• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2019/2020 NFL Discussion Thread v. Superman Returns...and then leaves again

Status
Not open for further replies.
this bears vs. lions game is pretty entertaining!

alasdair

I think half our team got injured. Kyle throwing passes above, behind, everywhere except to our receivers.

I honestly can't tell if we're tanking or what. It's almost like all our playmakers magically went down today. Except mccaffrey.

second half of the min vs. sea game last night was absolutely bonkers. very entertaining.

alasdair

what a great week of football! i finished the regular season #1 in my fantasy league so now i just have to catch @mal3volent in the pick 'em :)
  • i watched all 3 thanksgiving day games and was not disappointed
  • bills continue to look solid and pull off a great win on the road in dallas
  • cincinnati chalk up their first win
  • eagles upset by 2-9 dolphins!
  • panthers upset by 2-9 redskins!
  • baltimore beat 49ers in the match-up of the week
  • patriots looked awful for about 55 minutes of their game in houston
and this just in - panthers fire ron rivera!

alasdair

Yep, I wish him luck somewhere else. He's too old school for what Tepper is trying to do, I think.

Too many heartbreaking losses last few seasons.

I gotta say I'm liking tepper's approach here. Getting rid of Ron now makes the rest of this season have purpose. Before it didn't. Now players will be playing. Coaches will be coaching. They know everyone is being evaluated.

It'll be interesting to see if the Cowboys can take advantage of the Eagles loss last week , or if they will continue to fuck up.

patriots look awful :(

edit: 30 seconds later... blocked punt and a touchdown. needed that...

alasdair

i do have faith in them but they've looked awful most of this game. they're hardly mutually exclusive...

alasdair

patriots needed to do more to win that game, especially in the first half. can blame the loss on officiating but the officials totally got the call on the harry touchdown wrong. i guess it wasn't reviewed because it wasn't a scoring play? that seems like a hole in the rules - maybe it should be all scoring and potential scoring plays are reviewed upstairs...

oh well. pats need to get it together.

alasdair

They actually took two TDs away from the pats. The one where he hit the pylon and the fumble play they blew dead as well (that would have been a pick 6). I think they ended up converting that one anyway but still, that's time off the clock.

^ yeah - that fumble whistle was brutal too...

oh well. sometimes they go your way, sometimes they don't :(

alasdair

3 weeks to go and they play each other in week 16...

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.