FRESHIE-2/22/03-Asylum, Springfield, MA - v. 99 bottles of beer on the wall (8)

I'm home. im safe. i had a blast.
uhm.. i don't really wanna sit around and type anything out.. but as always i love you guys for making it so easy to love you all.. even when im jaded, cranky, bitchy, fallin asleep, and ready to beat the fuck outta sumone.. (glow stick slime anyone? Grrrrr)
old faces.. .it was so good to see u back out and doing good..
regulars.. :) always a blast with u guys.. You make long drives and fear of ravers worth it. ;)
New faces. nice meeting you all finally.. and getting to spend quality time with u :)
DancinXTCangel.. u are absolutely the most adorable girl i've seen in a long long time. it was great to meet u
and F4B.. you were a lot more then i expected. anuther pretty face, sorry i was so cranky when i finally met up with u.. but i promise i'll be better next time.. hehehe.. :p thank u for the bracelet... and making me smile and blush thruout the party :)
thats all :)

I agree with Jamal, I honestly think that was my last Asylum party, but more because it feels good to end my time there on a happy, positive note than if I cut that place off after a bad party. In any case, thanks to all of you for making last night so memorable for me. :) Despite my physical condition (ugh, sleeeeeeeeep) I had an absolute blast, and am so glad I got to spend time with all of you!!!! We really do need to find more excuses to get together, aside from parties!!
Bad Company was okay, but not great. The piece of shit that place calls a sound system didn't help... I can't wait for Dillinja & Lemon D in Boston on 4/20... Valve Soundsystem baybee!! Now there's some bass. I really enjoyed Dieselboy's set and had alot of fun during it, but methinks that was mainly due to being right up front with Elle, dancing around and realizing MC J-Messinian was standing right next to us in the crowd with his mic. Donald Glaude is the man, nuff said. And the Misstress... oh the Misstress... it felt so good to finally see Teddy and Kev dance to her set. Payback for "Sugar" last year, if you will. Her set was slammin' and I was definitely loving it, hell I even (very very briefly and awkwardly) danced to it! She has this amazing ability to come on when I feel I'm the most tired I've ever been in my life, and get me moving again. She did it at Wish in '01 and she did it again last night! Of course, this didn't last long, and I left the party mid-set to go lay down in my car and try to feel better (epilepsy, the gift that keeps on giving, blah). All in all the sets were pretty damn good, and well worth the trip. The people weren't so bad either. ;)
Denny's was definitely a great idea, hot food and soft bench seats were much needed by everyone. Sleep would've been nice too... I didn't get home until 10:30am!! I wish more than ever that I could've come down on Friday to spend some extra time with y'all, but thems the breaks. It was wonderful to meet some new faces (sorry it didn't happen sooner in the party Erik!) and of course spend more time with old friends. I hope very much that I get to see you all again soon!
Peace ~Katie
PS ~ HAH JEN I KNEW YOU'D BE THERE! *humps leg*

For the record, BC WASN'T there! lol. It was only Fresh from BC. Why the hell wasn't it advertised as FRESH from BC? lol. Dammit.
DancinXTCangel</---saw you, but didn't say hi. Sorry. Didn't mean to be a prick. I swear I am a nice guy. lol. ::belated wave::
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: MrJaMaL ]

Well I just got home a little while ago. I must say I had alot of fun at this party. For some reason though I and everyone i was with was just really tired/bored. Even with everyone around and the lineup i still ended up leaving around 3am. I wish i could've chilled with everyone longer, we had to get down to stamford though.
We ended up acting like retards at paul billz. "carlisle! well done!" I wish i couldve spent the last winding moments of the evening with you guys, you were all sorely missed.
To all my dear friends who I never get to see, it was awesome as always to hang out with you again. We seriously must find some way some how to all get together where we can speak without shouting, and not complain about being in the asylum.
There are so many people I wish i could've hung out with longer as this party, but i guess it wasn't meant to be. I will make it up i promise.
All in all a good time, but I think ill be staying away from the asylum for a while as well.

Was this Asylum party an exception?
Maybe it's the shitty venues in NY, but I thought it was great. There was ALWAYS a place to dance, the vibe was great, the line moved quickly, the majority of people were dancing, the puddles stayed to the side of the dancefloor (with exception of late into the night/morning), and the security didn't chase you out for refilling your water bottle in the sink. Sounds good to me!
Considering I can't dance for more than 20 seconds at a time, Donald Glaude's set was phenomenal. I wasn't overly impressed with Misstress Barbara's set. It was definitely quality, but after being blown away at Boo6 and One Nation ('02) it paled in comparison. Some of what I caught of Madame Buddafly's set was tight, too.
On that note, despite a few hangups, everything worked itself out in the end. I had a great time hanging with the NE crew; make sure to fit me in your schedule some time down the line.
I'm extremely exhausted right now so I'm cutting it short.
Party on, Wayne.
~Erik

I had a pretty good time at this party, despite certain belongings getting stolen by ravers, but oh well.
Oh, and I def saw my life flash before my eyes as I was almost crushed and pummeled to death by Mr Jamal over there.. good times.. he only stands like 4 feet above me.
Mistress Barbara had an great set.. i've never been disappointed by her.

Hey Funky4Breakz?!?!? Where's my love... ? lol
"I'm so fucking tired my eyeballs are burning my asshole open!"
-Funky4Breakz, February 23, 2003 9:35am