Mental Health Coming off Invega (Paliperidone, Xeplion) injections v. 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
My psychiatrist actually believes me about the side effects lasting, but she's also kind of a renegade as far as psychiatrists go. Her goal was to get me on the minimum dose of medication I needed to be functional, and she took me off of antipsychotics completely after a couple months.

It’s tough living with the uncertainty of not being able to recover 100% in the back of your head.

I have moments where I lose hope. But I always remind myself that the number of people who recover fully far outweigh the people who don’t.

I just hope my progress keeps going forward. I’m so glad I can share my thoughts and feelings with you guys. You are all true warriors going through this. It will be worth it and life will taste even sweeter now that we understand what we used to take for granted.

Bluelight
I went to it , it does give the perception that it’s more active because there’s a lot more people and so youre getting people talking about all different types of things instead of antipsychotics specifically . You might have luck trying to find people there that are going through recovery just like us though. there is a recovery section but it is more of a general recovery not just one specifically for antipsychotics from what I could tell

I was part of the discord but it has multiple cases of people. Also @Baddream i read on Reddit a guy after 15 injections recovered his alcohol feeling in 17 months. His weed feeling came back before. His name is Zachthreepack on Reddit.

Aw im sorry you’re struggling! What’s going on? What things are you dealing with?

hang in there! Recovery is happening everyday, things will get better in time.

Sunny Days Summer GIF
Thanks so much for your support. I’m just currently waiting for my emotions, sex drive and substances to work. I can semi feel things now and my sleep has gotten better to the point that I sleep 8 hours a night finally. I just wish the wait was shorter. How are you?

Does anyone know the mechanisms of antipsychotics to understand what it does to us? We need to find a cure for this.

I keep looking on the internet everyday for success stories but it's so tiresome. I wish i could just get better amd forget this business. :( i wish this had never happened to me. :(

Does anyone know the mechanisms of antipsychotics to understand what it does to us? We need to find a cure for this.
Unfortunately nobody really knows how they work exactly. They were discovered by accident and there is not even proof that they target the right receptors. Even if there was a cure it probably wouldn't even be disclosed to the public.

What we do know however is that these drugs are 100% toxic and cause progressively more damage the longer you take them. Luckily, most here haven't taken invega for very long. Imagine taking it or any other AP for 10 years and then discontinuing. I once talked to a guy that took a high dose of oral quetiapine for 10 years and his blood sugar was still in prediabetes stage 5 years after discontinuation even though he was following a ketogenic diet.

Thanks so much for your support. I’m just currently waiting for my emotions, sex drive and substances to work. I can semi feel things now and my sleep has gotten better to the point that I sleep 8 hours a night finally. I just wish the wait was shorter. How are you?
You’re welcome :) I’m doing good thanks. I had a good day today, went with my boyfriend to his uncle’s birthday dinner today and had a good time.

Unfortunately nobody really knows how they work exactly. They were discovered by accident and there is not even proof that they target the right receptors. Even if there was a cure it probably wouldn't even be disclosed to the public.

What we do know however is that these drugs are 100% toxic and cause progressively more damage the longer you take them. Luckily, most here haven't taken invega for very long. Imagine taking it or any other AP for 10 years and then discontinuing. I once talked to a guy that took a high dose of oral quetiapine for 10 years and his blood sugar was still in prediabetes stage 5 years after discontinuation even though he was following a ketogenic diet.
There has to be a way to know what this drug does to the body. Would a MRI or tomography show anything? If it's brain damage would stem cells help it?

I seem to be recovering from the lion's mane shit. I wonder why people get stuck like that and some people don't though. Same with SSRIs and PSSD. I also continue to recover from trying Prozac. I do feel set back, like I'm where I was three months off invega in some aspects. :/

I think maybe lion's mane is too risky to try in the first year off of invega. Your brain's chemistry is out of whack and it does mess with your brain's chemistry in ways science doesn't completely understand yet. If you really do feel brain damaged a year out, maybe try it then. Look out for side effects, which for me were loss of sensation, extreme anxiety followed by emotional blunting, difficulty going to sleep, and disassociation. That's all stuff I had from invega too. Don't try it if you have autoimmune issues, it does boost your immune system. My WBC is a little high right now.

I no longer believe the loading doses cause permanent brain damage. I'm sure if I just left myself alone, I would be feeling better than I do right now. Ulcerative colitis may cause/be caused by extra nerve growth factor, so if there is nervous system damage, my condition actually helps me by itself. I don't need lion's mane.

My tremor went away I think. :)

I might try Viibryd, but if that fails I'm just going to go on escitalopram and get fat again I guess. Worth it for my relationships, which are struggling because of my OCD.

I feel 100% emotionless with 0 pleasure and very little brain activity… did anyone else start out THIS bad? Because I’ve heard a lot of stories where people were fucked to like 80% in the beginning but never like TOTALLY anhedonic where they were basically staring at the wall… did anyone start out here?

Has anyone here has severe alogia and healed from it? The blank mind/nothing to say thing is really frustrating, feels like something is fundamentally wrong with me 😭
Idk what Alogia is, but definitely blank mind nothing to say. But that’s what the drug does it disrupts brain function which explains cognitive decline. Not to mention blocking of dopamine and serotonin receptors. It’s embarrassing because I’m so much of lesser version of myself, my family just says “get over it” they think I am being weak, but they just simply do not understand smh

I feel 100% emotionless with 0 pleasure and very little brain activity… did anyone else start out THIS bad? Because I’ve heard a lot of stories where people were fucked to like 80% in the beginning but never like TOTALLY anhedonic where they were basically staring at the wall… did anyone start out here?
I'm emotionless as well

Yes I reacted like this to the injections , I am currently 8 months off and I am exactly the same still , completely brain dead with constant suicidal thoughts , my life is a living hell , I hope you feel better soon but for me I think it’s permanent so I will be killing my self most likely.

Yes I reacted like this to the injections , I am currently 8 months off and I am exactly the same still , completely brain dead with constant suicidal thoughts , my life is a living hell , I hope you feel better soon but for me I think it’s permanent so I will be killing my self most likely.
Who you are taking to about your suicidal thoughts? Therapist or anyone? Please don’t kill yourself. I know it’s difficult but please stay strong <3

Status
Not open for further replies.