• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why I don't recommend smoking weed everyday

I had quit smoking weed for the water soluble THC products 2 years ago especially Emprise hypernova nano drops.
then I discovered that I love blackberry cream Foray disposable vapes.
then I found that the vapes make my lungs feel too heavy BUT 3 days off of the vape and my lungs feel ready to go again.
even if I use a few drops every day which I do feel and enjoy, one or 2 blasts from the vape every few days is like the first time, an explosive expansion of mind.
even if I had drops that day and even if I had a microdose.

but smoking or vaping daily lacks luster and that luster does not come back without a break.

, but I wanted to share because I see a lot of people preaching the gospel about daily weed smoking like it's the best thing ever. In my case it wasn't.
Hey WB, you would hate me and my daily kratom/cannabis use. :) But actually like you I dislike others preaching what I should do just because it works for them. I know I have read posts of the "miracle plant" people for cannabis and kratom. That does annoy me. I have not met any but I imagine some of the younger people are like that. I think from the skin in people should make their own decisions. Now I say that yet take a drug like alcohol, (or any drug). As soon as it starts affecting others then it is no longer from the skin in. An alcoholic who is drunk driving his kids around has gone beyond that person's own choices. Opinions are one thing, but some of these situations can be far reaching.

I don't know where the line is. I have been using cannabis every day for so many years with some breaks. I had a two year break once. It helps me sleep. And from what I understand here at BL if a person only needs cannabis to sleep then they are sort of better off than taking sleeping pills or benzos. Cannabis does not work for everyone that way. I also used it to stop smoking cigarettes 30 years ago.

But yeah, I'd like to meet the people you know that give kratom and cannabis a bad name. I am so disciplined, same amount of kratom at the same time everyday and only smoke cannabis once after dinner and once before bed. But that is my regimen, People have find what works and allow others the choice of what works for them..

Yes that’s possible but I’d argue even with bud you can go down the rabbit hole if you smoke daily. The gram a day habit becomes an eighth which then becomes a quarter, etc
I don't think it necessarily follows. Even when I have plenty I rarely vape more than a gram a day, this being a habit I picked up almost 40 years ago, I don't think I'm heading for eighths to quarters in a day any time soon. I can't go more than 24-48 hours without though, haven't had to for years and can't manage it through choice alone. I'm away to fetch my vape...

I am so disciplined, same amount of kratom at the same time everyday and only smoke cannabis once after dinner and once before bed. But that is my regimen, People have find what works and allow others the choice of what works for them..
I used to do that with kratom, then stopped it and got unbelievably sick for two whole weeks. I blamed kratom and the weird thing was that it was like opiate withdrawal except that taking kratom didn't cure me of it once it had gone on a day or two and I realised I'd not had kratom. I still don't know what to think about that.

I used to do that with kratom, then stopped it and got unbelievably sick for two whole weeks. I blamed kratom and the weird thing was that it was like opiate withdrawal except that taking kratom didn't cure me of it once it had gone on a day or two and I realised I'd not had kratom. I still don't know what to think about that.
Hmm, that is odd. You would think any drug would cure its absence. Maybe you had another virus too?

I still think kratom is only for people that it will help. Not for any average joe. I get withdrawal of course but I also come from the land of heavy hitting. So it treats me lighter somehow. But my wife use to shovel in kratom all day long for 6 years. Opiate naive. She was surprised that it was somewhat of an ordeal to stop and it took 10 days to even get her energy back. But in the land of heavy hitting 10 days is nothing. But was enough that when she stopped in 2012 she never looked back.

Once of the things about cannabis legalization is a whole new set of folklore coming out. We did not care what our sack of buds was called as long as it got you high. And the CBD thing annoys me in only that the notion was to separate the high out of it, and to me the high, the insight and realization is part of whatever healing a person needs. It was a puritanical move and always annoyed me. But it has it's proponents.

Hey WB, you would hate me and my daily kratom/cannabis use. :) But actually like you I dislike others preaching what I should do just because it works for them. I know I have read posts of the "miracle plant" people for cannabis and kratom. That does annoy me. I have not met any but I imagine some of the younger people are like that. I think from the skin in people should make their own decisions. Now I say that yet take a drug like alcohol, (or any drug). As soon as it starts affecting others then it is no longer from the skin in. An alcoholic who is drunk driving his kids around has gone beyond that person's own choices. Opinions are one thing, but some of these situations can be far reaching.

