• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

why arent research chemicals more available on the street?

Yeah, for the first time ever in my life a dealer offered me 2C-B and 2C-E as is. Usually people would try to say it is something else, but hey maybe I'll check them out....and as stated earlier it seems like I know more about drugs than the people who deal them.

^Which is a problem if you still buy the shit....I guy I buy pot off claimed to have had a mescaline-salad in the city...anyone heard of mesclun salad mix???

Mesclun is a salad mix of assorted small, young salad leaves. The mix varies depending on the source, but it may include lettuces, spinach, arugula (rocket), Swiss chard, mustard greens, endive, dandelion, frisée, mizuna, oak leaf, mâche, radicchio, sorrel, and/or other leafy vegetables. Mesclun is good up to 5 days in a plastic bag. Wash and blot dry just before using. The name comes from Provençal (Southern France)—mescla, "to mix"—and literally means "mixture".

:) Dealers aren't that likely to know their product just because they sell it.

mesclun salad blend does exist.
I call it spring mix
there is no relation to mescaline.

they are both very satisfying though ;)

Not sure whether this is better suited to BDD or DC…

They're not more available on the street because there's only a very small niche market for them. Simple as that.

most people have never heard of them, and most that have heard of them don't want to deal with the risks involved. hence, not a very large market when compared to most other drugs. hell psychedelics in general have a pretty small market, so it would make sense specialty psychs wouldn't be very popular

2c-b is SOMEWHAT heard-of in the rave scene where i'm from, & i have seen it sold at parties before.

Street?

As in a corner, no, there's probably not research chems there and I don't think there ever will.

Anyways, I've gotten 2ci and 2ct-7 before but there nothing near being common. I'm the only person that I know that has done them.

Last year, when I was living in the (American) Midwest, the kid I was copping my dope from had half a sheet of DOI that a friend of his had laid.

"It's like acid," he told me, "but it lasts a lot longer. Some people I've given it to like it more than acid. And some........ don't"

He gave me a few hits when I moved away, but I've always been scared to try them. Not even sure where they are, anymore, actually.

I hope they were telling people it was DOI, and not LSD. 8(

Roger&Me said:
They're not more available on the street because there's only a very small niche market for them. Simple as that.

That's pretty much as clear and accurate as the answer to this can get.
Lack of a big market = Lack of chemists producing the substances. Low demand will always equate to low supply in the drug world (but high demand doesn't necessarily mean high supply unfortunately).

As for 2C-B, it's already passed its prime in terms of popularity and usage. Its highest point was in 1995 right before it's scheduling was announced and it made illegal. Back then it could be found at 'most' raves in certain areas (especially the west coast) and people really did call it "Nexus" or "Bees" or other obscure terms.

But it wont die out either, probably not ever (in the near future at least). It'll stay constant with small periods of fluctuation depending on who's producing it.. right now Id say its more popular than it was 3 years ago, but it's not like it would blow up into the mainstream. Not without a new name, a new marketing scheme for it, and a propagating figure (i.e. Tim Leary).. lol. Sounds like a commercial advertisement but it's the same for the drug world :)

Alot of people are posting the right things people don't know what it is they complain, the price is to high, is it real, blah blah, ghb would be a prime example of that

I think 2cb is getting more popular, over the past year i keep running into it at parties. In my home town there are a few people who sell it from time to time, and when its around people gobble it up. Generally people like the fact that it always works, and theres like no hang over, as opposed to the shitty rolls that come through town which may or may not get you high, you may have to take any where from 1-3 of them to get there, and generally the hang over is rather unpleasant. I don't think 2cb is considered an RC though, erowid doesn't label it as one, and there was quite a bit of underground research in the therapy community in the late 80's / early 90's.

oh also 2cb seems to be ruffly as available as LSD at the large midwest massives I've been to over the past year.