• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Min effective dose, oral opium

spyfish

Bluelighter
Bought a gram of opium on DW, has good reviews. What should is tart wioth for pain relief oral dose?

I bought to try something other than Oxycodone which gived me horrible depression so i avoid taking it. Its what they throw at me here for mt spinal issues. (failed surgery, damaged nerve)

Not much tolerance, 10mg Oxu slow release gets me significantly "high". Heck even 50mg tramadol is significant (I clearly have the enzyme)

The Opium is rock hard. Was thinking to try 0.1 g dissolved in hot water? Or should i do a tiny allergy test first?

I dont take pain meds daily, but sometimes i need a break from the pain. Not naive to opiods/opiates, been taking them occasionally for 20+ years, but never raised my tolerance much.

Highly variable. Could be 20% morphine or 4% start low.
Edit: is it refined? If so it could be (aprox) 40-60% morphine

If we are talking raw, regular average 10-12% morphine, and your pain isn't that bad, then 0.1 g could help, but If your pain is bad I would go for 0.2 g.
If that opium is refined or, even being raw, it comes from certain pharma strains, things are different. Just what Daturetard said, start low.

Oh, keep in mind that oral opium lasts forever, much more than ER pharma formulations.

0.1g at most I'd say, don't redose. I'd also say don't dose more than once weekly

See how that affects you, then next time act accordingly with reference to your first time, add or subtract as need be.

Thanks guys, sounds like i need to take a tiny “allergy” test first . No idea if it’s refined or not. Its black and rock hard.

Thanks guys, sounds like i need to take a tiny “allergy” test first . No idea if it’s refined or not. Its black and rock hard.
I would bet it isn't refined. Rock hard means ageing opium, during the first months it's soft, it's more like hash in your hands (but not that sticky).
If you break it does it shine? The less shining the older it is. Opium gets better (less water) during some years

why not smoke it?
Because smoking opium is a waste. It's very exotic and appealing, it tastes and smells sweet and godly, but it's a fucking waste. Not to mention people don't often have proper smoking devices, oriental pipes, persian vafoor... people here don't care to refine it into chandoo(ish) and just toss it on foil and waste it. I have seen it again and again. People just grew up reading and hearing about old time smoking dens and want to try for themselves. I know it cause it was also my case the first times I came across opium, I wanted to try and smoke it, but no: oral is the way to go, very specially when you have a single gram, as OP said he had