• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Worst drug to get addicted to ..

I forgot to mention

Meth is also very addictive. It's cheap, and prevalent in the SW.

and not to mention, tweaker's will do anything for that shit...

heroin - well mostly any kind of opioid but for me at least smack gets first prize
others that are pretty hard to kick are alcohool and benzos.
i never really could understand a coke or meth addiction, mainly bc here where i live...coke is pretty hard to get,crack and meth mostly impossible...and speed...yea...we get shitty speed, i mean c'mon we don't even get frickinn methylphenidate :( so a 'upper' addiction would be close to impossible :))

Last edited:
My vote goes to the user's favorite drug of choice. This is obviously the most addicting and hardest to come off of for the user... the DOC!

XxParadoxX said:
My vote goes to the user's favorite drug of choice. This is obviously the most addicting and hardest to come off of for the user... the DOC!

i agree.

burn out said:
what bodily harm do benzos do? how are they worse than alcohol and crack in terms of bodily harm?

As I believe someone has said already, you can actually die from benzo withdrawals.

Spurs_1882 said:
It's the only drug I've ever had a problem with, so I'm biased, but I'd say alcohol is certainly one of the worst.

- You can die of the withdrawals
- It's extremely bad for your health; you will die if you keep it up for a long time
- You can't function on it as well as you can with opiates. After a while of being an alcoholic, you either can't function because you're in withdrawals, or because you're drunk. It becomes harder to tread the line between the two and keep well enough yet sobre enough to hold down a job (I've never got to that stage though, this is based on what I've been told)
- When you quit you are reminded of it constantly due to its social acceptability, and the fact that it pervades every avenue of Western society

I'm not saying it's worse than heroin or meth or crack or benzos because there's other disadvantages to those. But it's not to be taken lightly.

That's a pretty convincing argument. I'd have to agree.

crack.. psychological addiction is alot different than psychical addiction though dude. crack is fucked up tho.

Based on the physical withdrawal alone, I'm gonna say methadone (just what I've been told by ex-junkies). Based on the psychological addiction I'm going with either the strong stimulants (meth/crack etc) and the strong opiates (gear/morph/fent/oxy etc).

Alcohol is bad, but there are also many good treatments available to treat the addiction--very very rarely people actually die. Opiate and stimulant addicts generally have a higher rate of relapse as well, suggesting the drugs have a stronger hold on them.

I`ve been only Addictet to Opioids and Crack,
but i "guess" the addicton to Gbl. is more horrible and deadly!

Methamphetamine. I have seen it ruin people's lives. Made me very unstable for 2 years after abusing/binging it over the course of a year.

i also forgot about alcohol. i have never been addicted to alcohol though but being able to die from withdrawls must suck.

dtugg said:
As I believe someone has said already, you can actually die from benzo withdrawals.

you can die from alcohol withdrawals too, so i ask again, how is being addicted to alcohol less physically harmful than being addicted to benzos? where are all the cases of benzo addicts dying from cirrhosis of the liver, heart disease, pancreatitis, gastritis and all the other terrible things alcohol does to you? keep in mind the original question was "which drug is worst to get addicted to" not which is worst to withdraw from, although i guess they are somewhat related. but i was taking it to mean, if you had be addicted to drug, which would be the worse and i honestly don't think it's benzos or opiates as (from what i understand) they don't destroy your vital organs as badly as alcohol.

Last edited:
i think theres many different aspects to take into consider regarding what would be the worst drug to be addicted to. Not just withdrawls, but the social effects too of course. Alcohol is a horrible thing to be addicted to, but if one can maintain daily composure, someone could easily maintain their addiction without most people batting an eye, since the substance is so socially accepted.
I have some personal experience with a long-term cocaine addict. I think the worst thing about this would definetly be the social effects. When shit got really bad, he got a divorce to a wife of 12 years, and has sold/pawned so much stuff, as well as pretty much having all ties cut off with what used to be his closest relatives. He has how ever been able to maintain most of his career perse, as he is a self-employed musician and is still able to go out and play everynight, but having your family that you love torn from you because of your addiction is a horrible thing.

Although not a drug, if you get caught up and hooked on this particular rush, it will be more expensive and costly than any drug out there:

the gambling rush

I feel this is the worst addiction you can get caught up in. You can be addicted to meth, but at least you'd still have some cash in the bank. I don't know exactly who said this, but some celebrity who had a gambling addiction once said that he would have been better off had he been a heroin addict.

scatterbrain said:
Although not a drug, if you get caught up and hooked on this particular rush, it will be more expensive and costly than any drug out there:

the gambling rush

I feel this is the worst addiction you can get caught up in. You can be addicted to meth, but at least you'd still have some cash in the bank. I don't know exactly who said this, but some celebrity who had a gambling addiction once said that he would have been better off had he been a heroin addict.

i have never understood the appeal of gambling addiction. drugs make you feel so much better. they directly activate the pleasure circuits in the brain, unlike gambling which only does it indirectly. plus drugs can produce such a wide range of experiences since there are so many different ones with different affects, while gambling is just gambling.

I'd have to say meth. Alcohol would be bad too b/c it's so easily accessible.