I don't know where the line is. I have been using cannabis every day for so many years with some breaks. I had a two year break once. It helps me sleep. And from what I understand here at BL if a person only needs cannabis to sleep then they are sort of better off than taking sleeping pills or benzos. Cannabis does not work for everyone that way. I also used it to stop smoking cigarettes 30 years ago.

But yeah, I'd like to meet the people you know that give kratom and cannabis a bad name. I am so disciplined, same amount of kratom at the same time everyday and only smoke cannabis once after dinner and once before bed. But that is my regimen, People have find what works and allow others the choice of what works for them..
It becomes more of an issue when it becomes an all day thing, which is what it was with my friend group in Seattle. Part of it I believe is because it was one of the first states to legalize it and it was almost encouraged to smoke weed all the time, so people became desensitized to it. Personally I witnessed each one of my friends fly off the handle when they didn't have weed for a while, in fact some of them would bring edibles on the plane while traveling to avoid the withdrawal as much as possible. I know that sounds ridiculous but that's what they did. When my friend and I were traveling to Atlanta to a festival, he didn't have weed for around twelve hours and had a full blown panic attack in the car. So that really changed my perspective.

I saw many people at this kratom/kava bar I'd go to in Tampa who were there everytime I went, often drinking more than four larges of the strongest strain. The owner of the store drank it all day and sure was not the brightest in the morning before he'd had it. This led me to believe it was more habit forming than some would like to admit.

I recognize some are able to use responsibly with minimal issues and those who use all the time likely have somewhat of an addictive personality. In your case, considering many people take things like ambien to sleep, it's probably not a big deal that you use cannabis primarily for that purpose. I was mainly referring to the people who light up every morning and are stoned until bedtime, and even have to smoke during work. Same deal with kratom.

Hmm, that is odd. You would think any drug would cure its absence. Maybe you had another virus too?

I still think kratom is only for people that it will help. Not for any average joe. I get withdrawal of course but I also come from the land of heavy hitting. So it treats me lighter somehow. But my wife use to shovel in kratom all day long for 6 years. Opiate naive. She was surprised that it was somewhat of an ordeal to stop and it took 10 days to even get her energy back. But in the land of heavy hitting 10 days is nothing. But was enough that when she stopped in 2012 she never looked back.

Once of the things about cannabis legalization is a whole new set of folklore coming out. We did not care what our sack of buds was called as long as it got you high. And the CBD thing annoys me in only that the notion was to separate the high out of it, and to me the high, the insight and realization is part of whatever healing a person needs. It was a puritanical move and always annoyed me. But it has it's proponents.
I'd been behaving myself for a great many years, raising kids, avoiding law-breaking in general, then someone gave me cbd drops under my tongue. Wow, shit I'd missed that taste, my brain wasn't letting up until I gave in. That was only four years ago, not looked back, but didn't go for the overpriced CBD drops, lol. I think everyone should be allowed to chose their own medicines. For me, I had hash from age 12 until 24, well actually after that I had nearly a quarter in the back of the drawer for years unsmoked so I've always had it since, it's a relic now, about an eighth left of genuine nineties hash, lol, I bet it's so weak by now it's legal :ROFLMAO:
I did wonder if it was a bug and not withdrawal, but I've done opiate withdrawal before and it was damn close.
Point being, cannabis always was addictive and my non stop daily use for a couple of years in my twenties meant it was lying sleeping in my brain, probably keeping my alcohol addiction company so I don't wake that demon these days, but the sweet little canna-demon woke with the CBD drops and is very suitable for the aches and pains of increasing age and I'm much more stable mentally than I was back then too, so nothing bad about it, my doctor tells me slow down, I'm causing injuries, so how do I slow down? Vape some flower, every day, that's how.

Last edited:
It becomes more of an issue when it becomes an all day thing, which is what it was with my friend group in Seattle. Part of it I believe is because it was one of the first states to legalize it and it was almost encouraged to smoke weed all the time, so people became desensitized to it. Personally I witnessed each one of my friends fly off the handle when they didn't have weed for a while, in fact some of them would bring edibles on the plane while traveling to avoid the withdrawal as much as possible. I know that sounds ridiculous but that's what they did. When my friend and I were traveling to Atlanta to a festival, he didn't have weed for around twelve hours and had a full blown panic attack in the car. So that really changed my perspective.

I saw many people at this kratom/kava bar I'd go to in Tampa who were there everytime I went, often drinking more than four larges of the strongest strain. The owner of the store drank it all day and sure was not the brightest in the morning before he'd had it. This led me to believe it was more habit forming than some would like to admit.

