• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

FREEBASE!

maybe i wasnt clear in what i was saying....i meant that freebase and crack are prepared differantly with the same end result
when someone says to me...thats freebase cocaine i take it to mean they prepared the drug by using ether
when they say...thats crack i take it to mean it was prepared using baking soda or amnonia
its like eggs, you can scramble them, you can poach them, or make 'em over easy but its still only eggs.....
those who think "im not a crackhead, i freebase" ignorance is bliss

hmmmmm, that's funny cause i have a textbook explaining the both of them right in front of me, and guess what YOU'RE WRONG. it sure is funny to here morons argue about shit they know nothing about.
from "Drugs, Society, and Modern Behavior" Levinthal 99.
"Options beyond the intake of cocaine hydrochloride widened with the development of free-base cocaine during the 1970's, and crack cocaine during the mid 80's. In free-base cocaine, the hydrochloride is removed from the salt form of cocaine, thus liberating it as a free base. The technique for producing free-base cocaine, however, is extremely hazardous, since it is necessary to treat cocaine powder with highly flammable agents such as ether residue, igniting the drug will cause it to explode into flames.
Crack cocaine is the result of a cheaper and safer chemical method. Treatment with baking soda yields small rocks, which can then be smoke in a small pipe. When they are smoked, a cracking noise accompanies the burning, hence the origin of the name crack."
oh, and if that doesn't make it clear, read this.
www.cocaine.org/vials.html
this is one of the most renowned books on the study of drugs, and it sure sounds to me like it saying they ARE slightly different, and i think the website makes it perfectly clear, so I think I'll take their word over yours.
GOT IT, GOOD!!!
peace, outkast

It's bullshit. It's that simple. I've seen the same shit at a link at the Lycaeum. The result of both methods is the isolated cocaine molecule with no salt. So should the final product in the method that uses ammonia be called freebase and the final product in the method using baking soda be crack? No. Tey are the same damn thing. Both routes knock off the HCl molecule leaving the freebase cocaine.
It's the same damn shit and that's a fact.

It's bullshit. It's that simple. I've seen the same shit at a link at the Lycaeum. The result of both methods is the isolated cocaine molecule with no salt. So should the final product in the method that uses ammonia be called freebase and the final product in the method using baking soda be crack? No. Tey are the same damn thing. Both routes knock off the HCl molecule leaving the freebase cocaine.
Now, the ammonia method probably yeilds a more pure product than the baking soda method. That I think is true. It's still the same product though. One has more impurities than the other but it's the same active chemical.

Now, the ammonia method probably yeilds a more pure product than the baking soda method. That I think is true. It's still the same product though. One has more impurities than the other but it's the same active chemical.
GOT IT? DOUBT IT

Bullshit. Both ammonia and sodium bicarb liberate the cocaine molecule to form cocaine freebase. It's that fuckin simple.
Read that quote you posted. Notice they talk about freebase in the 70;s and crack in the 80's. They then go on to describe what happens when cocaine HCl is liberated as a freebase. They don't follow it with what happens to cocaine when it becomes crack cause it's the same damn thing. Do you see what I'm saying? Probably not cause info in circulation like the above shit does nothing but mislead.
Look, they are saying that freebase refers to the early days of liberating the coke molecule and crack refers to the later days way of doing it. The only difference though is the method. The final product is all the same.
Sodium bicarb and ammonia both remove the HCl molecule from cocaine HCl leaving cocaine freebase.
Perhaps the ammonia method makes for a more pure product. That's what the site claims and it MAY be true. Even if that's true it's still the same active chemical which is cocaine.
So is it freebase if it's 85%,...83%...uh, when does it become crack? at 77%...maybe 50%. That's all bullshit.
The same nonsense can be found at a link at the Lycaeum. The dumbasses that wrote that shit never took the time to explain that the same damn result comes from the two different reactions. It does. Really

Bullshit. Both ammonia and sodium bicarb liberate the cocaine molecule to form cocaine freebase. It's that fuckin simple.
Read that quote you posted. Notice they talk about freebase in the 70;s and crack in the 80's. They then go on to describe what happens when cocaine HCl is liberated as a freebase. They don't follow it with what happens to cocaine when it becomes crack cause it's the same damn thing. Do you see what I'm saying? Probably not cause info in circulation like the above shit does nothing but mislead.
Look, they are saying that freebase refers to the early days of liberating the coke molecule and crack refers to the later days way of doing it. The only difference though is the method. The final product is all the same.
Sodium bicarb and ammonia both remove the HCl molecule from cocaine HCl leaving cocaine freebase.
Perhaps the ammonia method makes for a more pure product. That's what the site claims and it MAY be true. Even if that's true it's still the same active chemical which is cocaine.
So is it freebase if it's 85%,...83%...uh, when does it become crack? at 77%...maybe 50%. That's all bullshit.
The same nonsense can be found at a link at the Lycaeum. The dumbasses that wrote that shit never took the time to explain that the same damn result comes from the two different reactions. It does. Really

