• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Article on Foxy and 2ct7 in Details

Daisybabe

Bluelight Crew
Anyone else see it? Its in the April issue. What are you guys going to do now that it's gone mainstream?
wink.gif

------------------
"Reality is what refuses to go away when I *stop* believing in it."

where was the article? could you please post a link, i would like to read this 'article'

sorry, I checked, its not online. Go flip through one at the bookstore, its the issue with Joaquin Phoenix on the cover and the article is called "New Pollution."

thanx - did it really mention 5-meo-dipt? i didnt think that one would get much popularity. Ill have to run over to the bookstore after work and pick it up. Was it this months issue?

don't think we get Details in the UK, what sort of magazine is it? what impact do you think a printed mainstream article will have on the use and legality of these compounds?

Yep, April's issue. Let me see what I can do when I get home, maybe scan it or something for you.
For the UK guy, Details is men's magazine, not like Playboy, more like a male version of Cosmopolitan.

Well, as an example, Details had an article on GHB (it was a "sex drugs" article if I remember correctly) about 6 or 7 years ago. I would rather they hadn't of.

Ok, so here is the text of the article...(all inaccuracies are his, not mine! I refuse to be blamed for him using 'hip' in a sentence.)
"New Pollution"
Want a new drug? Foxy and Mystic, two new designer dusts courtesy of the chemistry set, are taking tripsters and club kids to strange new altitudes.
---------------------------------------------
The online posting had a breathless quality: Mystic to be at Tunnel this weekend! And while it was just a drug dealer hyping his weekend wares to New York club kids, the message echoed the buzz about two new drugs emerging among the chemically minded.
Mystic and Foxy are the next wave of mind-expanders. Mystic is a psychedelic amphetamine known for its empathy-inducing qualities. Fans call it Tripstasy. "It's not as cosmic or mind-opening as LSD," says Aaron, a Minnesota Mystic fan, "but the visuals are incredibly intense." Foxy, a psychoactive tryptamine, provides a more sensual ride. "It gives you this almost overwhelming wave of warmth," says a Chicagoan named Rick. "Within a few minutes," he says, "I was touching myself without even noticing what I was doing." One user claims that "sex on Foxy was the pinnacle of my existence."
Both of the new drugs were synthesized by Alexander Shulgin, the California-based chemist who reintroduced MDMA, or Ecstasy, in the sixties. Both are quasi-legal: While users can be prosecuted under a law that makes illegal the sale or possession of any substance that has effects similar to Schedule I or II drugs, law enforcement officials aren't hip to them yet.
Mystic and Foxy are attainable in powder form on the Web; a typical single dose can run as much as $37. Mystic is already available in 10mg tablets at smart shops in Amsterdam. There are rumors that Foxy pills and even a Foxy-based massage oil are around the corner.
Over- and underdosing are the drugs' primary downers. Because little is known about their side effects, they attract people whose lab skills outshine their ability with a glowstick. But the trickle-down in Clubtown is fast, and demand is growing.
If chat groups where chemical adventurers trade info on acquisition and experience are any indication, Mystic and Foxy could some day supplant Ecstasy. Listen carefully - you can hear some raver's heart beating a bit faster.

great so now some ignorant kid, adult, whatever is gonna read this article and think
wow im gonna get me some
then abuse it, end up in a hospital
the downward spiral begins
frown.gif

So the magazine was promoting it?
------------------
[email protected]~
~There are 3 kinds of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, & those who wonder what just happened!~
~No-1 ever promised you tommorow.~

god this sucks. Do we really need the public knowing about our lovely chems so soon. FUCK!

This was bound to happen...it sucks but its inevitable in our capitalist society. People are selling these chems for a profit, making it good business to bring these chemicals into the rave scene. Just keep your drugs to yourself as long as possible, no point in exploiting this shit.
------------------
drugs may not lead anywhere, but at least its the scenic route...

Would Foxy pills even sell well? I heard they make everyone go to the washroom to take a huge shit.

its a toss up if foxy will sell well, if they market it as a sex enhancer, then yes it will sell fucking real well, if they market it to the party kids, i dont think it will sell as well at T7. but T7 will sell well no matter how they market it.
------------------
"Relationship is understanding. It is a process of self-revelation. Relationship is the mirror in which you discover yourself-to be is to be related"
-Bruce Lee

I think foxy would sell better if marketed in a pill with 4-6mg of loperamide to reduce the shits. Some people have no problem or little problem. I think that the problems aren't that bad and are worth it. At lower levels I get no real side affects. Like 5-6mg sold could do well as a sex enhancer.

Is it not obvious why I like the girl magazies better? (like Seventeen - OMG! This months Trauma-rauma was EFFING HILLARIOUS!)
Anyway, we all knew this was comming eventually - I am surprised we saw this positive article before the media outlets were infected and started with the stories about the "NEW RAVE DRUGS THAT YOUR KIDS ARE DOING - DEADLY, LEGAL, and AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET" ..
As I have been saying for the past few months - STOCKPILE YOUR T-7 NOW! Blow your life savings on it - you can sell 20% of your stock to make back the money you invested!
I don't think we will see 5-MeO-DiPT going away, but T-7 seems like a likely victim - there have already been several deaths attributed to it, and it seems to be the most popular of the "research chemicals" (god I hate that term) ...
I guess it's a good thing they didn't give the full chemical names but rather just the 'cutise' rave names ..
As a side note - no, DiPT could *never* be marketed as any type of legal drug, because even if they made a low-dose pill, it wouldn't take long for people to figure out you just take MORE then the recomended dose - remember, 2C-B was sold legally as a fuck drug until *ONE* person had a bad trip and decided it shouldn't be legal ..
------------------
"can you do anything without insulting someone? your a bastard cry baby bitch.."
(posted by dust1n)

i agree with PhreeX, deffinitly stockpile on the T7, it is THE MOST popular research chem on the market right now. I remeber back in august when i would talk to kids at raves about T7 and they had no fucking clue what i was talking about. But now i just whisper T7 and i have like ten kiddies all asking if they can get some! WTF!
So i suggest all of you get as much as you can SOON! I see no potential for foxy blowing up like T7, just not as fun for all those little party kids.
But my concern would be that if T7 get scheduled, would the govt. go in depth into the research chemical market and schedule all the chemicals that these companies sell, like AMT, BDO, T2, DiPT, meo-amt, meo-dmt, bzp....ect.?
fucking media bitches

o.k., slap me if i get out of line, hell, kick me too. so these "research chemicals" are legal? and available on the net? please see my post in this forum, i have questions about this, and i don't want to ingest something w/o proper knowledge first.
thank you...