I recognize some are able to use responsibly with minimal issues and those who use all the time likely have somewhat of an addictive personality. In your case, considering many people take things like ambien to sleep, it's probably not a big deal that you use cannabis primarily for that purpose. I was mainly referring to the people who light up every morning and are stoned until bedtime, and even have to smoke during work. Same deal with kratom.

yea that dude having a panic attack needs to get a grip - that's not normal

i saw you made a thread about your own daily opiate use? you better get a grip too before i start slapping you around this forum - don't be stupid - cut that shit out....and you're over here going on about pot withdrawals? dude.....

i moved to seattle right before they voted to approve medical in 98.....i never felt like it was encouraged to smoke weed everyday even tho i already did...it was still no different than NYC, which is where i came from - so idk about all that.....maybe that was just your circle of friends? that's sure what it sounds like

I wonder how people smoke all day. If nothing else my lungs would be hacking up black stuff all day. I have to limit myself to about 6-8 puffs a day. I wonder how people smoke joints all day long.

Also getting high for me is like going from A to B. If you are at B all day there is no transition from A to B so nothing happens.

I wonder how people smoke all day. If nothing else my lungs would be hacking up black stuff all day. I have to limit myself to about 6-8 puffs a day. I wonder how people smoke joints all day long.

Also getting high for me is like going from A to B. If you are at B all day there is no transition from A to B so nothing happens.
I've tried to persuade myself how good it would be after a tolerance break, done it once three days and I was a weightless roller coaster when I had that first few vapes, that was long ago, I'm still thinking tomorrow would be a really good day for that.

yea that dude having a panic attack needs to get a grip - that's not normal

i saw you made a thread about your own daily opiate use? you better get a grip too before i start slapping you around this forum - don't be stupid - cut that shit out....and you're over here going on about pot withdrawals? dude.....

i moved to seattle right before they voted to approve medical in 98.....i never felt like it was encouraged to smoke weed everyday even tho i already did...it was still no different than NYC, which is where i came from - so idk about all that.....maybe that was just your circle of friends? that's sure what it sounds like
I never mentioned anything about daily opiate use. I asked how reasonable it was to use responsibly since I have used on occasion. Not sure where you got the impression I was daily user. I recognize it may have been silly to ask such a question, but obviously it was out of concern to not want to develop a daily habit of it. I understand it's not a good idea to really use it at all, according to other anecdotes. But I figured it didn't hurt to ask others experiences.

I never mentioned anything about daily opiate use. I asked how reasonable it was to use responsibly since I have used on occasion. Not sure where you got the impression I was daily user. I recognize it may have been silly to ask such a question, but obviously it was out of concern to not want to develop a daily habit of it. I understand it's not a good idea to really use it at all, according to other anecdotes. But I figured it didn't hurt to ask others experiences.

Ok good - sorry about the misunderstanding.....tell yourself those things are garbage even if you do like them - that's your best bet :cool:

No problem, I've gathered that playing with opiates is an extremely dangerous game and something I ought to steer clear of.

cool....and i don't like to preach to others because i know you can tell ppl whatever you want and they're still gonna do whatever they want - but i also felt like i should say something to you at the same time because you seem a little unsure

:cheers:

These issues escalated in intensity the more I smoked, to the point where I needed weed 24/7 to avoid being in very bad shape.
Exactly the opposite happened to me when I switched from Cannabis to Noid's.

Noid's are heavy duty stuff , but their half life is worthless. My ritual was tokin 3/ 5 times a day. On Noid's, excluding the heavy duty ones like contained in some prepared product's. I was sober most of the day. In between the intense high's.

And still gettin my 3 to 5 times a day hit. Now aday's I would never mess with these chemical´ s. Not worth it!

weed even with or without drinkin water gives you more vulnerability to tooth decay and from that you're forever fucked, teeths are the most expensive object in the world
Couple grand every few years? I spend more on my car/driving, food.. Hell dentistry is right at the bottom of lifes costs tbh. I have to get a tooth pulled soon as it broke in half last week. 300$ and last time I had stuff done was a filling for a similar cost 2 years ago.

Pretty sure most people spend more on shoes than they do on their teeth yet will happily complain dentistry is too much..

I must not build a tolerance with weed. Wish it was the same for opiates. I've been smoking for close on 30 years and can stop for a week or 2 and not notice anything. I smoke the same amount i did years ago and still get high.