FREEBASE = CRACK = FREEBASE - It's the SAME FUCKING THING!
ArthurDent hit the nail on the head with his explaination - you're not "mixing" the cocaine with other chemicals, you're simply using those chemicals to alter the properties of the cocaine - the final product, that is, the shit you smoke, is cocaine in it's freebase form ..
Lets look at your little book quote there:
"In free-base cocaine, the hydrochloride is removed from the salt form of cocaine, thus liberating it as a free base. "
Ok, forget the shit after that about how one process uses dangerous chemicals - who cares? the point is that the final product is FREEBASE COCAINE ..
Lets move on to the next part:
"Crack cocaine is the result of a cheaper and safer chemical method. Treatment with baking soda yields small rocks, which can then be smoke in a small pipe"
The author wasn't very clear, but guess what? THE FINAL PRODUCT FROM THE ABOVE IS FREEBASE COCAINE ..
You can argue it all you want but it's a moot point - you can be crude and do it in the kitchen - your product will still have some of the HCl salt, and won't be of the same quality as crack produced via the first route - BUT THEY ARE THE SAME DRUG!
In the ghetto they use ammonia as it's much quicker then cooking with baking soda - would you agree that what you buy from Tyrone on Martin Luther King Jr Blvd is crack? Well it's the same chemical as what the candy ravers cook up at the after party - maybe a little more crude, but it's still just freebase cocaine ..
This arguement will end - no one is going to change anyones mind...
Now, on to the addiction issue ..
Crack is like any other drug in the sense that it produces a pleasurable feeling - it can provide an escape from reality as well.. crack is differn't from other drugs in that it is very short acting with it's effects - so, that pleasurable feeling is shortlived, and because it's such a good feeling, the user may want to maintain that - hence more crack ..
But who makes the choice to consume more crack? It's the *USER* .. the crack is only responsible for making the user feel good - it has no control over how the user manages his use ..
I was addicited to methamphetamine, and in NO WAY do I blame the drug - thats silly - how can I place my blame on a chemical? If you shoot someone, can you blame the gun? NO! the gun was simply the tool used for the shooting, the person who fired it was the one in control...
Crack may seem like a more EVIL DRUG because it costs a good bit, and the high is so short lived, in turn, it costs a lot to maintain the high .. BUT THE USER MAKES THE CHOICE TO FURTHER SEEK THE HIGH rather then take the crash and move on with life...
------------------
"can you do anything without insulting someone? your a bastard cry baby bitch.."
(posted by dust1n)

"Crack is actually a less pure sort of free-base cocaine"
from www.cocaine.org/vials.html
They are the same molecule though.
Where in your reference does it mention that freebase and crack are different chemicals? It simply says crack cocaine is freebase prodcued by a safer and cheaper method than traditionally used.

All Your FreeBase Are Belong To Us!
-Spencer
I want my old friends
I want my old face
I want my old mind
Fuck this time and place.

0k people i know my shit beyond a doubt, so ill explain this, A freebase is a non-polar, non salt form of a compound. A salt, like HCL is soluble in polar solvents like water, and that is why you can snort it, it permeates the nasal membrane very quickly and is effective in transmitting the drug into your system. To smoke the drug, you need to unhook the HCL molecule attached to it, and to do this you do it the exact same way in either method,
FIRST is what we call crack, you take coke, add water, add baking soda, heat, and you have unhooked the HCL and made the freed basic form of cocaine and can smoke it.
SECOND is the real freebasing, you take coke, add water, add amonia (doing the exact same thing the baking soda did), and instead of just evaporating (some street dealers do) you add a non-polar solvent like ether (doesnt have to be ether, as ether isnt the only one, you can use toluene, naptha...) to disolve the freed basic form and leave the ammonia and cut or crap in the water, and remove the cocaine-containg solvent, the non-polar,
END RESULT is in both methods you start with coke HCL, add a basifying agent (all are the same basically) and purify the end result to the desired point, washes and ether are not required, but are good for purity.
YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO USE ETHER TO FREEBASE, there is (almost) nothing wrong with evaping the water, and smoking. In crack, you have a lot of sodium left and it isnt good for you but you already knew that, Freebase is the same molecule, no stronger, just possibly more pure depending on how much the person who made it refined the product. I believe if you wash crack (which most people dont) with water after you freebase, it removes a lot of the sodium. Anyhow if theyre both the freebase form of cocaine, theyre the same thing, see for yourself in the methods i outlined.
------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."
My AIM: Thetripdoctor (im always on, Trust me)

0k people i know my shit beyond a doubt, so ill explain this, A freebase is a non-polar, non salt form of a compound. A salt, like HCL is soluble in polar solvents like water, and that is why you can snort it, it permeates the nasal membrane very quickly and is effective in transmitting the drug into your system. To smoke the drug, you need to unhook the HCL molecule attached to it, and to do this you do it the exact same way in either method,
FIRST is what we call crack, you take coke, add water, add baking soda, heat, and you have unhooked the HCL and made the freed basic form of cocaine and can smoke it.
SECOND is the real freebasing, you take coke, add water, add amonia (doing the exact same thing the baking soda did), and instead of just evaporating (some street dealers do) you add a non-polar solvent like ether (doesnt have to be ether, as ether isnt the only one, you can use toluene, naptha...) to disolve the freed basic form and leave the ammonia and cut or crap in the water, and remove the cocaine-containg solvent, the non-polar,
END RESULT is in both methods you start with coke HCL, add a basifying agent (all are the same basically) and purify the end result to the desired point, washes and ether are not required, but are good for purity.
YOU DONT EVEN NEED TO USE ETHER TO FREEBASE, there is (almost) nothing wrong with evaping the water, and smoking. In crack, you have a lot of sodium left and it isnt good for you but you already knew that, Freebase is the same molecule, no stronger, just possibly more pure depending on how much the person who made it refined the product. I believe if you wash crack (which most people dont) with water after you freebase, it removes a lot of the sodium. Anyhow if theyre both the freebase form of cocaine, theyre the same thing, see for yourself in the methods i outlined.
------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."

------------------

God damn bluelight posting!
Enough of this back-and-fourth...
We say that crack and freebase are the same - you disagree - ok, whatever!
------------------
"can you do anything without insulting someone? your a bastard cry baby bitch.."
(posted by dust1n)