Boo 7-October 12th-Randall's Island NY

crap, that came up quick. i should probably decide if i'm going or not... hmm

ok...so of COURSE something has to come along and F*CK things up for me!! cause thats my luck. i gave my friend $$ last week to go into DC and buy us tickets (so we wouldn't have to pay ticketmaster tons of money to lick an envelope). so i finally got a hold of her last night. DOES SHE HAVE THE TICKETS??
NO
so umm...are they going to have tickets AT the gate for this? cause neither of us has time to make it down to one of the ticket outlets to get 'em. so my only chance is to get 'em WHEN we get there. also, my other friend flaked on booking a hotel room...so umm...if we do go, i have to drive all the way there, dance my ass off till i'm tired as hell, then drive back! (like 4 hrs). i've done it b4 but...things are *different* now, and i dunno HOW i will stay awake.
UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! so kiddies--i WANT to go. lets just hope things start lookin up for me. both my friends are morons and may have ruined this whole thing for me. :(
i'm still trying though!! if there are tickets at the gate (i know they are more $$) then we will be there!!!!!!!!!!!
~kristen

what about online through ticketmaster.com? get em on will call and pick up your tickets at the door, if you dont have a credit card, just gather all your money together and hassle your parents until they give in ;)
As for the door, im sure there will be plenty of ticket sales going on at the door for a larger price, although depending on where you buy your tickets, odds are youd pay around $60 anyway. Just keep in mind that alot of people will have the same idea to get tickets at the door, you might wait in line for a little while, but at 11am i doubt the place will be swarming with people ya know?
I hope to see you there, good luck :)

^^^^^ (starlightgemini)sorry to hear all your drama. I know for sure I want as many MD/DC peoples up there representin, so I hope things work out for you & your peeps.
As for tickets I would suggest getting them on the drive up to NY, it would still be cheaper then buying them at the door. We're planning on buying our tickets from Modern Music Fri. when we're driving up. Or call ahead and stop off in Philly, or one of the other ticket outlets in Jersey, I mean they're all on the way up. ANyways good luck girlie, it wouldn't be a party without enough MD/DC people representin our skills up in NY

well, i'm headin out the door to get tix for me, kaydub and glowworm (and pinkerton, if he is going and he does call me back).
weather.com is predicting a 40% chance of rain, high of 71 low of 58. kinda sounds like last year........

Waiting to see what the weather will be like for saturday. Cause im not spending 55 bucks to party in the rain. So if its nice out youll catch me there. :)

Oh you're no fun at all, Jay. ;)
It WILL be a beautiful gorgeous day. Since when were meteorologists right about anything weather-related? Never. So there. Now go get your damn ticket! :)
And Kristen hon, you're going. Things WILL work themselves out. Maui's ticketmaster.com idea is definitely a good way to get your tickets now. Or try ticketweb.com if you'd rather not support Ticketmaster, I'm almost certain they have Boo tix as well. Good luck! :)
Peace ~Katie (counting down the days)

teeny_1.gif

Don't mess with the Teeny Genie.
it was on springer today check out the web sight it's great!
http://www.idreamofteenie.com/

I just checked ticketweb.com for tickets b/c I was deffinately not paying the ticketmaster dick charge of over $6 per ticket ... the tickets on ticketweb have a charge of about $3.50, so if you buy two at once you save enough for a pack of ciggarettes... lol

i think everybody should describe what they're gonna be wearing so we can recognize bl'ers.

I dont know the exact number but there are goin to probably be around 10,000 party kids all wearing pretty much the same shit. Cause if you say your wear "khaki UFO's and a red t-shirt" then you are describing about 1,000 of the kids there. We should just stick to the meet-up, and if your not there then "You snooze you lose" biatches.

^^^ hahaha yeah a lot of people last year were wearing Khaki UFOs.
I will be wearing black UFOs, a white striped button up shirt, and a REALLY bright orange vest that says HOUSE HEAD on the back with a picture of Sponge Bob.
I can't WAIT for this weekend to get here :)

I think I'm going to be wearing blue camo auraz, a black "newsboy" cap and some sort of black shirt... this is tentative tho ;) you kno how we girls are, changing our minds all the time and whatnot...
[ 07 October 2002: Message edited by: jerzeezfinest ]

I wish I could go I really do but I am still currently without a job(been without one since Labor Day weekend when I decided I didnt want to leave e-girl and frostyangels house but that's another story)
Damn Batty and BKR in the same place uh ohhhhhh.
Really wish I could go drop an e pill for me y'all :) catch ya at the next one though. I have a job interview tonight so everyone keep yer fingers crossed :)

we also need to think up a good meetup spot..anyone have any ideas?

thanks for the support and encouraging thoughts guys and gals :D
i'm trying my hardest to get things worked out. as for the whole meetup thing...if anyone wants my cell #, email me at [email protected]. i might just give out my pager # instead, cause one of the people i will be with has NO roaming charges on their phone, whereas i do. so if i got a page...i could return the call from their phone...yeah, you get the idea. and DAVE-- you have my # and betta use it! i WILL meet you. i won't leave NYC till i do! :D
and that goes for all of you. i dunno what i'm wearing yet--surely something adidas, as its what fills my closet. but i dunno yet. oh--and of course part of my outfit will be blue--probably baby blue...basically all my shit is blue. i know that doesn't help much for a distinctive description...but soon i will have a better idea of what i'm wearing. and i have pics up on the pic page, and if you go under my aim profile (starlightgeminii) there is a link to more. so umm..yeah...thats the best i can do for ya right now :D
hope to see you all there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~kristen

Well Going Strange and i are going to leave friday and get a room.
So no meetup before hand.
We won't have to wake up at the buttcrack of dawn and drive 6 hours to NY.
As to what i am going to wear, i don't have a geddamn clue. But you will recongize me in any case.
I'll most likely be with Kasper<3 and a few other friends for most of the event.
I will see you all you kids soon..
:)
~ReD
[ 08 October 2002: Message edited by: Ms.ReD ]

yes im going for the tables full of cocaine and i also heard there will be this drug called ecstasy there...im so excited i hope my mom doesn't find out!!!! PLUR PLUR PLUR
anywayz i'll be there WITHOUT Ufo's on...yes im not wearing the raver uniform to this event. i'll have blue jeans on and a buttoned down collared shirt. sure none of u will see me since there will be so many people there so i hope everyone has fun.

like i said before, trying to find everyone (even with a dedicated meetup spot) will be a giant "where's waldo (who i've never met in broad daylight, only in shady dingy little venues with indirect lighting)" on drugs. and if we can't find each other in the asylum based on clothing descriptions, i don't even want to know the odds of finding everyone at this party.
so!
we can all play phone tag. or something.
i'll be driving down with kaydub, cuz pinkerton can't go.
Edit: From the NE Event Forum Guidelines: All events in this forum should be public events. Do not post information about private house parties in this forum. Please use e-mail to contact those invited to small gatherings, rather than posting about them here so anyone and everyone can see.
[ 08 October 2002: Message edited by: TopRocka ]

Well, I met a lot of bluelighters last year... and would *really* like to meet them again this year.
I will be there at 8:30 in the morning setting up the experimental zone, I won't be able to come out to the parking lot. =(
Kasper, buzzy, wife, & jeerze... please come by the tent when you get there. We'll be set up by the carnival area. I would really like to see you guys at least if I can't met any other bluelighters inside... =)
boo-hoo-sniffle-sniffle... nobody loves me.