Basic DJ Start Up Equip.

No prob Turtle
wink.gif

------------------
I drop breaks like a clumsy gardener- AcidBurn
e-mail me somebody!! [email protected] :)

Mach, might as well get good stuff to begin with because you more than likely will be upgrading to techs in the future.
------------------
"Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?"

Concerning DJ equipment on the cheap......You can't skimp on decks......get a technics and skip the headache I went through. I bought BST direct drives thinking direct drive was all I needed......WRONG. If you plan on Spinnin for a while just get the Tech's, There worth every penny. If you do some shopping you can find em' for $449 at guitar center or try www.PSSL.com they've got good prices too. As far as amps are concerned, If your just doing small house parties and nothing big you can get some decent amps for under 300 (notice I said decent.... not great) I bought a cheapie BST 200 watt for 179.00 on close out and it's been pumpin' away for about 4 years now without so much as a hiccup. Down the road you can worry about the crowns and QSC's as the $$ comes in....then you can use that cheapie amp for a monitor. I got ton's of info if your interested, as far as starting out and where to get good deals and what not. Just e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll answer any questions you got....

The general advice is buy good turntables, buy cheapo mixer.
If your into it, then you'll want good turntables, if you don't technics sell very well secondhand.
Buying a midrange or even a pricey mixer first off can be a waste. When you realise that it doesn't have a particular feature you would really like.
Buy a dirt cheap mixer, it will rust and fall to bits within a year, but buy by then you'll know what you want.
Jase.