Bluelight User Agreement (BLUA)
LEGAL STATEMENT AND USER AGREEMENT OF BLUELIGHT, v1.6
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS THROUGH USE
By using this site, and any other site owned and operated by Bluelight (www.bluelight.org), you signify your agreement to the terms, conditions and notices of this policy.
LIMITATIONS ON USE
Rules have been established to protect Bluelight and its members against abuse. Use of Bluelight for any purpose that is unlawful, or in any manner which could impair the operation of this site or any other party's use or enjoyment of this site, is strictly prohibited.
Specifically, you may not:
- use Bluelight in any way, shape or form for unlawful purposes, including, without limitation:
- attempting to solicit, obtain sell or supply contraband substances or substances of a quasi-legal status or information on how to do so;
- posting or exchanging any information on ongoing or future criminal activity, any information which can be construed as discussing such activity or actively encouraging others to engage in criminal activities;
- ask for advice regarding drug tests;
- use ineffective self-incrimination avoidance terms. Terms include but are not limited to: SWIM; my dog; etc.
- post or upload any content that is libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, tortious or inaccurate;
- post or upload any content that is copyrighted by another, or invasive of another's privacy;
- post or upload any content that victimizes, harasses, degrades, or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or any other reason;
- post or upload to a forum any content that violates specific rules of that forum;
- register multiple accounts ("alter egos");
- use a vendor name as your Bluelight username
- act as an official representive of Bluelight;
- associate a third-party website with Bluelight without authorization;
- interfere with service to any user or host including, without limitation, mail-bombing, flooding, and attempting to deliberately overload the system;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to data, accounts or systems of this site, or probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system of this site; disseminate in any way, content originally posted in any staff-only area of the site
- use Bluelight to spread unsolicited bulk mail (UBE) or post advertisements without prior consent from an administrator;
- use other Internet sites to promote libelous or slanderous messages about Bluelight or incite abuse against Bluelight; use Bluelight to solicit members to third-party sites
- The Content on this Website may not be used for unapproved commercial exploitation. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from the Website or the Content. Nor may you use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Website or the Content without prior written permission from Bluelight.org’s owners. You may not use this Web Site to transmit any false, misleading, fraudulent or illegal communications. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display, or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of the Website, except to the extent permitted above. You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Website or any portion thereof, the Content or any software available on or through the Website in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America. You may not use the Website or the Content in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right, proprietary right, or property right of Provider or any third parties or violate any state or federal law. Any unauthorized use of the Website or its Content is prohibited.
Use of this site, and any other site owned and operated by Bluelight (www.bluelight.ru) implies your understanding and consent of the following clauses:
- Bluelight reserves the right to take action to restrict or terminate your access to Bluelight at any time for any reason.
- Bluelight reserves the right to publish, edit or delete contributed content as it sees fit.
- Bluelight staff reserve the right to discuss the content of private messages sent to them with any and all staff members for the purposes of community management.
- Bluelight reserves the right to edit any user profile at any time for any reason.
- Bluelight will remove any content from its sites which Bluelight, in its sole discretion, determines to be harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of these policies.
- In case of suspected violation of policies or if required to by court order, Bluelight may perform selective electronic monitoring of any traffic through its systems.
- In case Bluelight receives a court order with a properly authorized request, any stored information may be provided to law enforcement officials.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Bluelight staff maintains an offsite presence (to some extent) on the following sites:
Any links to Facebook groups, chat rooms, or other online communities other than those listed here are not affiliated with Bluelight in any way. The administration of Bluelight can not enforce our policies off site.
Use of this site, and any other site owned and operated by Bluelight (www.bluelight.org) implies your understanding and consent of the following clauses:
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, Bluelight has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information it collects online.
- Bluelight will not share member information with any party, unless the member has violated the Bluelight User Agreement, in which case Bluelight may take all necessary measures to ensure its security, including publishing the information or sharing it with private investigators.
- Bluelight requires an active email address for all usernames. Failure to provide an active email address may result in account restriction until an address is provided. This email address will be hidden from members in your profile settings; administrators can find out your email address.
- Any communication that you transmit to Bluelight should be considered non-confidential, and you agree that Bluelight will not be liable or responsible if information that belongs to you is intercepted or used by an unintended recipient.
LICENSE OF YOUR CONTENT
By uploading content to or submitting any materials for use on Bluelight.org you grant Provider a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to use, authorize use of, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed throughout the universe. You certify and warrant that your content and submitted materials: (i) are your original works or that the owner of such works has expressly granted to Provider a similar license for said works with all of the rights granted by you in this paragraph and (ii) do not violate and will not violate the rights of any third party, including any right of publicity, right of privacy, copyright, patent or other intellectual property right or any proprietary right. If you have submitted a photo, you agree that this photo may be included in the Website or, if you have not submitted a photo, then Provider may, but is not obligated to, display a stock photo or legal image. You hereby consent to the use of such stock photos or images. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Provider for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary or other right in uploaded content or submitted materials. You assume all liability for any claims, suits or grievances filed against you, including all damages related to your participation on the Website.
The administrators of Bluelight reserve the right to delete any and all data associated with abandoned accounts including, but not limited to: any posts made by the user; any blog entries made by the user; profile information entered by the user. Further, Bluelight reserves the right to reissue the username associated with an abandoned account.
An account is deemed to be abandoned if the account has zero posts and the user has no activity in the last three months or if the account is a 'Greenlighter/Bluelighter' with at least one post and the user has no activity in the last six months.
Rules are enforced by the Bluelight staff. If you see a thread violating the rules, please use the "Report" button under the poster's name to notify the moderators. Try to be as clear and detailed as possible when explaining the nature of the problem. You can contact the Bluelight Administrators if you want to report general problems or violations that happen outside the forums. In addition, please use the Staff List to reach the appropriate people regarding other concerns.