• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

ECSTASY BINGE KILLS BOY May 16 2003

Methylamphetamine also tastes extremely bitter. So too could many forms of filler. Not to mention, distribution of active ingredients throughout the pill is not always even. So if you're just filing off some powder and putting it on your tounge, then that also raises questions about accuracy, even if you accepted the premise that you can differentiate between different substances by taste. However, i don't accept that premise in the slightest. To believe that the average user can ascertain the amount of MDMA powder in a pressed pill, just by 'tasting' it, is a dangerous fallacy, and not something that encourages harm minimisation. While there are also limitations to chemical testing kits, they are far more accurate in terms of correctly identifying the primary active ingredient in a pill than pure tounge testing. Please don't encourage people to believe inacurate drug mythology.
:)

"Experts ruled out fears of a rogue batch of tablets but admitted they were concerned by the binge deaths."

Seeing as E is illegal and we dont know WHAT THE FUCK IS IN MOST OF THE PILLS I'd say theres a very high chance of the pills being from a rogue batch. I wish they'd tell us exactly what was in the guys blood so we can be sure of what cause this.

I understand this, with all the variables in black market MDMA tablets, obviously taste alone will tell you nothing.

Still, taste might give you a little extra information...
For instance, if a pill doesn't taste bitter at all, then you know you've not got what you bargained for.....