• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Big & Dandy Amanita Mushrooms Thread

Ive used amanitas mixed with harmalas and/or cannabis to get a mich greater effect with lower amounts of mushrooms.
Half a cap on the tail end of an ayahuasca trip was very relaxing but strong.

I actually had/have pure ibotenic acid, although I seem to have misplaced it. Was planning on decarboxylating it to muscimol... but yea, am not sure where to look for it. I guess it might turn up when a study is cleaned out, for example when moving homes.

How would you have done that? Is there a particular temp/time you know of that accomplishes the decarb?

I have been BLESSED this fall by a fantastic amount of amanita muscaria popping up all over my neighborhood. I picked up some pretty nice caps earlier today. If I want to consume them as a tea, should I dry them first or can I boil them raw?

I think you want to use dry heat or sun dry them. Supposedly that converts the bad ibotenic acid into the good muscimol. Unfortunately I've never found any specific times or temperatures for the process, despite a lot of research.

Their certainly an awesome and even healthy replacement for alcohol if you get the dosage right. This mushroom works for my kind of ecstasylike, but whats even more awesome is most times people can't even tell I'm on something. Never tried in highdose though, but can slightly imagine what that would be like. Probably not everyones business

Last edited:
I have been BLESSED this fall by a fantastic amount of amanita muscaria popping up all over my neighborhood. I picked up some pretty nice caps earlier today. If I want to consume them as a tea, should I dry them first or can I boil them raw?

Make sure they're really muscaria first, the "destroying angel" (I believe that's amanita phalloides) looks similar and is extremely lethal.

Hello, i was first atracted to this being very early, 16 years of age..at the time i saw it as an intangible experience. I have played and argued with several psychedelics since i was 15 and created an amazing relationship with these substances, specially tryptamines for obvious reasons :) For years i dream about trying Amanita Muscaria, and did it twice at 21 and later 24 years of age, nothing happened....you can imagine my disapointement! I came up with many explanations but the truth was crappy source inactive substance.
I am now 28! hehehe and for the past 2 years i have been more and more curious about this mushroom last year i was in ecstasy, i had found amanitas in the woods! but i did not properly take care of them ( unexpected situation led to rotten mushrooms) again i felt now like amanita spirit did not want to be my friend, but very persistent i am so this year i went at it again and this time, everything was almost too perfect and i now have an amazing stock of dry amanitas.
I made a tea with one table spoon of powder and had an amazing and very insightful experience but for the first time in my life, i felt like something else had taken over of my mind! Honestly i have tried and played with almost everything! Amanitas did not give me any kind of nausea or sickness, just the drunk feeling at first this transformed into MDMA feeling and so overwhelming that i went to my room and fell asleep, i felt i was being forced to sleep. Now, i did sleep because my girlfriend later told me that she went to check up on me and i was open mouth snoring but i was still totally awake, so i never really realized i was asleep, i just kept going and was having this conversation with other people, different people but these people were very far away and this required me to shout, my girlfriend heard me and came to see, i don´t know why, i "woke up" when she entered the room but i was anaware that i had been sleeping so the strangest thing happened that i just kept going and scared my girlfriend and friend because anything that came out of my mouth was in the dream context and so "nonsense" to them. I felt very clear minded the whole time, amazing energy and truly felt like a higher being was trying to show and tell me something but my language was unable to express it. I gradually returned to a more introspective mind state and fell asleep in the couch, next day was feeling amazing, relaxed and had this very strong feeling that some kind of entity had been keeping me company. Now i am experimenting with very low doses on a daily basis, i stopped drinking coffee, i am smoking almost nothing! It just takes away the urge to smoke cigarettes and just carry on with the day normally but feel very connected with myself...

ok, im sorry for my english not my native language and maybe i wrote too much (my first post :)) just really wanted to share my experience. thank you for all the sharing and insight! namasté

p.s. - Most important thing, i felt that more respect should be given to this being. I wanted to play but IT played with me.
It is a very powerful force and caution is advised. :) Not for playing, truly for learning and i believe that only by developing a relationship with this spirit can a person acquire somekind of knowledge.

