• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What are you grateful for ?

Speaking of grateful the day is almost done. Wow.
Still need to vacuum.

I have a roof over my head and a job that I like. I woke up in my own bed rather than in a hospital, a psych ward, a jail, a wrecked car, or in an alley.
I also woke up next to my best friend (see my avatar).
And the first thing I drank this morning was a delicious cup of coffee -- not a half pint of cheap vodka.

I need a cat to catch mice, I can't believe I am writing that, but it would be nice to have mouse catcher.
EM8L6wR.png

That made me LoL

Yes they pretty much keep to themselves. They just need water, food and litter.

Not litters and litters of cats. Lool.

A cat will be a real good mouser ! Yes go get one from your Auntie !!!

The shelters will help you too though, with the initial vet visit and advice.

How cute ! At least considering is a start. he hee kewl dude. Sounds fun. <3:p

😽 thanx for the miley :)

lools

~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

btw: You sound good 😁 You need a cat to make you sound better. 😎

Rotfdl 🔥

Last edited:
and kitty cats !!!

0l5JcCc.png

😁
You, sound like a relative of mine, who calls me a lot and always tries to convince me to get a..cat, lol. For the record she has yet to cross: The crazy cat lady threshold, which is more than 5 cats. I think at times she has been close to that, but not crossed it, yet. How she and her daughters( my cousins) keep finding all these strays is beyond me. Also, the money that they spend on vet bills and really expensive gourmet cat food, is mind boggling.
Be honest, do you talk to your cats like they are your babies? Lol

For the record she has yet to cross: The crazy cat lady threshold, which is more than 5 cats.
Interesing. Sometimes I think my ex is turning into a crazy cat gentleman, but he decided two is enough and resettled the kittens he found (now his dad is in danger to become a CCG).
I do have three dogs, but had 12 at some time.
I do talk to them like they are people, yes. Though not all the time.
I don't talk to myself.

Of you want a mouser, make sure you get a female that had at least one littler before being spayed, so she has the instinct for food hunting (mice). Spayed tomcats are lazy.

I’m greatful to be sober still as I try to kick these fckn opiates. Working on making it through day 3. Sounds so sad to say but it’s such a feat. What did I do to my life🤦‍♂️.

Thanks for the advice, if I ever get worn down and get a cat. It will be to kill mice.

Be honest, do you talk to your cats like they are your babies? Lol

No I don't have a cat or cats. Maybe . . . I should get one so that I can have someone to talk to.

But my neighbors have cats and they rover around and help watch the area.

My family members have cats and they are constantly catching all kinds of stuff too. 🐱😁

~~~~~~~~~

I am thankful for Health and Recovery Awareness and being able to talk about it too. It takes a village sometimes to have that opportunity.

Interesing. Sometimes I think my ex is turning into a crazy cat gentleman, but he decided two is enough and resettled the kittens he found (now his dad is in danger to become a CCG).
I do have three dogs, but had 12 at some time.
I do talk to them like they are people, yes. Though not all the time.
I don't talk to myself.

Of you want a mouser, make sure you get a female that had at least one littler before being spayed, so she has the instinct for food hunting (mice). Spayed tomcats are lazy.
How fun. Lol. That's amazing.

There can be so much unconditional friendship and love with them all and is such absolute Funness. he hee. See how it goes !

Thanks cool comment too !!!!!!!! 😎 lulz💫

I’m greatful to be sober still as I try to kick these fckn opiates. Working on making it through day 3. Sounds so sad to say but it’s such a feat. What did I do to my life🤦‍♂️.
It is a feat to go through. It really is. I went through it too. But I found out it was something you are able to get through and I did it.

Benzodiazepines can be physically crippling more so than opiates. So there is that. It's quite a battle but the benzos can be much more destructive and it lingers more.

You will eventually get over the opiates I am sure . . . . so all you have to do is not give up.

Anyway keep going you get there. 🔥

:)👍

It is a feat to go through. It really is. I went through it too. But I found out it was something you are able to get through and I did it.

Benzodiazepines can be physically crippling more so than opiates. So there is that. It's quite a battle but the benzos can be much more destructive and it lingers more.

You will eventually get over the opiates I am sure . . . . so all you have to do is not give up.

Anyway keep going you get there. 🔥

:)👍
Ty for the words of encouragement.
Benzos are addictive, but I find no addicted desires to habitually take them other than to ease discomfort.
I was able to kick them rather easily even when I had tons of them sitting around my house. The withdrawals were a bitch because they lasted so long, but I just don’t have a recreational desire for them which I think God for. Because the opiate one is all I can handle and I really can’t even handle that.
I’m used to a minimum. Only a half milligram today.
Probably go tomorrow unless I feel like I’m about to give relapse.
I ordered some muscle relaxers so those should be here in a day or two and I can hopefully rotate between them to some opiate free time under my belt and not take a benzo every day. Just trying to be a smart drug addict as possible regain control of my life, which is much harder than I anticipated.

Benzos are addictive, but I find no addicted desires to habitually take them other than to ease discomfort.
I was able to kick them rather easily even when I had tons of them sitting around my house. The withdrawals were a bitch because they lasted so long, but I just don’t have a recreational desire for them which I think God for. Because the opiate one is all I can handle and I really can’t even handle that.
I’m used to a minimum. Only a half milligram today.
Probably go tomorrow unless I feel like I’m about to give relapse.

You will be much better off for staying away from the Benzodiazepines whenever you possibly can and then advancing to taking them . . . 'never'.

I would only take them if I was in complete shock within life. Like for a death and something that painful mentally.

Opiates are just a fight. Something that you can't back down to get through until it starts to get better. And you can do that by taking less and less

until you won't take anything at all. Then you can tell the tale because it is quite the experience.

Anyway all things take time and patience. Especially this.

You are doing so good for getting this far already. It is nothing fun or anything that you can explain sometimes. And then you will just know that it is possible.

And you can !!!!!!!!!

You sure sound determined though !!!!!!! ❤️‍🔥

You are doing great ! Even if you just don't know it yet. It IS possible.

Awesome You.

Alright now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)👍 Remember you are already ahead of the game. No benzo withdrawal for sure.

You are so on your way. I mean I know it's not easy but you are. Keep On now. 😯

Last edited:
^^ sori I spelled benzos wrong they are really hard to spell too.

and I am grateful for bone marrow beef broth that has amazing healing capabilities . . . . <3☀️

🍲