Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Job Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what privacy settings are for.
I have two profiles too. One is findable, one isn't.
Guess which one gets the photos from parties linked to it.

Shambles said:
A few people have been caught out by their employers by their Facebook/Myspace/Bebo/Whatever accounts - whatever you put on there can be seen by anyone remember, so telling the world what a cunt your boss is and having a load of pics of you snorting coke of prostitutes tits is possibly not a good idea.

Possibly true, although it may depend on what career path you are intending on taking.

The top universities check facebook and myspace accounts of applicants

That's ridicolous. What you do in your spare time or have on your FB account should have nothing to do with uni. If you have the grades and / or money that's all that should matter.

Anyone who knows it's going to be checked will just remove anything incriminating anyway.

Shambles said:
A few people have been caught out by their employers by their Facebook/Myspace/Bebo/Whatever accounts - whatever you put on there can be seen by anyone remember, so telling the world what a cunt your boss is and having a load of pics of you snorting coke of prostitutes tits is possibly not a good idea.

The other week we had this big-shot IT security consultant at work telling us about "bots" that trawl the net looking for dirt on you - that our careers would be ruined! 8o

F**k that's my career down the pan then!.... Only trouble is they cannae sack you where I am, they have to offer you drug councelling and the like...

Just to push it, I logged onto BL from the office the day... =D

People who apply to the top unis just put loads of good stuff on their profile that they can't fit into their personal statements

I wasn't going to use BL at work until I found out over half the work force are K heads

The Kid said:
Possibly true, although it may depend on what career path you are intending on taking.

Phew, thank god for that, because I just applied as a professional coke snorting off prozzies boobies, artist.

Shit pay though.

eDDe9 said:
People who apply to the top unis just put loads of good stuff on their profile that they can't fit into their personal statements

I wasn't going to use BL at work until I found out over half the work force are K heads

If I get my knuckles wrapped I'm going to say I was researching drugs because I'm worried about my sons... 8o

Quite funny for me (ok, it's really sad ain't it..) as I recently got a talking too from my oldest (21) who says they're ok with my hash smoking but could I ease up on the binge drinking!.. :eek:

Do you all do K in the staff canteen then?...

Karaboudjan said:
I have a job in an admin department of a logistics firm. I basically confirm that deliveries have been successfully completed and then log them from our system and if they haven't then I have to find out why and sort it out. I also have to produce a report containing all the proof of invoices in order to bill our customers at the end of the month.
heh, i used to do exactly that! :D

which system do they use?

I went through security clearance for a job one time. It was somewhere in between the two levels that Carsick mentioned (no phone tapping, they didn't interview me, but they did interview my friends).

Thing is, drug use won't disqualify you, necessarily. My former boss admitted smoking pot on her application, and they didn't care. What they were looking for was evidence that you might be in financial trouble, or likely to be blackmailable, or unstable on the job. (Not UK; YMMV).

What is your sucky new job, if I may enquire, wibs? I'd look through the previous pages but really can't be arsed.

hehe I'm still temping. I'm working in mental health at the mo. Its not the job per se its the office atmosphere really.

I have absolutely no career direction, so lackey office work will have to do for now.

Shambles said:
Aha. Never really done office work as such. Looks dull as hell :\.
it really does depend on the type of work, the office atmosphere & culture, the attitude of the boss, and who you're working with. all of those things were excellent in my last job so i loved it there. :)

which is completely different to working in anonymous corporate cubicle hell, which fucking sucks.

anyway!

today i have mostly been putting out fires, resuscitating unconscious people, and trying to escape from capsized helicopters underwater. i had to be rescued by the divers three times and i ended up with a nosebleed. :|

i fucking hated it. that's three times i've done that now, and every time i've panicked and had to be humilatingly rescued like a little girl. :!

wibble said:
I have absolutely no career direction, so lackey office work will have to do for now.

i'd say that's what happens when you go to uni, but then i didn't go and i have no career direction either.

urbain's snorting coke off prozzie's tits job sounds pretty tempting though, let us know if there's an opening!

fnarrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.