FRESHIE-2/22/03-Asylum, Springfield, MA - v. 99 bottles of beer on the wall (8)

I will be there, wearing clothes. If you know me, you'll recognize me. If not, it'll be your pleasure to meet me. ;)

see you all tonight, drive safely!!!
ill be wearing all baby blue with stars around my head, and around a bunch of jaded fucks ;)
4 hours? wheeee!

turns out i can't go after all.....good friend's birthday tonight, and she would be really upset if i wasn't at her party.
GRRRRR I'M SO MAD!!!!
jamal, teddy, katie, and the rest of you all have fun and teddy, tell misstress barbara i said hi :(

gathering at Christina's to make up for her bailing! Later this yr! info will be in email within months. ;)
Looks like it's just me and Chizzy.
I'll be one of the many jaded fucks around Chrissie. Not saying what I am wearing, but it sure as hell isn't rave gear :p

^^ It's just you, Chizzy, and moi. :D I'm leaving now, on my way to Jamal's, and then... FRESHIE!!!! :)
See you all very very soon!
Peace ~Katie

Now that your all gone, I can exclaim with impunity...
YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!
;) ;) ;)
Hope you guys had fun.

First one back! :D (edit: okay, second)
I hope you all had a good time, I know I definitely did! The music kicked ass and of course it was great meeting all of you. Sorry we didn't make it to Denny's after...we didn't know how to get there, and my friends were pretty tired and wanted to get back. I wish we could have stopped by, though. They're asleep now, so I'm sitting here all bored and not wanting to sleep yet, and it would have been really cool to chill with you guys. Oh well!
Hope everyone had fun and got home safe. :)
[ 23 February 2003: Message edited by: DancinXTCangel ]

I had a blast. waiting to take a shower then go to bed. It was great hanging out with you fockers. Finally got to dance. Next time I see you all the fuckin stache will be back. lol.
How many times was my ass grabbed and smacked at this party? lol.

finally home......im gonna sleep.....for 3 days, thats how fun this party was. pleasure seeing old faces as well as new, ill post more when im more coherant, and dont wanna pass out :)

It's now 10:00am and I am finally home... was a great party... and I am happy that I don't have a hangover to look forward too. Fun meeting everybody. goodnight!!!

Great fucking party. Elle and i had a great time dancing to Dieselboy and Bad Company's set. Donald Glaude was unreal as expected. No one is a bigger crowd favorite.
Big ups to the crew, great chillin with everyone, and meeting the newcomers as well. Later.

Def was GREAT!!! good sets got to meet a buncha new faces and see some old ones. Sorry I didnt find the strength to come to the after party Denny's was good mmm food. Ended up passing out at a rest area for about an hour enroute home.

i'm kind of interested to see what everybody thought of Glaude.. I know I may not sell out crowds, etc, since I don't even spin :D but I was not impressed by his mixing style when I saw him a couple months ago.. I was wanting to leave the party, actually.

^^^^ donald glaude kicked ass to answer your question
well lets see.....MISSTRESS BARBARA OWNZ!!!!!!
that's right the man with an unhealthy misstress barbara obsession got the chance to have a picture taken with miss stress herself.
thank thank thank thank you....jamal and lauren.
the party was phenomenal, having a chance to hang with everyone, and i mean everyone was well worth it.
so how do you guys feel about the asylum after your first time there?

RC...Donald Glaude was absolutely insane. No DJ gets the crowd going like him...when he scratched behind his back I thought that was hot. Not to mention his records are great tracks too.
all the BLers there were mad cool, I especially enjoyed all the people I met at Chrissies...please stay in touch.

ummm wow.
okay, so that party was one of the best i've been to in a long time (then again i haven't been to many parties in the past year and a half or so).
donald glaude made my night. during his set, i probably had what was the closest thing to a spiritual moment i have had in the longest time. there was one track in particular that made me go crazy and dance my ass off (i'm still trying to find out the damn name of that track! i MUST own it!). During that track I turned to my friend and said "I feel like I'm rolling!" Yes, keep in mind that this bopper parties sober (why, you ask? b/c if i'm fucked up I can't dance... and no dancing = no fun... dancing really IS my anti-drug... hehe).
I had an awesome time. I was actually smiling and couldn't stop dancing for most of the night. Hell, my boyfriend told me that he's never seen me that happy before.
It was good to see a lot of the old crew, as well as meet a few new people - all of which were totally awesome!
I had to leave before the party ended though b/c I had to pick up one of my friends from the airport at 8am - so my apologies to those I didn't get to say good-bye to (some of you buggers are hard to find!).
I'd give shoutouts to all of the people, but I'm afraid I'm going to forget a few people in there. But to all of you - thanks for making my night absolutely amazing.
There was one bluelighter in particular though that I did meet last night - and when I was saying goodbye to everyone, he gave me one of the best compliments on my dancing I think I have ever received. I'll paraphrase it here b/c not only is it an awesome compliment, it's beautifully worded:
"when I dance, I get into the music... but when I watch you dance, I see the music get into you" (something along those lines)
okay. so i'm just going to shutup right now. i'm so tired and sore, but i'm still fucking glowing from having such a great time. and i'm not looking forward to all of the homework i need to do today (though it was far beyond worth it to have gone last night).
i really thought my partying days were over - i thought i never would have had such a great time at parties ever again - parties where you have those cheesy moments where for a while everything fits together and it's just you and the music and everything and it's indescribable. yeah, i thought those times were over. the last time i had one of those moments was probably back in 2001... i'm glad last night proved me wrong.
damn, it's good to be alive.
- Mella

So yeah like I was saying I had a fucking blast. Dunno when the last time I had fun at the Asylum. Heh. Well DSL and Fresh of BC could have been sooooo good last night and I wouldn't have cared because like I said b4, DNB does NOT belong in the main room at the Asylum. Sound sucked ass. Bass bins couldn't handle it.
I like Donald Glaude a lot as a DJ, but as me and Teddy pointed out last night, if you wanna dance more than 2 mins at a time, it's kinda hard to do so to his set. I say this because he will let the track play then start cuttin and scratching for like 5 mins. You are more apt to bob your head than dance due to the lack of flow. I wish he would just let the track play out for awhile THEN do his tricks. heheh.
Misstress Barbara rocked my socks. I mean I danced a lot to Glaude, but whatever energy I had left, it went straight to her set. Had to rest a lot due to it being HOT ASS in there, expecially with a fucking sweater on. Yeah I know. I was thinking of the weather outside not inside. heh.
Like I said before, it was really good hanging out with you guys (old & new). Big ups to Crow, Batty and oopsz for making the long trek to MA (whether it be via plane or train).
Denny's was a good deal afterwards, I was fahkin stahvin' dood. The ride home was a bitch. I kept dozing off, and that is with taking 2 xenadrine. lol.
Hope you all had a safe trip home. I know I will NEVER see any of you at the Asylum again, this was DEFINITELY my last time there.
WMC? I know me, Kaydub and TheRaveToy are going so far (only difference is, my trip plans are concrete already). Anyone else going? I decided that I am done going to parties in New England and New York. I know I said this before, but things have definitely changed. Would be nice to see a Starscape '03. Ok, time to veg.