• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ecstasy and Coke

Lola'sCola said:
Guess it's too late since the OP's gone and had his night of rolls and coke, but just a general observation: cocaine and mdma don't synergize at all. The reason for this is that there are 2 main neurochemicals in your brain that sort of compete but not really (I'll explain this in the simplest way I can)...

They are serotonin and dopamine. Cocaine acts primarily on the latter, while mdma on the former. They conflict, however, since the brain never has these 2 chemicals in equilibrium - there's always more of one or the other. If you have lots of serotonin dumped in your brain, you'll have a lack of dopamine. And, the reverse is true. I guess at some point they'll equal out (even if it's only very temporary) but this is not a stable state. One will always outdo the other.

Now, if you're taking mdma which dumps massive amounts of serotonin, you'll be deficient in dopamine for as long as the mdma lasts. If you take cocaine on top of it, the cocaine molecule will bind to the dopamine molecule and force the serotonin to go down. You can't get high on both at the same time. You can get high on one then the other, but not simultaneously.

That's why coke kills rolls. It's stronger than mdma that way - whenever it competes against mdma, it wins. Now, I imagine you could just take a hell load of E and a tiny bit of coke, but then you wouldn't feel the coke, but you likely wouldn't kill the roll, either.

Bottom line: save them for different nights. Don't bother trying to get high on both during the same night cause you'll be disappointed. Not to mention the unnecessary added strain on your heart and other vital organs. Both of these drugs are stimulants, which increase blood pressure, heart rate, body temp and so on. You'll only be more likely to hurt yourself if you take these together, and not reap any benefits.

Hope that made sense... :)

this man speaks the truth

^ I'm the girliest girl around these parts, but thanks for the backup :D

Btw, did the roll return? Or did the coke kill it completely? It would be interesting to hear the final results of your little experiment. I think it'd be good in terms of harm reduction too.

My guess is that if it did return, it wasn't nearly as loved up or gooey happy as it was before the coke. I bet it was diminished pretty noticeably, if there was any sort of 'rolling' to be had after the line. How much coke, and how much e, btw?

Let us know how it went, foundationx4.