hope these do stay underground though

Personally I think it's a good thing; too many people get fucked up being stupid with drugs that there is plenty known about (like LSD). Now throw in a drug that has very little known about it and voila, you have people popping their clogs all over the place.

Some will eventually become street drugs (like 2C-B), but hopefully by that point there would be more info available to potential users and medical staff who have to deal with episodes of drug stupidity

I think the main reason right now is that it is hard to sell something that people have never heard of. Plus, the names of numbers and letters seem to scare some people off. I'm not sure why, but they want a nice name like ecstasy. When they hear a name like 2c-e or 4-aco-mipt they are turned off. I myself like that because it gives you a much better idea what this chemical is rather than some random pill called ecstasy. As f&b said, eventually some of these chemicals will become better known and available. I think it is inevitable that 2c-b will become more popular and available as it is very recreational for a psychedelic with as pronounced visuals and little to no bodyload/hangover.

I think it is because of the steep dose response curve. Most people dont have MG scales if some RCs hit the street im thinking like 2c-t-7 it would be a disaster of epic proportions. The classic phycadelics are physically safe (mushrooms LSD) RCs are a whole different ball game.

drew345 said:
I think it is because of the steep dose response curve. Most people dont have MG scales if some RCs hit the street im thinking like 2c-t-7 it would be a disaster of epic proportions. The classic phycadelics are physically safe (mushrooms LSD) RCs are a whole different ball game.

Not to mention it is a pain in the ass making up like 100 doses that are 25mg on the dot. It takes a while. Plus a lot of people are skeptical about buying a little bit of powder at the bottom of a gelcap.

Where you from dude? over here in merry old england 2c-e isn't too uncommon, theres a few guys I know of in my town who sell it. And it's also pretty big in norfolk..

Most people don't even know what a 2c-majigger is haha.

i've been seeing a few RC's popping up here and there 2-cb for exsample

Last edited:
i live in a city 2ce and 2cb have come up every time they have they were in caps
ive heard of 2ci and 2ct7 croping up too

no locations dude-swilow

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen methylone turn up as an MDMA replacement when the quality of MDMA fell through the floor and seen enough 2C-B pills for a lifetime. That's about it though - everything else is very sporadic.

Of course there are the odd unexpected cases that turn up (like getting an RC on a blotter when you were expecting LSD), but I don't think that's what the OP's on about

Pretty much the only "RC" I've encountered on the street as such is 2C-B and DOx. Though I do know that AET was sold in the early nineties as an MDMA substitute. I agree with F&B, I rather that it stays off streets. Then again, some online idiots would sell street drugs so I dunno if theres much differece...still, you are more likely to get what you asked for via a 'legitiamte' source then some street dealer.

edit: DONT TALK ABOUT WHERE YOU LIVE, WHAT ARE ETC. NOT NEEDED- SWILOW

yo its like tripstacy it fucks you up mayne

Um.....what on earth is tripstasy? In my experience, its just 2C-B.

swilow said:
Um.....what on earth is tripstasy? In my experience, its just 2C-B.
tripstasy is what street dealers call drugs like 2c-b/i/e I think in part because if you do a little research on these chems thats the first impresstion you get(that they are like a combo of extacy and lsd)

also MDA is often called tripstasy as i have never encountered 2c's in pill form but have heard the term being thrown around.

Yeah, enough people manage to kill themselves with well studied shit like alcohol or meth or heroin; the last thing we need is someone thinking that theres no way that tiny bit of powder will work and eating 20:!

its only a matter of time till some people end up revealing the ld-50 of phenethylamines and tryptamines and i think that will halt a lot of rare tryptamine and phenethylamine production

i do see 2c-e, b, and i always being around though

^Thats only if they hit the streets as such. For most of these chemicals, the time invested in procuring them is a turn-off, so most people (unless they are superdooper keen) wouldn't bother. Which is, all in all, good. :)

Research chems are very common on the street...its just the fact that everyone is pretty much trying to throw it out as traditional things. Like mescaline pressies...lol

2C-B will become a street drug. I'm not so sure about the rest, their synthesis is more involved, or they are less recreational.

2C-B has become a street drug but it's still uncommon compared to more known street drugs. It's around...

MattPsy said:
2C-B will become a street drug. I'm not so sure about the rest, their synthesis is more involved, or they are less recreational.

As mentioned, it already has, just not in overwhelming amounts