• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ecstasy and Coke

Bumbobean

Bluelighter
Question
The main question I'm asking here is what are the effects, risks and advice you would give, for me taking cocaine and ecstasy all in the same night.

A little about me....
So I've been doing recreational amounts of drugs for about a year now, about a year and a half if you count weed. I've only done weed, coke, and ecstasy, mainly because they are the only thing's I can get :/ I seem to have a pretty high tolerance to everything I take, I think because of my size. I'm in really good shape, 195lbs and 6'1". I'm in athletics at my high school most particularly wrestling and I have to maintain a certain weight. I usually take up to 4 pills when I'm going to roll. They last me about 7 hours tops and these are good pills with my friends taking 1 1/2 - 2. Now with cocaine, I would be addicted to it if it was cheaper to be honest. That and I'm aware of it's affects. The most cocaine I've ever done in one day was 5.5g. I wasn't paying lol :D

What I think...
Normally when I roll I feel like everything takes a glow in the dark look to it and I feel really relaxed, and to be quite honest, just about every girl looks beautiful. When I do cocaine though, ALL I want to do is talk to people and do more. I feel like my head is kinda tight, but not in a bad way.

Plan...
- Don't eat all day or dinner the night before.
- Take 100mg 5HTP and Vitamin C
- Morning of Vitamin C 100mg 5HTP
- Drink water only all day
- 9:00pm 3 Tums
- 10:00pm Take 1 1/2 pills
- 10:00pm Snort about .15g coke each nostril
- 10:30pm Snort .xxg of coke
- 11:15pm Take 1 more pill
- Do cocaine as usual at this point; i.e. as I yearn for it :p
- 1:30pm 1 Pill with some coke
- More coke.......
- 3:45 1 1/2 Pills. Coke.
- Coke
- ?????????SLEEP?????????

Post what you all think... yes, I'm on something right now lol.....

***Edit***

I always have trouble sleeping. What can I get at Wal Greens or Albertsons or w/e that can make me go to sleep? I don't have any prescription anything but acne cream

***********EDIT**********
I'm planning on doing this tomorrow so please, if this is really dangerous, let me know. (Not more then the obvious dangers)

Last edited:
this combo has been done by many, in no way is it safe but if you can handle both normally & u remember to keep the dosage low it probably wont kill you.

FrostyMcFailure said:
this combo has been done by many, in no way is it safe but if you can handle both normally & u remember to keep the dosage low it probably wont kill you.
Well this is EXACTLY why I'm asking. I am gonna do some reading around of course, but, I always like to hear what people are saying right now.

So... would you recommend I take it easy for the first 2 or 3 hours on the coke?

Also, I wanted to know if these two will cancel each other out at all. Or what it's gonna be like..

***Editing this post and the first***

I always have trouble sleeping. What can I get at Wal Greens or Albertsons or w/e that can make me go to sleep? I don't have any prescription anything but acne cream :(

I was under the impression that coke cancelled out E?

And why the hell would you want to not eat at all for 24 or so hours beforehand?

Crankinit said:
I was under the impression that coke cancelled out E?

And why the hell would you want to not eat at all for 24 or so hours beforehand?
That's what I have heard to Crankinit. I was wondering if anyone else had tried it though. You don't eat before hand because it makes the roll harder and longer. Something like that anyway, don't quote me.

It's pretty pointless to mix the two.

Just enjoy your pills and save the coke for after the come down or for another day.

well, iv heard it cancels out the effects of each other too but when id smoke rocks and roll as long as i didnt put down my crack pipe i was al'iight. Maybe it would be wiser to pop the 2 rolls and go for a nice hour or 2 and then break the white?

Not eating all day and the night before is a really irresponsible idea - you're completely draining your body of what it needs to function and even if the drugs mask that for a little bit, you're going to be putting a HUGE strain on your body and feel all that much worse the next day. You will not roll harder and longer - it may kick in faster, but you'll actually roll harder and longer if you're well-rested and well-nourished. If you want your pills to kick in better then plug them - or dissolve them in a drink or something.

Coke kills rolls - it's a total waste and even what little effects you still feel of the roll, coming off of coke AND rolls at the same time is not fun. Either do them seperate nights, or save the coke for when you run out of pills. Besides, doing them together puts a TON of strain on your heart.

Also, you say you've only been doing drugs for a year - if you're eating 4 pills in a night either you're getting very weak pills or you're using way too often to have a tolerance that high this quickly - slow down a little if you want to be able to roll years down the line.

Guess it's too late since the OP's gone and had his night of rolls and coke, but just a general observation: cocaine and mdma don't synergize at all. The reason for this is that there are 2 main neurochemicals in your brain that sort of compete but not really (I'll explain this in the simplest way I can)...

They are serotonin and dopamine. Cocaine acts primarily on the latter, while mdma on the former. They conflict, however, since the brain never has these 2 chemicals in equilibrium - there's always more of one or the other. If you have lots of serotonin dumped in your brain, you'll have a lack of dopamine. And, the reverse is true. I guess at some point they'll equal out (even if it's only very temporary) but this is not a stable state. One will always outdo the other.