Last edited:
Make sure they're really muscaria first, the "destroying angel" (I believe that's amanita phalloides) looks similar and is extremely lethal.

That's the death cap, the destroying angel is usually virosa, probably very hard to confuse except with the very rare alba muscaria. The fly agaric is pretty much the most distinct mushrooms, your pretty well safe if it's red/orange with white spots. Regalis and pantherina a bit harder. Death cap - yellow green cap no spots. destroying angel white no spots but always double check with literature if your new to mycology.

It boggles my mind that there's no information out there on the temperature ibotenic acid decarboxylates into muscimol. We know the reaction, we know when it doesn't happen, but not what temperature it does happen. I just can't believe no one's ever figured this out, especially considering the cultural significance.

First time I ate 5 large dried mushrooms, no effect. Second time I had 50g dried mushroom, no effect. Hopefully 3.5g '50x' (my ass!) extract will turn my luck around.

It boggles my mind that there's no information out there on the temperature ibotenic acid decarboxylates into muscimol. We know the reaction, we know when it doesn't happen, but not what temperature it does happen. I just can't believe no one's ever figured this out, especially considering the cultural significance.
Go write a paper dude. Should be doable at home on a short budget.

EDIT: T+60min... I'm definitely immune to Amanita Muscaria.

Last edited:
If I had any clue how to do it, I would. I have neither the tools nor the knowledge at my disposal. Since you think it's so easy, why don't you do it yourself?

If I had any clue how to do it, I would. I have neither the tools nor the knowledge at my disposal. Since you think it's so easy, why don't you do it yourself?
Oh I don't think it's easy and I wouldn't have the enthusiasm. I didn't mean to attack you if it seemed that way, quite on the contrary.

Extract didn't work btw, I'm devastated.

That's the shit I need right there. Been considering panthers ever since my first Amanita experiment failed in 2002 or so. How is this even possible? I eat a shitload of fly agarics on two occasions (5 large mushrooms is a whole meal) and now 3.5g of what is labeled as 50x extract and not a single time do I feel even the faintest hint at an intoxication. Am I immune? Am I cursed?

Despite all this I really do enjoy their taste. I'm not big on mushrooms at all, but Amanitae are really spicy and earthy, I love them. They are actually a traditional element of the local cuisine (Hamburg, Germany), but they have grown out of fashion, probably due to the fairy tales about dead people. Definitely the tastiest mushroom I've had other than truffles.

Last edited:
How does muscimol compare to other GABA-ergic drugs?
I don't know of anyone who used isolated or synthesized Muscimol and from all I know the amanita experience can not be characterized as primarily GABAergic.

I don't know of anyone who used isolated or synthesized Muscimol and from all I know the amanita experience can not be characterized as primarily GABAergic.
So no resemblance to GHB, benzos, alcohol etc. then?

So no resemblance to GHB, benzos, alcohol etc. then?
I really couldn't tell you, since not even 50g dried muchroom skins got me high lol. So damn poisonous... ;D

I'd suggest you read through the reports on Erowid, there are quiet a few. It might be a lot like other GABAergic drugs during the initial phase, but the visionary aspects would not be desirable to someone seeking an anxiolytic.

I really couldn't tell you, since not even 50g dried muchroom skins got me high lol. So damn poisonous... ;D
I know... ibotenic acid is something I just don't want in my body. I would give pure chemical muscimol a try though (if it exists).

I'd suggest you read through the reports on Erowid, there are quiet a few. It might be a lot like other GABAergic drugs during the initial phase, but the visionary aspects would not be desirable to someone seeking an anxiolytic.
Yeah not for that obviously... I'm just talking about in terms of overall "feel". You know - like how all 5HT psychedelics have that 'serotonin' feel to them even though the experiences are different.
Reason I ask is because one of the things I like so much about 2C-E is that it's not just a strong psychedelic - I find it actually has quite a powerful sedative/anxiolytic feel to it. I took 30mg last night and for some reason it put me right on my ass. I'm wondering if muscimol has that pleasant GABA feeling to it like benzos or GHB.