Now, if you're taking mdma which dumps massive amounts of serotonin, you'll be deficient in dopamine for as long as the mdma lasts. If you take cocaine on top of it, the cocaine molecule will bind to the dopamine molecule and force the serotonin to go down. You can't get high on both at the same time. You can get high on one then the other, but not simultaneously.

That's why coke kills rolls. It's stronger than mdma that way - whenever it competes against mdma, it wins. Now, I imagine you could just take a hell load of E and a tiny bit of coke, but then you wouldn't feel the coke, but you likely wouldn't kill the roll, either.

Bottom line: save them for different nights. Don't bother trying to get high on both during the same night cause you'll be disappointed. Not to mention the unnecessary added strain on your heart and other vital organs. Both of these drugs are stimulants, which increase blood pressure, heart rate, body temp and so on. You'll only be more likely to hurt yourself if you take these together, and not reap any benefits.

Hope that made sense... :)

^^ Well said Lola. I completely agree, it's better to save coke for a night when you're not rolling, or even at a pinch, wait for the pill comedown. That way, you can enjoy the roll and have a nice pick-me up for afterwards if you're planning on continuing partying. Mixing the two is both a waste of drugs and a waste of money.

If you want to waste money, give it to me and I'll put it to good use. ;)

ecstasy is like designer coke. And, Coke is greater than ecstasy. Caution should be advised with either one. I don't recommend either, actually. Harm reduction, ya know. :)

They can go together, just only do a little bit of coke and wait until the rolls have diminished before hitting the yay. If you do the coke while rolling, it will cancel out the roll a fair bit at first, but then once it wears off you will feel the pills more, makes it difficult to gauge how fucked you are on either substance if you mix them both in large amounts. Check out what happened to me last time I did exactly that: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=358914

Just be careful and take things slowly. Or, as others have recommended, do them on seperate nights.

Lola'sCola said:
Guess it's too late since the OP's gone and had his night of rolls and coke, but just a general observation: cocaine and mdma don't synergize at all. The reason for this is that there are 2 main neurochemicals in your brain that sort of compete but not really (I'll explain this in the simplest way I can)...

They are serotonin and dopamine. Cocaine acts primarily on the latter, while mdma on the former. They conflict, however, since the brain never has these 2 chemicals in equilibrium - there's always more of one or the other. If you have lots of serotonin dumped in your brain, you'll have a lack of dopamine. And, the reverse is true. I guess at some point they'll equal out (even if it's only very temporary) but this is not a stable state. One will always outdo the other.

Now, if you're taking mdma which dumps massive amounts of serotonin, you'll be deficient in dopamine for as long as the mdma lasts. If you take cocaine on top of it, the cocaine molecule will bind to the dopamine molecule and force the serotonin to go down. You can't get high on both at the same time. You can get high on one then the other, but not simultaneously.

That's why coke kills rolls. It's stronger than mdma that way - whenever it competes against mdma, it wins. Now, I imagine you could just take a hell load of E and a tiny bit of coke, but then you wouldn't feel the coke, but you likely wouldn't kill the roll, either.

Bottom line: save them for different nights. Don't bother trying to get high on both during the same night cause you'll be disappointed. Not to mention the unnecessary added strain on your heart and other vital organs. Both of these drugs are stimulants, which increase blood pressure, heart rate, body temp and so on. You'll only be more likely to hurt yourself if you take these together, and not reap any benefits.

Hope that made sense... :)

Not to argue that a coke/MDMA combo is inneffective, but your dopamine/serotonin theory isn't necessarily accurate. Meth/amphetamines release large amounts of dopamine, and they can be combined with MDMA with no issues.

I don't doubt that there's some mechanism whereby coke kills an MDMA high, but it's more complicated than your description.

^nah dude, lola's right.
Coke is a dopamine reuptake inhibiter so it doesn't release dopamine per se, it prevents it from being reabsorbed. think of it like a ssri which are serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
When you take meth with e it only works cause there both 'releasers' of chemicals not inhibiters of reuptake. and haven't you noticed when you take a meth bomb the loved up in love with everyone and the world feeling you SHOULD get from e is kinda missing? that's b/c theres not enough serotonin being released due to the dopamine taking over (and dopamine doesn't give loved up feelings...) whyddya think people HATE meth bombs? cuz they wreck the love of the e high!! which is the point of e!
so yeah it's more complicated but she's dummin' it down... this is BD remember?
but I know from personal experience that it doesn't work to combine them. kills the roll and makes you feel like utter shite. don't do it.

Needles - is this the same then with coke/crack not mixing well with with meth? Sounds like taking meth and coke at the same time wouldnt' work either. Darn.

^ it wouldn't work but not for the same reasons. the meth is just too powerful of a dopamine releaser... whatever the coke/crack would bind to wouldn't be enough to notice.
drugs that release dopamine like meth and speed overpower drugs that only (mostly)prevent reuptake. that's b/c the coke molecule isnt big enough to bind to enough of the dopamine that's been released by the meth meaning theres no noticable change between meths high on its own and meth +coke.

^^^
So, let's just use real-world examples of these combos...

Say you're rolling and then smoke some rock - what happens? Do you feel the blast and forget about the MDMA? And then when you come down off that, do you go back to rolling, or is it lost completely?

dammit your right about coke cancelling x pills. just did a line while rolling and it basically took away my x high.